PS4 Streaming To Vita LAGLESS

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Yea cause they demonstrate wireless streaming but reeally streaming through usb :beli:
Dumb smart nikkas, :snoop:Its network streaming. Which can be wired or wireless. Wired is always best because of little to no latency issues. Why do you think when people have homes built they run ethernet cable to every room? Wireless can be good but its has a lot more variables to deal with and that just on your home native network.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Time to get furious.... :lolbron:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/19/hands-on-playstation-vita-2013/

"Remote Play functionality was similarly impressive. There was zero perceptible lag between PlayStation 4 on-screen action and what we were inputting on the Vita. The same sentiment applies to input directly on the Vita for the PS4 game we were playing: no lag, as if Knack were a game being played locally on the Vita. How this will play out with your own home WiFi is another question altogether, which we'll test more thoroughly when we get PlayStation 4 review units in the coming weeks. As of right now, it more than stands up to NVIDIA's Shield. If anything, it bests the Shield's streaming performance with zero hitches while we played."

:mjpls:
R.c00n, let me show you what you need to be worrying about.
1.) The article says they have no idea how it'll work in your homes wifi. Japan has speeds of like 200mb as th3e normal speeds. Much easier to work over there than here :umad:
If I'm lying, tell me why they didn't show this at E3 or Gamescom or Pax :popcorn:

2.) Knack now has PSeye support so Knack shouldn't even be compatible with Vita once its released
And how many games will either support this while taking away features that the xbox version has?
BF4 comes to mind. But I'm sure neither feature will work on PS4 (vita or kinect type functionality)
You'll find out for yourself in 2 months :salute:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
blah blah blah :umad:

berneydidnotread.gif

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dumb smart nikkas, :snoop:Its network streaming. Which can be wired or wireless. Wired is always best because of little to no latency issues. Why do you think when people have homes built they run ethernet cable to every room? Wireless can be good but its has a lot more variables to deal with and that just on your home native network.

Until we get another Vita update Private Network can only be done wirelessly. Content Manager and charging the battery are the only functions capable with the usb on the Vita

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
R.c00n, let me show you what you need to be worrying about.
1.) The article says they have no idea how it'll work in your homes wifi. Japan has speeds of like 200mb as th3e normal speeds. Much easier to work over there than here :umad:
If I'm lying, tell me why they didn't show this at E3 or Gamescom or Pax :popcorn:

2.) Knack now has PSeye support so Knack shouldn't even be compatible with Vita once its released
And how many games will either support this while taking away features that the xbox version has?
BF4 comes to mind. But I'm sure neither feature will work on PS4 (vita or kinect type functionality)
You'll find out for yourself in 2 months :salute:
1) It was shown at Gamescom with Assassin's Creed. It reads "your home's wifi" For different reasons, not everyone has an excellent connection at home. However, they can still use Private Network for a solid connection with the console.

2) Knack has PSeye support. That means if you have the device the game will support it, but it's not mandatory. PS4/Vita remote play is for all non-mandatory PSeye games.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sigh my friend I feel you may be disappointed. Most have home isp's have fairly low uplink speeds compared to their download speeds. So you have a bandwidth issues right there. Then there's latency between their network and isp to the school/work/cell etc. isp. Lets not even get into the issue QOS protocols but in by schools/business/work/public networks that will kill your bandwidth and latency etc. Its a nightmare for something like this where you have to send time sensitive data back and forth through all this mess. Being on a home network bypasses most of these issues.

This is the main thing I don't like about Sony approach about these things. I commend them for doing this because its good feature for home use. But they are just vague enough to let people think they will be gaming away from home playing their PS4 games on vita.

Nvidia shield has the same feature where can play your PC games on the shield if you have a compatible Nvidia graphics card. But they don't imply you can play your Pc games on the go away from your home network.

:duck:

home networks speeds are pretty damn decent between devices (intranet which is what this will be)

InTERnet is my main concern.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
1) It was shown at Gamescom with Assassin's Creed. It reads "your home's wifi" For different reasons, not everyone has an excellent connection at home. However, they can still use Private Network for a solid connection with the console.

2) Knack has PSeye support. That means if you have the device the game will support it, but it's mandatory. PS4/Vita remote play is for all non-mandatory PSeye games.

You cannot be serious :laff:

1.) It was shown on stage, but nobody at Gamescom actually tried it themselves :stopitslime:
if it was this working feature, it would have been made available to the public. You already know why it wasn't if you think about it. Will you accept the truth tho?

2.) You either got it confused, or you ignored what I said. I know how it works, 3cepts seem to be confused.
If a game has PSeye functionality of any kind, it will not have remote play. Thats it
Right now, you guys are thinking to yourselves "I don't even like the Kinect I never used, so I won't miss shyt"
Reality is Kinect is changing how games are made. And plenty of games moving foward will have Kinect like features meaning remote play will be something rarely used. Some of you will be pissed a game even has PS eye functionality. While others will be mad when it doesn't. All the top games are already using Kinect.
BF4, Madden, 2K, COD. Remote play or not to remote play???
Sony doesn't give a shyt because remote play isn't gonna work properly anyway :manny:
:duck:

home networks speeds are pretty damn decent between devices (intranet which is what this will be)

InTERnet is my main concern.
You already know Internet is gonna be a no-go.
As for Intranet, well you was bragging about your old outdated Bluetooth :laff:
Wifi Direct would have made this work flawlessly (Tru Story)
You still laughing now bruh bruh :gladbron:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not about hoping it doesn't work. Use common sense.

Think about how unrelaible wifi connections are, and that's just loading webpages. Think about how many times you drop a connection on your mobile phone.

These hiccups in performace are not a big deal when loading webpages or streaming movies. But when playing a game you need a constant strong fast reliable connection. None of those words can be used when describing most wifi/mobile connections. And that's not even taking into account that you will have to share your home bandwith with whoever is using the Internet at home.

This has nothing to do with sony's technology, it's just the reality of Internet connections in America.
Even for the cloud?