PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
No you missed the point. When you have PSVR hooked up to the PS4 it doesn't allow the PS4 to use HDR. We're not talking about the head set or VR games. PS4 games cannot use HDR if you have PSVR hooked up to the console
I never even knew it was that complicated to hook up. I knew Sony fukked up with this shyt. It'll stop being supported in the next 2-3 years

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I never even knew it was that complicated to hook up. I knew Sony fukked up with this shyt. It'll stop being supported in the next 2-3 years
It's not that it's complicated, they just omitted HDR pass through functionality in the box that they use to send the hdmi signal to the headset and to the tv. The set up itself is very straight forward and well done.
And I agree that PSVR will likely be abandoned in a few years. And it's a shame because so far it's hands down my favorite Sony peripheral of all time. It's an impressive experience with a lot of potential but I think it's a bit too early for the general public and even though $400 is reasonable for the hardware, it's still expensive for the console gamer crowd. Hopefully they have new versions in the future with better graphics capabilities and they work on games that are fuller in content and are less prone to induce motion sickness for a wider range of people.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
TR mechanics are so damn dumb at times. Kill a mofo that have a gun but I'm so early in the game I can't pick it up. I have to find parts to used the same gun I should be able to pick up:dahell:

With that said this game do look good on the Pro:wow:

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
TR mechanics are so damn dumb at times. Kill a mofo that have a gun but I'm so early in the game I can't pick it up. I have to find parts to used the same gun I should be able to pick up:dahell:

With that said this game do look good on the Pro:wow:
Just make sure you don't have PSVR hooked up at the same time :sas2:

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
So i went looking to see if its something that a firmware update could resolve but Sonys FAQ says the processor isn't capable of HDR pass through. I dont know if they mean period or just out of the box, but the big thing is that this info was released about 2 weeks before it even came out :francis:

I understand that HDR was being pushed and they should have used some foresight but you cant really be mad that you didn't research the limitations of tech you were buying before you plunged in.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So i went looking to see if its something that a firmware update could resolve but Sonys FAQ says the processor isn't capable of HDR pass through. I dont know if they mean period or just out of the box, but the big thing is that this info was released about 2 weeks before it even came out :francis:

I understand that HDR was being pushed and they should have used some foresight but you cant really be mad that you didn't research the limitations of tech you were buying before you plunged in.
Silly consumers for not reading the fine print and realizing that the $400 PSVR was going to handicap their $400 PS4 Pro. :beli:
[Queue the "But you can fix it with a $5 adapter from amazon" posts]

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
Silly consumers for not reading the fine print and realizing that the $400 PSVR was going to handicap their $400 PS4 Pro. :beli:
[Queue the "But you can fix it with a $5 adapter from amazon" posts]

post-25374-Michael-Jordan-YEAH-gif-wyUJ.gif

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Somebody link me to the PSVR Pro fix. shyt is pissing me off. I know it's somewhere in this thread, but if somebody can link me quickly that would be real helpful.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps