PS4 became everything you criticized about XB1...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: OK...........so.....? It still irks me that Sony (and their sorry stans) will continue to perpetuate the lie that backwards compatibility would be technologically impossible on the PS4 while their #1 competitor just got access to some of their classic exclusives.

:heh: For the 300th time, BC on PS4 isn't impossible because.. there already is BC games on PS4. What we specifically talk about is Playstation THREE BC being improbable. You know that because I've repeated it more times than the chorus in We Major by Kanye West.

I want whatever magic (I don't care what the technical explanation is) was worked to bring FF 7, 9 and X to XBOX to be implemented into the PS4 in a way that would allow me to pop my original discs in and play the downloaded version for free.
You conflate two different things together as if their mutually exclusive.

Firstly, FFVII, 9 and X have been out on PS4 way before they came to Xbox One so using them as an example right now is moot. Secondly, the versions that have been ported to Xbox One, Switch and PS4 are not the original Playstation 1 versions. These are the PC remasters that came to Steam/mobile years ago. So no, no magic was done to play FFVII, IX and X/X2 on Xbox because to say "magic" was done is to also concede that magic was done to get the PC version ported to PS4 which sounds stupid.

Reference:
https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-ix-switch-is-the-same-version-as-pc-and-m-1832647269
Final Fantasy 9 remaster now on Switch and Xbox One • Eurogamer.net
FFVII Remaster said:
After being announced at PlayStation Experience 2014, the PC version was released for PlayStation 4 on December 5, 2015. DotEmu developed the PS4 version.[107][108][109][110]

Right now, MS is positioning the XBOX brand in such a way that every game you buy today will be playable on their platforms forever and you would only have to pay once.
Add to that, the games receive significant boosts in resolution and performance making the traditional resale of a port completely unnecessary.
Ok?

It's not a secret that I rock for Sony any time of the day like it's nothing. But Sony is screwing up something major right now ignoring the importance of backwards compatibility and cross platform gaming.
How are they screwing up? They just sold 91.6 million PS4 units LTD! :dead: Look i get it. We all want our PS4's to make coffee and provide up to date weather reports but right now that's not what it does. Who's to say Sony isn't looking into BC for PS5? When news and rumors pop up about this you laugh but when it's quiet you say they're messing up. How?

So what if XBOX lost this gen and "has no games" and "no one cares about game pass". I'm looking at the future of gaming and how Sony is positioning itself vs Microsoft.
Sony will be fine. :obama: There's no indication whatsoever that points to them being complacent in regards to this stuff as there's been plenty of smoke so far.
PS5 Backwards Compatibility Suggested by Sony Patent

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:heh: For the 300th time, BC on PS4 isn't impossible because.. there already is BC games on PS4. What we specifically talk about is Playstation THREE BC being improbable. You know that because I've repeated it more times than the chorus in We Major by Kanye West.

You conflate two different things together as if their mutually exclusive.

Firstly, FFVII, 9 and X have been out on PS4 way before they came to Xbox One so using them as an example right now is moot. Secondly, the versions that have been ported to Xbox One, Switch and PS4 are not the original Playstation 1 versions. These are the PC remasters that came to Steam/mobile years ago. So no, no magic was done to play FFVII, IX and X/X2 on Xbox because to say "magic" was done is to also concede that magic was done to get the PC version ported to PS4 which sounds stupid.

Reference:
https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-ix-switch-is-the-same-version-as-pc-and-m-1832647269
Final Fantasy 9 remaster now on Switch and Xbox One • Eurogamer.net

Ok?

How are they screwing up? They just sold 91.6 million PS4 units LTD! :dead: Look i get it. We all want our PS4's to make coffee and provide up to date weather reports but right now that's not what it does. Who's to say Sony isn't looking into BC for PS5? When news and rumors pop up about this you laugh but when it's quiet you say they're messing up. How?

Sony will be fine. :obama: There's no indication whatsoever that points to them being complacent in regards to this stuff as there's been plenty of smoke so far.
PS5 Backwards Compatibility Suggested by Sony Patent
You're happy with whatever Sony throws at you. Cool. :thumbsup:
I want my consoles to improve on the previous generation, not just strip away major features.
If PS5 turns out to be backwards compatible you and the rest of sony customer service will circle jerk till your entire body becomes a dry husk and you know it :scust:
Stop getting mad because I want the features I've been accustomed to for over 15 years while the competition is doing it better right in front of you for free.

Scruffy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Whether it is technically impossible or not is irrelevant. Sony is paying the consequences of designing a unique architecture for the PS3 with their own custom CPU. Whereas MS going with a PPC CPU for the 360 was a blessing in disguise because there are tons of documentation of people porting PPC to X86.

It's funny, consumers can just assume the next Xbox will be fully backwards compatible with all their past systems, given Microsoft's current track record.

But with Sony we can only hope they do the same.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're happy with whatever Sony throws at you. Cool. :thumbsup:
No. Didn't say that. I'm just realistic.

I want my consoles to improve on the previous generation, not just strip away major features.
Agreed. I never stated the opposite.
If PS5 turns out to be backwards compatible you and the rest of sony customer service will circle jerk till your entire body becomes a dry husk and you know it :scust:
No, I'll just go "cool, that'll be another bullet point to my stan talking points!" :pachaha:

Seriously, the notion that the Playstation brand is "suffering" because of some internet talking points is hilarious. Years ago we kept hearing about how PS4 won't sell X amount of units because reasons and each time that milestone was hit more excuses were thrown out. It shows that BC whilst still important to fans wasn't going to be the straw that breaks the camels back to an already established product. To PS5 maybe it'll be important in the first year or so but come on we're in year SIX of PS4's lifespan still bringing up BC as if it'll move the needle. It's just a feel good bullet point that's moot right now.

Stop getting mad because I want the features I've been accustomed to for over 15 years while the competition is doing it better right in front of you for free.
Aww come on why'd you go there, the "you're mad" angle. No one is "mad" at anyone wanting more. I just simply explained something you asked. You asked what magic was done to bring FFVII, IX and X/X2 to Xbox and I stated it wasn't magic it was a simple port of the PC version, the same port that has already released on PS4 years prior. It's literally dumb to assert so. The implication here is that the Xbox magically ran PS1 and PS2 games for this to exist and I proved otherwise.

Y'all can't keep asking questions and then throw the :umad: out when someone answers it truthfully. If that's the case ya'll should preface every question with a "don't answer my question just assume stannery breh".

:umad:

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One feature that I wish the ps4 had that the Xbox One has is the ability to download
games after inserting the disc.
So if I want to put ANOTHER game in while "installing" one, I can do so.
Or better yet I can cue up several games to be installed then return to the
disc based game I actually want to play.

I've got the disc read error for a game I recently purchased for my
Ps4 Pro and I'm annoyed that I can't just circumvent that issue by downloading
it from the store and using my disc as the key.

There's that and Cloud Saves are a given on Xbox One.
I Don't have to pay extra money for a feature Microsoft just offers as apart
of the Xbox One.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...and XB1 became the PS4 you always wanted :lolbron::umad:

Let's set the mood right for this OP.
Esco, let's go

Backwards Compatibility
PS4: requires you to pay a fee for a streaming service or buy the same game all over again.
XB1: if you owned the game on disc or digitally, you can play it on your XB1. No additional charges.

Peripherals

PS4: still hasn't learned from their past abandoned projects. They release PSVR and almost immediately turned their backs on it despite the strong potential it has
XB1: has discontinued Kinect and has decided to focus on bringing more games to their platform

Graphics
PS4: remember when you guys were counting the individual frames of difference between XB1 and PS4? Every version on PS4 was the definitive version in your eyes.
XB1: now XB1X is coming through to obliterate the buildings graphically and all of a sudden graphics don't matter anymore :whistle:

Games
PS4 + XB1: This is always going to boil down to preference. What can't be debated is the fact that the biggest games are multiplat.

