PS4 controllers won't work on PS5 games

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
My situation is not indicative of others. I have the capacity and willingness to do so in regards to purchasing extra stuff. That's my bag, I like to do it. However, I'm not everybody. The main functionality in the controllers are not wildly different from generation to generation. We are at a point now where, I'm quite comfortable in saying, the DS4 would be enough for the majority of the games that will run on the PS5. Given that fact, the option should be there.

Breh, I might be ignorant to some facts here.

But when has a previous consoles controller ever been forward compatible with the newer console. In the last ten years.

I’m not trying to be funny. I’m straight up trying to see.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

But when has a previous consoles controller ever been forward compatible with the newer console. In the last ten years.

You could use dualshock 1 on certain ps2 games, and dualshock 2 with a usb adapter on certain ps3 games. Never seen them used in real life. GameCube controller on Wii.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

This is the first time the technology to connect the controllers hasn’t changed.

The controller obviously works fine with PS5, they are just blocking it to sell new controllers.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
Because saying it works on ps5 but not on PS5 games is a slap in the face and a clear cash grab. Take your Stan glasses off for two seconds a day at least breh. You’re gonna go completely blind by November.
This is a good way to view it.

But it is pretty widely known the DualShock 4 battery life is flawed and if it can’t be improved then it needs to be phased out for the next generation.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because saying it works on ps5 but not on PS5 games is a slap in the face and a clear cash grab. Take your Stan glasses off for two seconds a day at least breh. You’re gonna go completely blind by November.

It's not a slap in the face it's a calculated move by sony to ensure that developers are solely considering the unique functions or the PS5 controller when developing games. Thats the only way to make sure developers are using the PS5 technology to it's full extent. They want to ensure that PS5 games are being developed with purely the PS5 controller in mind. Anything else is a distraction and might hold back developers trying to accommodate for inferior technology. Yea it means consumers gonna spend more but that's the cost associated with technological progress. They are trying to sell a product, not accommodate the budgets of fans.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It's not a slap in the face it's a calculated move by sony to ensure that developers are solely considering the unique functions or the PS5 controller when developing games. Thats the only way to make sure developers are using the PS5 technology to it's full extent. They want to ensure that PS5 games are being developed with purely the PS5 controller in mind. Anything else is a distraction and might hold back developers trying to accommodate for inferior technology. Yea it means consumers gonna spend more but that's the cost associated with technological progress. They are trying to sell a product, not accommodate the budgets of fans.
A rumble function is not going to make or break a single game breh.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

Less than 5% of games used the Sixaxis features on the PS3 and that usage was heavily tilted towards the beginning life of the console. I anticipate this being more on the PS5 but as @Kamikaze Revy has stated, there won't be enough to make or break anything.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
idk breh, I mean I can't use my Wiimote on the Switch. :yeshrug:

ya it’s very cool that MS is allowing for backwards compatibility with controllers/accessories but idk why dudes are acting brand new now lol

even after MS’s announcement I still don’t think anyone expected sony to follow suit by allowing the DS4 to be compatible with the PS5...this is really non-news and I’m surprised it even needed to be stated lol

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From everything I've read from industry people testing the technology, it seems if a developer implements the technology properly a consumer wont even want to touch a DS4 to play whatever PS5 game.

Last edited:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
ya it’s very cool that MS is allowing for backwards compatibility with controllers/accessories but idk why dudes are acting brand new now lol

Yeah.

The immersive deal is one of my biggest curiosities for the PS5. If the HD rumble is better than the joycons along with 3D audio. That shyt will feel amazing.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But it is pretty widely known the DualShock 4 battery life is flawed and if it can’t be improved then it needs to be phased out for the next generation.

the DS4 left a lot to be desired imo...I’m absolutely ready for the upgrade and hope the dualsense delivers

on the flip side...the xbox one controller is arguably the best console controller ever and they still managed to improve upon it with the elite series so ya I don’t see any incentive for them to really switch shyt up too much cuz they nailed it perfectly