PS4 became everything you criticized about XB1...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s probably a more appropriate thread for this but is anyone in Sony customer service clocked in right now able to help me?
@Rekkapryde @Fatboi1 @Cladyclad @Grand Conde

Can anyone explain to me why the hell Final Fantasy 7, 9, X, X2, and 12 can be downloaded and played on XBOX ONE but PS4 cannot do backwards compatibility for ps1 and ps2?

What in the blue blazes is Sony smoking allowing this to fly with no response at all? You telling me they have no way at all of letting you pop in the disc as verification of ownership and letting you download the title digitally to the PS4? Yo @winb83 was right. Sony is 100% Apple. They say screw everyone else, our consumers will play in our limited ecosystem and they will not only love it, but they will pay a premium for it and defend it against all common sense.

@MeachTheMonster @PS4 @DPresidential
Have a seat with popcorn somewhere close.
Lol uhhh FF7, IX, X and X2 are ports on both PS4 and Xbox 1. What does BC have to do with a ported game?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Lol uhhh FF7, IX, X and X2 are ports on both PS4 and Xbox 1. What does BC have to do with a ported game?
I already explained what bc has to do with it.
Why can’t we pop the disc in for verification of ownership and download the digital copy for free? What kind of foolishness is Sony still on with this?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
:stopitslime:Sure you don’t.
:mjlol:Sony stans
I rather spend 40$ on a ratchet remake than play the same exact PS3 game I have for free

I rather spend 25$ on a beyond 2 souls for the better graphics and being able to play chronological

I wouldn’t want watch vhs quality movies on my 4K tv

Sorry buddy

Take that shyt up the block

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I rather spend 40$ on a ratchet remake than play the same exact PS3 game I have for free

I rather spend 25$ on a beyond 2 souls for the better graphics and being able to play chronological

Sorry buddy

Pleeeeeeeeease Meeeeeeeeeeeee

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Sorry buddy

Except when an old game comes to Xbox backwards compatibility the game is enhanced already. So you paying for something that Xbox already does for free. But since it’s sony paying more makes perfect sense to you.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Except when an old game comes to Xbox backwards compatibility the game is enhanced already. So you paying for something that Xbox already does for free. But since it’s sony paying more makes perfect sense to you.
nikka I need more than a resolution bump. I need a feature or something. The only remaster I regret buying God of War 3 even though I paid 10$ for it. Other than that the remastered games I copped had significant improvements.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
nikka I need more than a resolution bump. I need a feature or something. The only remaster I regret buying God of War 3 even though I paid 10$ for it. Other than that the remastered games I copped had significant improvements.
And yet none of those remastered games are in 4k, x enhanced games get more than res boost :ufdup: non x enhanced games get that treatment, my OG Xb1 does that :umad:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I already explained what bc has to do with it.
Why can’t we pop the disc in for verification of ownership and download the digital copy for free? What kind of foolishness is Sony still on with this?
Sir I will transfer you to my manager.

No but seriously, FF7, 9, X and X2 were announced to be coming to Xb1X and Switch a while ago. FFVII and IX were on PS4 since 2017 I think and X/X2 even older.

This didn't just "drop on Xbox out of nowhere!" while PS4 had nothing.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Sir I will transfer you to my manager.

No but seriously, FF7, 9, X and X2 were announced to be coming to Xb1X and Switch a while ago. FFVII and IX were on PS4 since 2017 I think and X/X2 even older.

This didn't just "drop on Xbox out of nowhere!" while PS4 had nothing.
:dwillhuh: OK...........so.....? It still irks me that Sony (and their sorry stans) will continue to perpetuate the lie that backwards compatibility would be technologically impossible on the PS4 while their #1 competitor just got access to some of their classic exclusives. I want whatever magic (I don't care what the technical explanation is) was worked to bring FF 7, 9 and X to XBOX to be implemented into the PS4 in a way that would allow me to pop my original discs in and play the downloaded version for free.
Right now, MS is positioning the XBOX brand in such a way that every game you buy today will be playable on their platforms forever and you would only have to pay once.
Add to that, the games receive significant boosts in resolution and performance making the traditional resale of a port completely unnecessary.
It's not a secret that I rock for Sony any time of the day like it's nothing. But Sony is screwing up something major right now ignoring the importance of backwards compatibility and cross platform gaming. So what if XBOX lost this gen and "has no games" and "no one cares about game pass". I'm looking at the future of gaming and how Sony is positioning itself vs Microsoft.

Scruffy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I don't even own an Xbox but Microsoft's approach to BC just highlights the different strengths the two companies have.

With Microsoft, they are just flexing their programming and development prowess. To think that OG Xbox & 360 games will probably work on their next console is pretty impressive. You can tell this isn't an easy task but because they have brilliant programmers working there they can pull upon their decades of experience.

Sony probably cannot make a proper PS3 emulator, otherwise we would have seen one by now.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I don't even own an Xbox but Microsoft's approach to BC just highlights the difference in philosophy between the two companies.

Microsoft is just flexing it's programming and development prowess when they release each BC update. To think that OG Xbox & 360 games will probably work on their next console is pretty impressive

Sony probably cannot make a proper PS3 emulator, otherwise we would have seen one by now.
The sony stans on here will blindly agree with you on this one and gladly die on this hill.
There's a SLIGHT chance you MIGHT be right...but those of us that have the capability of independent thought point to Sony's acquisition of Gaikai as the reason the PS4 is not backwards compatible.
Sony purchased Gaikai for $380 million. This acquisition is the backbone to their PSNOW streaming service which offers games from the previous console generations.
Sony stans will tell you that backwards compatibility is impossible on the PS4 (with emphasis on the PS3) but their argument falls apart when we ask how Gaikai works.
Are there millions of PS3's, PS2's, and PS1's hooked up to servers and streaming 24/7? Because how else would they be able to stream these games if they could not be run on a PS4?
Clearly Sony made these games executable on a computer, why didn't they invest that time/money into making them work on a PS4?
The answer is simple, Sony's angle is to charge gamers for a streaming service. A backwards compatible console would completely go against that strategy and the large investment they made in buying Gaikai. PSNOW is not JUST about backwards compatibility. It's largely about being able to play Sony games anywhere, but that doesn't change the fact that the indirect casualty of this strategy is the exclusion of backwards compatibility.
The stans will retort this with technical jargon even they don't understand.
The better stans will just respond with :umad: and concede their defeat.