PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
320swyu40407.gif

Just watched the Horizon Zero video in 4k on my 5k iMac.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Wait so no enhancements to multiplayer games so not to give advantages to old ps4 units..thats bullshyt
This is not a generational leap, just think of it as "Irish Twins", that brother or sister born within a year of your birth. They are companion pieces not comparable pieces.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Wait so no enhancements to multiplayer games so not to give advantages to old ps4 units..thats bullshyt

you mean advantage to PS4 pro users. The only major game played where this could have happened was Destiny since multi is currently 30fps on there. And the 60 would make a difference so that's not shocking to hear.

Single player should be good though for the enhancements.

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
you mean advantage to PS4 pro users. The only major game played where this could have happened was Destiny since multi is currently 30fps on there. And the 60 would make a difference so that's not shocking to hear.

Single player should be good though for the enhancements.

Yea I meant to say "so not to give advantage over the old ps4". But still that sucks..I'm not buying this thing to be framerate locked in bf1

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea I meant to say "so not to give advantage over the old ps4". But still that sucks..I'm not buying this thing to be framerate locked in bf1
?
BF1 runs at 60fps on PS4.

That means on PS4 Neo, it will be 60fps too by default.

What this mean is if say BF1 ran at 30fps on PS4, it wouldn't be 60fps on PS4Pro.

Virtually every major MP shooter is 60fps on PS4 already so by default, the PS4pro is going to be 60fps too with most likely better graphics.

This isn't really an isssue outside of relatively little to no games.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
What system you got and what's your gamer tag
PC. I'm just laughing at some 8 core AMD APU being the cutting edge of graphics technology. I'm a big fan console optimization and simplicity but them trying to act like they're at the forefront these days is very comical.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
What's a good budget tv to get the full benefits of the pro? Horizon in 4k looked insane.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
PC. I'm just laughing at some 8 core AMD APU being the cutting edge of graphics technology. I'm a big fan console optimization and simplicity but them trying to act like they're at the forefront these days is very comical.

Uncharted 4 looked cutting edge

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Digital Foundry: Three hours with PlayStation 4 Pro

They sound very optimistic and impressed.

I went into the PlayStation Meeting with a healthy scepticism and came out thinking that there is a cost-efficient console coming very soon that will indeed present a highly impressive upgrade option when paired with an ultra HD screen. There was no panicupgrade on the Neo spec - we're still looking at a 4.2 teraflop GPU - instead, Sony has opted for smart technology over raw rendering brute force, still achieving some really impressive results. This makes the PS4 Pro viable as a $399/£349 box.

I first took a look at the results in Days Gone, the open world survival horror title from Sony Bend. I observed the pixel structure on a 65-inch Sony 4K display from just two feet away, and then I moved closer. It looked good, seriously good. There is a slight softness compared to the pin-sharp precision of a native 4K presentation, but even close-up, the effect works well - in a living room environment, it should work just fine. In common with the other titles using this technique, the demo code we saw can switch in real-time between 1080p and '4K' at the press of a button, with HDR on and off also selectable. There is a clear, unambiguous night and day difference between 1080p and the 4K mode, which is clearly resolving more than the basic 2x increase in pixel throughput being generated at the base level. In fact, the detail increase is almost revelatory - and that applies equally to both Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn.

At the PlayStation Meeting, Crystal Dynamics were only showing the 4K mode. We've played a fair amount of this title recently, on both the Titan X Pascal and dual GTX 1080 SLI. It is, quite frankly, one of the finest 4K gaming experiences available. PS4 Pro is compromised a touch - it looks a little softer, and quality presets are pared back - but the core of the experience, the 'upgrade factor' over 1080p if you like, is there. This was by far and away the best third party 4K title we saw at the PlayStation Meeting.

Speaking to developers on site, several aspects of the checkerboard technology came into focus. Up until now, we've seen it as a software post-process upscale, but in actual fact, it's one of a number of new custom features backed into the PS4 Pro's GPU and as such comes with zero cost to game developers. We also understand that while it is a hardware feature, game-makers do seem to have a certain level of control - which may perhaps explain why different games exhibit varying levels of artefacting.

To its credit, Sony understands that a certain level of scepticism will persist here and to that end, several Sony developers on site told us that lead architect Mark Cerny will be going into the specifics of the custom hardware features in the next few weeks. Enticingly, we were also told that there was more to the GPU enhancements mentioned than just the checkerboard upscaler, so the details there should be fascinating.

Last edited:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Uncharted 4 looked cutting edge
Because Naughty Dog is amazing, doesn't make the hardware cutting edge. If they actually got to work on cutting edge hardware it'd be even grander and uncapped past 30 fps. But I don't want to turn this into that kind of thread.

I'll for sure get the PS4 Pro for Last of Us 2.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Because Naughty Dog is amazing, doesn't make the hardware cutting edge. If they actually got to work on cutting edge hardware it'd be even grander and uncapped past 30 fps. But I don't want to turn this into that kind of thread.

I'll for sure get the PS4 Pro for Last of Us 2.
You dam right you will :ufdup:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
What's a good budget tv to get the full benefits of the pro? Horizon in 4k looked insane.

There is none. Best TV that doesn't go beast mode on the price is the Samsung UN49KS8000 and that's a little over $1k. :wow:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
fukk this thing

Dudes talking about but but but it would raise the cost to $500 to play 4k blu rays! fukk outta here.

It costs around $15 more for the 4k blu ray drive.

Sony just raised plus by $10 they can afford fiteen fukking dollars.

Never in my life seen a company hold a press conference to show slide shows of 4k images and then announce they can't even use one of the best functions 4k.

fukk out my face stans. Y'all would defend this junk even if sony added a retina scan and nothing else.

And don't come talk to me about but but but it's a gaming console like y'all didn't spend the last gen bragging about ps3 playing blu rays.

This shyt isn't worth the time I spent making this post.

Sony you fukked up and let Microsoft eat your lunch :ufdup: