PS4 became everything you criticized about XB1...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sony's IPTV move with PSVue was understated early on.

MS was big on pushing the Xbox 1 as more than a gaming console when they first announced it. They went hard promoting the connectivity and integration users could have with their cable/ISPs to run TV on the Xbox using the UI and staying right in the game. The voice commands with Kinect etc... in a lot of ways, they were ahead of the game, because fast forward to right now, look at all the voice assistants we have now in our homes?

Sony's goal was to have an entertainment hub as well, but they had the benefit of looking how the public perceived MS's launch and feedback, and just highlighted games enough to win the general gaming population over. MS figured out how to make everybody think the worst about "always online" gaming, when everything is basically always online.

They lost this generation before it even started just off of bad PR alone
:francis:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Essentially... Sony knew they wanted PSVue to be a success moving forward, imagine if they would have came out at E3 before PS4 was announced and spent a considerable amount of time promoting their PSVue service and angling it as a key factor for consumers to purchase the console?

That's basically the approach MS had with their Xbox. They lost focus on the core user and it showed... even though they knew that gaming would be why people got an Xbox, they just didn't understand that showing the "extras" before showing what people wanted on the game's front would cost them as much as it did.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Took a few years but Sony proving the "Xbots" right all along.

Doesn't matter now though.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Sony Interactive Entertainment patents digital trade-ins and gifting.

If true, they'd be getting applauded for the same thing XB1 was getting criticized for :wow:
it's not true at all

Correction: this appears to be for Amiibo type objects that can be scanned and sold/traded digitally, not for games. I sincerely apologize for the confusion. This is still interesting however, because Sony doesn’t have Amiibo like accessories. Maybe this is hinting towards something special in the future.

BUT... the problem was never gifting and sharing games.. The problem was when they made the dumbass announcement "NO MORE USED GAMES OR BORROWING FROM FRIENDS"

That eliminated the entire used game industry as a way to buy cheap games and/or sell old games... Couldn't ask a friend to hold something for a weekend.. Couldn't rent a game... Couldn't even be giving a free game, if the person played it....

Imagine Ford coming out with a car that won't allow you to sell it or buy it used... That was dumb from jump

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
it's not true at all

Correction: this appears to be for Amiibo type objects that can be scanned and sold/traded digitally, not for games. I sincerely apologize for the confusion. This is still interesting however, because Sony doesn’t have Amiibo like accessories. Maybe this is hinting towards something special in the future.

BUT... the problem was never gifting and sharing games.. The problem was when they made the dumbass announcement "NO MORE USED GAMES OR BORROWING FROM FRIENDS"

That eliminated the entire used game industry as a way to buy cheap games and/or sell old games... Couldn't ask a friend to hold something for a weekend.. Couldn't rent a game... Couldn't even be giving a free game, if the person played it....

Imagine Ford coming out with a car that won't allow you to sell it or buy it used... That was dumb from jump
They never made that announcement.

They always said there would be a way to trade games in to the store or share with friends.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
They never made that announcement.

They always said there would be a way to trade games in to the store or share with friends.
You lying like shyt bro... That was the whole uproar...

Yea you could trade or sell... ONCE!!! fukk outta here... I sell games soon as I beat them.. That's IF I buy them cause I usually just rent off Gamefly. I know good and well I was watching live when they spoke that bullshyt.. And I knew 360 was the last xbox I would buy, soon as they said it...

And thanks for reminding me... Cause now I'm reading again.. It wasn't even going to be a promised thing.. They were going to "LEAVE IT UP TO EACH DEVELOPER TO ALLOW OR NOT ALLOW" and also "ONLY AT PARTICIPATING RETAILERS" and "THIRD PARTIES MAY SET UP TRANSACTION FEES FOR DOING SO"

nikka what :mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

Who didn't know that was gonna crash and burn with gamers

Microsoft also spelled out its policies on game lending, trade-ins and rentals. "In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends."

“We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.”

You can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

Microsoft says "your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you." The company added that “Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.”

It's worth noting that Microsoft allows you to gift games to friends but they can't borrow them. Microsoft added that "loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners."

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yea you could trade or sell... ONCE!!! fukk outta here... I sell games soon as I beat them.. That's IF I buy them cause I usually just rent off Gamefly. I know good and well I was watching live when they spoke that bullshyt.. And I knew 360 was the last xbox I would buy, soon as they said it...

And thanks for reminding me... Cause now I'm reading again.. It wasn't even going to be a promised thing.. They were going to "LEAVE IT UP TO EACH DEVELOPER TO ALLOW OR NOT ALLOW" and also "ONLY AT PARTICIPATING RETAILERS" and "THIRD PARTIES MAY SET UP TRANSACTION FEES FOR DOING SO"

Microsoft also spelled out its policies on game lending, trade-ins and rentals. "In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends."

“We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.”

You can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

Microsoft says "your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you." The company added that “Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.”

It's worth noting that Microsoft allows you to gift games to friends but they can't borrow them. Microsoft added that "loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners."
3327.jpg

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

So you saying you would have been able to trade/borrow games right???:ohhh:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
So you saying you would have been able to trade/borrow games right???:ohhh:
no and they didn't either

bunch of ifs ands and maybes... Wasn't a concrete word in there except that you won't be doing none of it on launch day... Sony said... Do what the fukk you want like it's always been... Ain't shyt changed, on any platform, even though someone tried to up the thread with an article that was also redacted

There was a reason they scrapped that idea. And it wasn't Sony fans.. They did it to themselves

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's funny that Microsoft basically folded on everything they were criticized for. As Sony became more and more dominate they became more and more arrogant.

You got Xbox exclusives coming to the Nintendo Switch and Xbox and Switch cross platform multiplayer and Sony said no then lied about it and blamed the developers on why PlayStation games can't be played with Xbox and Switch gamers.

Sony is the Apple of the gaming space. Their objective it to create a walled garden for gamers.