PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Pretty sure performance can't change at all without a patch. It just runs exactly the same from what I've read.
So it doesn't run more stable? I'm not saying it should have higher fps. But similar to the Xbox One S. Where certain games run better and more stable on it cause of the overclock. It should be the same story for the ps4 pro.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So it doesn't run more stable? I'm not saying it should have higher fps. but similar to the Xbox One S. where certain games run better and more stable on it cause of the overclock. it should be the same story for the ps4 pro.
actually Mark Cerny said the PS4 Pro runs unpatched games exactly the same due to unforeseen compatibility issues arising. The Xbox One S's slight upclock is nothing compared to the new architecture(Polaris) twice as powerful as the OG PS4. He explained that games could break or have problems if ran free and he wanted every single PS4 game before the pro to work exactly as it did on the regular PS4. The Xbox One S's overclock doesn't compare and honestly outside of project cars which is an anomaly, very few games actually run better on the Xbox One S.

There's only some games that it helped out and it averaged out to about 1-2 fps sometimes which really isn't anything worthy.

Games that were made for PS4 specs have to be patched for PRO support and letting it run on the PS4 Pro could break some games because of timings and shyt like that.

"Moving to a different CPU - even if it's possible to avoid impact to console cost and form factor - runs the very high risk of many existing titles not working properly," Cerny explains. "The origin of these problems is that code running on the new CPU runs code at very different timing from the old one, and that can expose bugs in the game that were never encountered before."

"I've done a number of experiments looking for issues when frequencies vary and... well... [laughs] I think first and foremost, we need everything to work flawlessly. We don't want people to be conscious of any issues that may arise when they move from the standard model to the PS4 Pro."

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
So it doesn't run more stable? I'm not saying it should have higher fps. But similar to the Xbox One S. Where certain games run better and more stable on it cause of the overclock. It should be the same story for the ps4 pro.
Idk. I'd imagine if the game isn't coded to take advantage of the extra clock speed it'd just run the same. Some games have 1080p modes like tomb raider where you can check frame rate and resolution options for better performance but that's with the patch.

The review I read earlier. I think cnet. Said without a patch the games run exactly how they would on OG ps4. Could be wrong idk. Haven't got one myself.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
actually Mark Cerny said the PS4 Pro runs unpatched games exactly the same due to unforeseen compatibility issues arising. The Xbox One S's slight upclock is nothing compared to the new architecture(Polaris) twice as powerful as the OG PS4. He explained that games could break or have problems if ran free and he wanted every single PS4 game before the pro to work exactly as it did on the regular PS4. The Xbox One S's overclock doesn't compare and honestly outside of project cars which is an anomaly, very few games actually run better on the Xbox One S. There's only some games that it helped out and it averaged out to about 1-2 fps sometimes which really isn't anything worthy.
Oh ok. But what about the claims that the fps in the multiplayer should have less drops and be more stable. See I'm getting conflicting stories about this thing.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh ok. But what about the claims that the fps in the multiplayer should have less drops and be more stable. See I'm getting conflicking stories about this thing.
Here is it in a nutshell:

Pro Patched games=better graphics/IQ and higher/stabler framerates. Like TF2 for example runs at 1440P 60fps on PS4 Pro. The 60fps target would be more stabler e.g. it'd drop less and stick to 60 compared to running on PS4.

Unpatched PS4 Pro games=run exactly the same for compatibility reasons. They didn't want a game, any game to end up having problems because of the stronger hardware so they turn off half the GPU and downclock the CPU to make sure it runs with no problems.

the "No different fps in games" thing you heard about is them saying they won't allow a game on PS4 to run only at 30fps while it being at 60fps on the Pro.

If a game is targeting 60fps on the OG PS4, the PS4 Pro would be stabler/higher. Like BF1 on PS4 has lots of drops and low framerates sometimes in 64 player matches so on the PS4 Pro it should run closer to 60/at 60 because of the improved hardware.

Like UC4 MP runs at 60fps much stabler than the PS4 version at 1080P compared to 900P on the PS4.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Here is it in a nutshell:

Pro Patched games=better graphics/IQ and higher/stabler framerates. Like TF2 for example runs at 1440P 60fps on PS4 Pro. The 60fps target would be more stabler e.g. it'd drop less and stick to 60 compared to running on PS4.

Unpatched PS4 Pro games=run exactly the same for compatibility reasons. They didn't want a game, any game to end up having problems because of the stronger hardware so they turn off half the GPU and downclock the CPU to make sure it runs with no problems.
Ohhh. Yea. that's kinda wack but it's all good. What about BF1 multiplayer? It just keeps talkin that 4K shyt. I just want the shyt to have less drops than the original PS4.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ohhh. Yea. that's kinda wack but it's all good. What about BF1 multiplayer? It just keeps talkin that 4K shyt. I just want the shyt to have less drops than the original PS4.
Dice seems to be under some NDA, I seen someone posted a tweet from them saying they can't answer anything about teh PS4 Pro patch yet. Idk why. So far I seen one guy on Neogaf who has a Pro and he says even though there's no patch for BF1 yet he notices the image looks slightly cleaner. Like it looks identical to me but there's basically less jaggies but that's not the patch.