PS4 Streaming To Vita LAGLESS

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
An insult alone does not constitute as an ad hominem. The insult had no bearing on my argument or the point I was trying to make

it's a strawman of sorts, where you try to paint your opposition as being a completely biased "stan"

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And you yall talking about how bad it'll look on the Vita

From the link in the OP
As for that new LCD screen, it looked perfectly fine to us. Games still looked great; in fact, we tried out PlayStation 4 Remote Play functionality on the new Vita with Knack, and it looked incredible. Of course, it's a PS4 game running on a little LCD screen, so it'd better look pretty incredible.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
:snoop: It was plugged in so the battery doesn't die
Understandable but he should have unplugged it doing the demo so there would not be any misunderstanding amongst the populace. So at this point its still in the air until a non connected vita is doing this with no cable attach to it whatsoever.

P.S. I do believe it will work ok on a decent home network but anywhere else is a crapshoot.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Understandable but he should have unplugged it doing the demo so there would not be any misunderstanding amongst the populace. So at this point its still in the air until a non connected vita is doing this with no cable attach to it whatsoever.

P.S. I do believe it will work ok on a decent home network but anywhere else is a crapshoot.
:wow:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
:snoop: It was plugged in so the battery doesn't die

obviously it can charge via the mini-usb, but that doesn't mean it can't do data too. plus they specifically said:

How this will play out with your own home WiFi is another question altogether, which we'll test more thoroughly when we get PlayStation 4 review units in the coming weeks.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
obviously it can charge via the mini-usb, but that doesn't mean it can't do data too. plus they specifically said:
Remote Play doesn't work through the usb port. Like the PS3, it'll work be either internet(wifi) or Private Network (wireless connection to console)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Obviously they were doing it via network there though.

The home wifi isn't what I'm interested in.....outside of the home is. By default a shytty connection won't do much for you. But if you are at a place with a decent internet connection this could be HUGE.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PS3 Remote Play works fine at my crib, so I know I'm good. Never tried it at outside but I imagine you'll get some lag on weak wifi hotspots.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Obviously they were doing it via network there though.

The home wifi isn't what I'm interested in.....outside of the home is. By default a shytty connection won't do much for you. But if you are at a place with a decent internet connection this could be HUGE.

there should be 3 different ways to connect, right?

-a direct connection (maybe via usb :lolbron: )
-home wifi/network
-internet --> home wifi/network

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
shyt, you could always tether your phone's hotspot to your vita for the streaming as well. I wonder how much bandwidth it uses to do that. I've done so with streaming HD vids on my ipad and for 1 ep. of breaking bad it took about somewhere in the 300+ meg ballpark. I have no idea how much data is consumed for gaming. I wonder if the type of game makes any difference as well. And since it's technically just displaying the visuals on your vita screen while your PS4 does the hardwork, what's the dynamics of data consumption involved on that. Can't wait to try this shyt out. 2 more months...:blessed:

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
That's not what they are demonstrating here. Using wifi will be a much different experience.
Aw word? fukk dat shyt then :lolbron:
Edit: how do you know? :stopitslime:

Let's see it working on out-of-home wifi then we'll talk, otherwise you nikkas are just making assumptions & hoping it won't work