PS4 controllers won't work on PS5 games

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You could use dualshock 1 on certain ps2 games, and dualshock 2 with a usb adapter on certain ps3 games. Never seen them used in real life. GameCube controller on Wii.

you can use the ps4 controller to play ps4 games on the ps5 just not ps5 games because they are designed for the new controller could you play Mario 64 for the snes pad lmao

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
nikkas worried bout saving money on controllers when the same nikkas bought 3 consoles in a generation man get all the way fukk outta here :camby: clearly y’all weren’t worried about saving when they didn’t keep their promises on what the console should/would be able to do

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
you can use the ps4 controller to play ps4 games on the ps5 just not ps5 games because they are designed for the new controller could you play Mario 64 for the snes pad lmao
if you can do the watch for rolling rocks star with half an a press anything is possible
gomki8ofymzdnvaegqq4

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
My situation is not indicative of others. I have the capacity and willingness to do so in regards to purchasing extra stuff. That's my bag, I like to do it. However, I'm not everybody. The main functionality in the controllers are not wildly different from generation to generation. We are at a point now where, I'm quite comfortable in saying, the DS4 would be enough for the majority of the games that will run on the PS5. Given that fact, the option should be there. I'm not going to say anti-consumer because if you are putting up funds for this, you likely have some discretionary funds anyways. However, all of these controllers are wireless, just like last gen, use the same baseline Blue-tooth technology, just like last gen, same stick and button layout, just like last gen, etc. If a game really decides to take advantage of the Dualsense features, have at it. Most games won't. You will still be able to call plays in Madden with the analog stick or d-pad for example. Most developers will not place this stuff in their game on a superfluous basis. There will be a point. Obviously, Sony games will be the standard-bearer but most third parties? Naw because it won't be worth the extra work.
You're not everybody. Everybody doesn't need multiple controllers either. You have played the exact same number of PS5 games as I have. As opposed to you, I'm not willing to make assumptions on what controllers could work with a system I currently don't have, for games that don't exist yet. Based on what we do know, the dual sense is different from the dual shock 4. What developers do with these differences are up to them, but I'm not going to assume they will do nothing that might require the dual senses features. If someone has has the bread to spend on a luxury item, such as a video game console, I can't be convinced that buying optional peripherals is outside of their realm of possibility, even if not at first. Worst case scenario, they have to wait a while to do so and kids have to learn the concept of sharing and take turns playing.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Y’all really in here pretending the PS5 controller is going provide in game features that would render the game useless without them? :mjlol:
The hell is wrong with you dummies? :russ:
Y'all really in here acting like the PS5 not supporting the DS4 is a big deal?:mjlol:

What's wrong with you dummies?:russ:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Y'all really in here acting like the PS5 not supporting the DS4 is a big deal?:mjlol:

What's wrong with you dummies?:russ:
Not on its own...no...but why bother at all is my point. Y’all are trying to spin this as a positive like if that controller is going to do some amazing stuff that make games unplayable without them. There’s some gold medal mental gymnastics going on in this thread.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
It's not that big of a deal. But that's some bullshyt imo. There should be an option this gen specifically. They clearly want the extra cash. Which if i'm Sony that's cool. But i'm a consumer. Those new controllers are gonna cost $70-$80 most likely. To the geniuses who keep saying the ps5 controller comes in the box with the ps5 . No shyt Sherlock:heh: . Most 3rd party devs ain't gonna use the new features of the new controller. If you ask me. The only new feature that DS5 has on DS4. That can make a DS4 controller unplayable on a PS5 game. Is that blowing gimmick. Which will only be used on 1st party games (rarely at that). The haptic feedback and shyt is not enough to block DS4 usage from PS5 games.

This ain't like other generations before (it's literally the same buttons, and motion control). DS3/Sixaxis to DS4 is kinda understandable because of the touchpad button. Which really can be remapped if we're keeping it funky.

Ya'll know damn well games like NBA 2K21, Assassins Creed etc ain't utilizing shyt.

I know couch gaming is practically dead. But, you're gonna make me pay damn near a c note. For an extra controller, to couch play with someone else. KNOWING the game doesn't take advantage of the new controllers features? And i have 2 PS4 controllers lying around? Yea that's definitely some bullshyt. Also, i'm not sharing a controller with anybody these days. Just my take on the situation. Again, not that big a deal. But i call out bullshyt when i see it. I could care less if it's Sony, Microsoft, nVidia, ND, R* etc.

Last edited:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Honestly...when I first read it, I thought it wouldn't work on PS5 period. But it just not working on PS5 games isn't that bad. At least it won't be completely useless like all my previous gen controllers were once I upgraded :patrice: