PS5 to lack backwards compatibility

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I wanted to play Red Redemption before buying RD2. It was available via stream but internet is so trash here I couldn't play it, all that stuttering, horrible graphics due to connection optimization. I have an entire album of pretty nice games that I would like to play like bioshock. My ps3 died. but I have an album full of disks that cost me a lot of cash. I would like to still be able too whenever I want. Sometimes a mothafukk just wants to play Last of Us before playing Last of Us 2 for a refresher. but then they tell you nah. you gotta buy it again (remaster)

That really isn't cool at all. There's no defending that.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Main reason ANY digital purchases I make on a system are going to be on Xbox or pc

Sony has shown me that overall that they are willing to abandon older generations and turn around and sell you remaster and the ability to access older games for a price.

I understand that some people don't care. I'm not one of those people. Their strategy towards this will mean that my 3rd party games will always been on Xbox platforms. I bought a good deal of 3rd party for the PS4 this gen, it's not going to stay that way.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Aside from a few select classics, I dont play 15+ year old games like that. Let me play my ps4 titles I haven't completed and remaster the older titles with updated graphics, support, trophies, etc.

I dont understand the concept of spending $500+ on the latest system just to play Final Fantasy 10 all over again :dwillhuh: . We're paying premium $$, I better get a premium experience.

Demons-Souls-Remake-PS5-vs-Demons-Souls-PS3-they-compare-1024x576.jpg
wheres the pic on the right from?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Lots of hurt feelings here but I'll try to be gentle...
As long as it’s backwards compatible with the PS4, that’s all that matters to me.
Yeah ok, PS now ftw :mjlol:
Why buy a PS5 to play games from older generations? Shyt makes no sense
You thinking new games makes all previous games obsolete doesn't make sense. You do realize every new game isn't a good game, and you surely have not played everything worthy of your time from the previous gens so I guess have fun playing godfall :patrice:
I used to care about BC, then after the PS3 I realize I never went back to play that old shyt anyway. And if I wanted to I still have a working PS3.
No, this is what happened. You got penis envy from the Xbox BC efforts and Sony straight up pulled a fast one on y'all because it was only for launch 60gb ps3's ($600) they didn't even tell ppl they was removing the feature, they just did it and nikkaz found out one day :lolbron:
I know everyone is rushing and beating down the walls to play PS1 thru PS3 titles!!!!

:mjlol:

Still got my OG launch PS3. Don't have those problems. :unimpressed:

Lacking ps4 BC would be 100x worse.

nikkaz Waitin on next gen not 2,3,4 gens ago...

*awaits faux outrage*
If that's how you feel :handshake: but you say things that contradict yourself like...
the free trial is only on the PS4?

they really do need to add in an option to give PS Now to PS Plus members in a bundled price.

Maybe 89 a year for like 50 hours a month or something of PS Now.
See, in the post above you're talking about how its a good idea TO PAY FOR A SERVICE TO ACCESS THESE OLD GAMES, GAMEPASS TYPE PRICES FOR OLD shyt ONLY and for 50hrs a month or so :picard: but you know, words don't mean nothing...
thats EXACTLY what MS said at the start of this current gen and you see how well that played out for them in terms of sales.
You're thinking 360 era
Lol @ Xbots thinking this is a big deal :russ:

The PS4 didn’t even have PS3 BC and yet sold over 100m. Remind me again how many Xbox Ones was sold despite having BC? The number of people who want to play Metal Gear Solid 1 and Twisted Metal on their shiny new PS5 is close to zero.
PS now be like

No the main reason you make digital purchases on Xbox is because you're a stan. :mjlol:

Can you play this on the Xbox One X right now?

51A5BRiyfTL._SY445_.jpg

Did NO remaster come out on the Xbox One?

Dudes were all hype for
gears-of-war-ultimate-edition-us-rp-xonejpg-791bee.jpg

but acting brand new at remasters.

You dudes see one gen where BC wasn't used and stretch it to mean no BC at all going forward when it's been confirmed PS5 will play PS4 games.
Kinect 2.0 Sensor USB 3.0 Adapter for Xbox One S Xbox One X Windows PC(EU)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The line about PS1~PS3 BC in the page got removed.
This is what it says now:

ANSWER:

As part of their next-gen UPGRADE PROCESS, PlayStation offer a number of features designed to help you move from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5.

PlayStation 4 players will be able to join multiplayer games with PlayStation 5 players.

We also have information on next-gen for the XBOX SERIES X.

LET US KNOW if you have any questions!

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
The line about PS1~PS3 BC in the page got removed.
This is what it says now:

ANSWER:

As part of their next-gen UPGRADE PROCESS, PlayStation offer a number of features designed to help you move from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5.

PlayStation 4 players will be able to join multiplayer games with PlayStation 5 players.

We also have information on next-gen for the XBOX SERIES X.

LET US KNOW if you have any questions!
Sony hit them with the
tenor.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land