PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Im playing Deus Ex and shyt looks and runs much better, noticeably so. I have a Samsung KU6300, HDR looks decent in Game Mode, if I turn on extra processing features it looks incredible but the input lag gets kinda brutal. Game Mode still looks pretty good and keeps HDR picture

Also my OG PS4 sounded like a jet engine, so I'm happy with my purchase for that alone :yeshrug:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
So what was Sony's logic behind not including a 4K blu ray player?

Not trying to incite a console war here, just legitimately curious....

Cost? A push toward digital? Struggle 4K blu ray sales? A desire to not have too much functional difference between the Slim and Pro versions?
Cost. And push to digital.

For me personaly im happy they saved me money. Cause im sure i would have bought some movies that id watch once and not really want. :russ:

Besides that. In the last couple years ive bought a handful of 3d blu rays and thats it :manny:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Cost? A push toward digital? Struggle 4K blu ray sales? A desire to not have too much functional difference between the Slim and Pro versions?

Cost. it would make them either have to price the system higher or eat into their profit margin at 399.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

latest

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

Strategy - take immediate advantage of 4K hardware price decrease and availability.

MS whether they wanted to or not, HAD to include a UHD drive in the S because they needed to make a move to prevent them from getting lapped this generation. I'm sure they would have preferred to wait until Scorpio to make that decision because they're taking a loss selling their console with a UHD drive for $249.

It's a gamble, you either bet on the future or you bet on the now. UHD media and players aren't even a year old at the release of the Pro so there are no overwhelming numbers to justify including the drive in their latest console refresh. That doesn't at all mean that they won't eventually become the defacto physical media player of choice. We've had the physical vs. digital media argument dozens of times here but if you take sales out of the argument and talk about pure consumption, digital streaming media is the preference of the average consumer. We know this is the preference because the number of consumers cutting the cord is rising exponentially every year.

The "Prosumer" is concerned about a lack of a UHD drive but the thought process there is these are the people who spend thousands on their entertainment setups. They already own a stand alone player or will purchase one to fit their needs as money isn't an option for them. The average consumer doesn't really care unless they parrot the "prosumers" concerns.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Gonna be honest. Not really seeing the difference between 4K/30fps vs 1800/60fps on TLOU. May be because the 30fps is too distracting :patrice:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gonna be honest. Not really seeing the difference between 4K/30fps vs 1800/60fps on TLOU. May be because the 30fps is too distracting :patrice:
Once u get up to like 1800P or w/e it's pretty much 4K like and you gotta pull out the
Magnifying-Glass-high-res-psd53394.png
to spot the differences.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My Pro was supposed to come with a free 4K sausage party movie. I took the receipt in and they told me I had to bring in the console too. screw it.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Once u get up to like 1800P or w/e it's pretty much 4K like and you gotta pull out the
Magnifying-Glass-high-res-psd53394.png
to spot the differences.
Yeah Sony may be onto something here :patrice:

My Pro was supposed to come with a free 4K sausage party movie. I took the receipt in and they told me I had to bring in the console too. screw it.

1g6jyc.gif