PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wait, should I get @Fatboi1 's thing or this?
The things posted were just less of a hassle.

388582IMG3122.jpg

196701IMG3179.jpg

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I think what you guys are really looking for is an hdmi splitter and not a coupler. I don't understand what this coupler is supposed to solve.
Nah. It's a coupler. What u gotta do is unplug the 2 hdmi from the back of the VR into the coupler so there will be a straight line into the TV. And when u wanna use the VR again just plug it back up the way it was.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is about and HDMI switch. Not the coupler which actually works. U just gotta plug and play but at least u don't get wear n tear on ur PS4 ports.
Yeah the coupler is just easier and takes like 2 secs but the main thing is it shouldn't have been an issue in the 1st place. They should've just had two outputs on the Pro at least, one to the box and one to the TV. When PSVR turns on the HDMI going to the TV would disable and the VR HDMI turns on to provide social screen display which works as intended. That way there'd be no problem because there's no HDR VR games anyway so it wouldn't even be necessary. It'd just be one and done.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Nah. It's a coupler. What u gotta do is unplug the 2 hdmi from the back of the VR into the coupler so there will be a straight line into the TV. And when u wanna use the VR again just plug it back up the way it was.
That's retarded. How is that different from just unplugging the hdmi that's already in the box and just hooking it up to the PS4?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yeah the coupler is just easier and takes like 2 secs but the main thing is it shouldn't have been an issue in the 1st place.
I'm not even tryna troll. I legit don't get how a coupler is saving you any time. Without a coupler you can still detach the hdmi-in on the PSVR box and hook that hdmi cable into the PS4 directly. Same number of steps without buying a coupler.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not even tryna troll. I legit don't get how a coupler is saving you any time. Without a coupler you can still detach the hdmi-in on the PSVR box and hook that hdmi cable into the PS4 directly. Same number of steps without buying a coupler.
The coupler takes the strain off of constantly removing/plugging in the HDMI through the PS4 port itself.

With the coupler you only need to touch the cables on the VR box itself which is most likely out in the open or close to the user where some may have the PS4 tucked away neatly in some compartment.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The things posted were just less of a hassle.

388582IMG3122.jpg

196701IMG3179.jpg
Ok I finally understand what they are doing. But the fact is that this solution does not save you any time at all. You could easily just unplug the hdmi-in on the PSVR box and put it directly into the PS4. It's the same amount of steps without paying an additional $5 for something that isn't necessary. This coupler solution doesn't solve a single thing. Youre still going behind boxes and unplugging and plugging in hdmi cables.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The coupler takes the strain off of constantly removing/plugging in the HDMI through the PS4 port itself.

With the coupler you only need to touch the cables on the VR box itself which is most likely out in the open or close to the user where some may have the PS4 tucked away neatly in some compartment.
So this solution is about being delicate with the hdmi port on the PS4? :francis:
I still say I you got an hdmi splitter you would be able to have everything plugged in and not have to unplug and plug in cables between games. With a splitter you could have the signal running to the box for VR and split the signal to go to the tv.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So this solution is about being delicate with the hdmi port on the PS4? :francis:
I still say I you got an hdmi splitter you would be able to have everything plugged in and not have to unplug and plug in cables between games. With a splitter you could have the signal running to the box for VR and split the signal to go to the tv.
A switch should work but idk.

HDMI Switch

This shyt annoying and such a dumb oversight. :francis: