PS4 Streaming To Vita LAGLESS

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Obviously they were doing it via network there though.

The home wifi isn't what I'm interested in.....outside of the home is. By default a shytty connection won't do much for you. But if you are at a place with a decent internet connection this could be HUGE.

Sigh my friend I feel you may be disappointed. Most have home isp's have fairly low uplink speeds compared to their download speeds. So you have a bandwidth issues right there. Then there's latency between their network and isp to the school/work/cell etc. isp. Lets not even get into the issue QOS protocols but in by schools/business/work/public networks that will kill your bandwidth and latency etc. Its a nightmare for something like this where you have to send time sensitive data back and forth through all this mess. Being on a home network bypasses most of these issues.

This is the main thing I don't like about Sony approach about these things. I commend them for doing this because its good feature for home use. But they are just vague enough to let people think they will be gaming away from home playing their PS4 games on vita.

Nvidia shield has the same feature where can play your PC games on the shield if you have a compatible Nvidia graphics card. But they don't imply you can play your Pc games on the go away from your home network.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Aw word? fukk dat shyt then :lolbron:
Edit: how do you know? :stopitslime:

Let's see it working on out-of-home wifi then we'll talk, otherwise you nikkas are just making assumptions & hoping it won't work

It's not about hoping it doesn't work. Use common sense.

Think about how unrelaible wifi connections are, and that's just loading webpages. Think about how many times you drop a connection on your mobile phone.

These hiccups in performace are not a big deal when loading webpages or streaming movies. But when playing a game you need a constant strong fast reliable connection. None of those words can be used when describing most wifi/mobile connections. And that's not even taking into account that you will have to share your home bandwith with whoever is using the Internet at home.

This has nothing to do with sony's technology, it's just the reality of Internet connections in America.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
You probly could but itd look like complete shyt and laggy as hell :heh:

But technically theyre right :umad:
Im sure you seen the post above where put some insight into this. And that a laymans term post. I worked in networking for many years. This is my specialty before I got my current job. But believe what you want too.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
just streaming video is very different because it gets buffered. streaming video is usually many seconds behind, let alone the milliseconds people talk about when discussing 'input lag'