Blu Rays
PS4: For the launch of the PS3, the blu ray player was glorified as the deciding factor in the format wars. Sony stans threw parades about how incredible the saints at Sony were for including this absolutely necessary piece of hardware in their console. Now, even though Sony has a monopoly on Blu Ray, they chose to spit in Sony Stans' faces by not including a 4K player in ANY of their PS4s, INCLUDING the PS4 PRO.
XB1: Listening to the backlash they received when trying to force the digital only issue at launch, MS decided to include a 4K blu ray player in their S model and their X model.

Cross Platform Play
PS4: Sony has been dragging their feet and effectively blocking this from happening
XB1: MS has openly embraced the idea and has extended a hand multiple times to allow cross platform play.

2 years later the point still stands
I can't objectively reccomend getting a PS4 over an XB1 right now

*Cliff Notes:

Sony stans praised PS4 for having better graphics
Sony stans praised PS4 for having better performance
Sony stans praised Sony for have Backwards Compatibility on PS2 and PS3.
Sony stans praised Sony for have a Blu Ray drive in PS3. They even used it as a justification for the $600 launch price

NONE. LITERALLY NONE of these features matter to Sony stans anymore, and they all claim it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fact that Sony decided to strip all of these features from their FLAGSHIP console or has simply fallen behind.

Here's a couple gifs to save the furious stans some time:

...and XB1 became the PS4 you always wanted :lolbron::umad:

Let's set the mood right for this OP.
Esco, let's go

Backwards Compatibility
PS4: requires you to pay a fee for a streaming service or buy the same game all over again.
XB1: if you owned the game on disc or digitally, you can play it on your XB1. No additional charges.

Peripherals

PS4: still hasn't learned from their past abandoned projects. They release PSVR and almost immediately turned their backs on it despite the strong potential it has
XB1: has discontinued Kinect and has decided to focus on bringing more games to their platform

Graphics
PS4: remember when you guys were counting the individual frames of difference between XB1 and PS4? Every version on PS4 was the definitive version in your eyes.
XB1: now XB1X is coming through to obliterate the buildings graphically and all of a sudden graphics don't matter anymore :whistle:

Games
PS4 + XB1: This is always going to boil down to preference. What can't be debated is the fact that the biggest games are multiplat.

Blu Rays
PS4: For the launch of the PS3, the blu ray player was glorified as the deciding factor in the format wars. Sony stans threw parades about how incredible the saints at Sony were for including this absolutely necessary piece of hardware in their console. Now, even though Sony has a monopoly on Blu Ray, they chose to spit in Sony Stans' faces by not including a 4K player in ANY of their PS4s, INCLUDING the PS4 PRO.
XB1: Listening to the backlash they received when trying to force the digital only issue at launch, MS decided to include a 4K blu ray player in their S model and their X model.

Cross Platform Play
PS4: Sony has been dragging their feet and effectively blocking this from happening
XB1: MS has openly embraced the idea and has extended a hand multiple times to allow cross platform play.

2 years later the point still stands
I can't objectively reccomend getting a PS4 over an XB1 right now

*Cliff Notes:

Sony stans praised PS4 for having better graphics
Sony stans praised PS4 for having better performance
Sony stans praised Sony for have Backwards Compatibility on PS2 and PS3.
Sony stans praised Sony for have a Blu Ray drive in PS3. They even used it as a justification for the $600 launch price

NONE. LITERALLY NONE of these features matter to Sony stans anymore, and they all claim it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fact that Sony decided to strip all of these features from their FLAGSHIP console or has simply fallen behind.

Here's a couple gifs to save the furious stans some time:

Amazing that this thread is still relevant today :wow:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Almost 5 years later and I could say just about the same thing again with a straight face and not a lie would be told...
and catch the same furious reactions:mjlol:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Almost 5 years later and I could say just about the same thing again with a straight face and not a lie would be told...
and catch the same furious reactions:mjlol:

I just read page one:russ:

Prolific posting if I must say so myself. Even had the multiple gifs in the spoiler locked and loaded along with the Nas intro music :wow: