Prove U From Da Dmv (DMV NÌGGAS KNO WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT)

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Howard County is part of the Baltimore Metropolitan area. It's not part of the DMV.

but parts of howard county are more culturally related to PG Jessup, guilford, savage north laurel are culturally similar to PG/moco

columbia is more baltimore for sure.

depends.

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
but parts of howard county are more culturally related to PG Jessup, guilford, savage north laurel are culturally similar to PG/moco

columbia is more baltimore for sure.

depends.

Extreme south Howard county maybe, but Jessup definitely has strong Baltimore culture. It's like Glen Burnie with a big ass truck stop.

DMVLeGenD

Banned
Daps
Yeah I was a freshman in 06 so we noticed it around the same time

shyt is jii weird

I started seeing mad heads with Hugo Boss polos a pair of foams on & a Kufi

Or this joint w a fitted cap on

0eae6e5dcfba2c6dd74a471d1666be29.jpg

Q Da Fool bald head ass always got a kufi on

I stamp most of them nikkas was just doing that shyt for show. I seen nikkas in high school transform from being the squarest dudes to converted wannabe Muslim street nikkas in like a month. Had nikkas rocking kufis to school that you never seen wear it before like a badge of honor lol.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
I stamp most of them nikkas was just doing that shyt for show. I seen nikkas in high school transform from being the squarest dudes to converted wannabe Muslim street nikkas in like a month. Had nikkas rocking kufis to school that you never seen wear it before like a badge of honor lol.
:francis: MY Dumb ass cousin is a dread head rasta/muslim confused as nikka lls, posting pics during ramadan praying in the streets of DC, bus stop, random places for IG likes

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
i'm brand new to the urrea but i think alot of DC natives exaggerate the amount of whites in DC. yall make it seem like white folks are the majority everywhere including SE.

there's black people in damn near everywhere in DC

ben anderson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
MD
Lmao you already hip moe. I'm like nikka you was just eating a glizzy on Monday, Wednesday talking about allah smh

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm brand new to the urrea but i think alot of DC natives exaggerate the amount of whites in DC. yall make it seem like white folks are the majority everywhere including SE.

there's black people in damn near everywhere in DC

You don't know, I come from an era where White folks didn't live East of 14th on the downtown side and 16th on the Uptown side.

When Adam's Morgan was Black, when Columbia Heights was full of Dominicans.

All of my teen years DC was over 85% Black. There never used to a NE area other than Catholic University were there was a sizable White population. Now they all over the upper part of H.

Breh there was a time when U st was almost all Black. And that was in the 2000's.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For me KDY, Brightwood, Riggs Parks will always be my favorite areas in DC. Even in the 90s, them spots was always chill, not too much drama.

It was like living in the burbs without living in the burbs.

We could go outside, and not worry bout the Bullshiit.

Just nice Black residential areas with some crack selling going on:wow:

I miss walking from Fort Totten to Jefferson st:mjcry:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Fav parts of DC:

Adams Morgan
U Street
Anacostia
Fort DuPont
Shaw
LeDroit Park
Columbia Heights
Brookland
Gallery Place
Petworth
Park View
Brightwood
H Street

And also some of them neighborhoods near Southern Ave with the single fam houses, semi-detached rowhomes, and mansions, my girlfriend lives around there and Marion Berry and his son used to live that part. I like that part of the Soufside, it’s mad chill and it’s still mostly Black asf :wow:

Fav parts of PG:

Bowie
Upper Marlboro
Walker Mill
Capitol Heights (nostalgic reasons)
Largo
Fort Washington
National Harbor
Greenbelt
New Carrollton
Suitland (nostalgic reasons)
Forestville (nostalgic reasons)
Clinton
Hyattsville
Woodmore
District Heights (nostalgic reasons)

Fav parts of MoCo:

Silver Spring
Takoma Park
Wheaton

Fav parts of NoVa:

Alexandria
Pentagon City
Ballston
Springfield
Tyson’s Corner
Annandale
Clarendon

I usually don’t go out VA unless I wanna get something from Sacred Circle or Laka Tana in Old Town Alexandria, hit up the Dave & Busters at Springfield Mall with my crew, use the airports, or make the occasional shopping venture to Pentagon City Mall for stuff I can’t get in PG or Waldorf or if I don’t feel like going to Annapolis.

I fukks with the Asian food out VA tho. I’m one of them foodie types, so I stay being on the prowl for some good shyt wherever I go.

The Korean, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Afghani, and Japanese food in VA are :ohlawd: A goodie breh be eating good :wow:

DC and PG got the best carryouts, seafood spots, and soul food joints.

MoCo rivals DC with that bomb ass African, Caribbean, and Central American food.

The best Ethiopian food spot I’ve been to was Zenebach Injera, it along with a few other Ethiopian businesses owned by the same family next to Howard Theater on T Street was always mad bustling during the warmer seasons....It was nothing but great food, Ethiopians and everyone else chillin inside the joint or at the tables and benches outside, chill vibes, and a welcoming atmosphere. Place used to be my spot forreal moe. That restaurant and the businesses the family are no longer there because of high commercial rent :mjcry:

They’ve since been demolished and it’s gonna be the usual new apartments in their place. The owner said that she plans on reopening Zenebach Injera somewhere else in DC but she don’t know when since it’ll most likely be a long process knowing how commercial real estate can be in gentrification-era DC.

Since then, I’ve been searching for a new Ethiopian joint in the City to be my new go-to spot to experience the food and culture. To my DMV brehs and brehettes, especially the ones who be in Uptown a lot, do y’all have any suggestions?

Last edited:

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
With some exceptions, you know you’re prolly in a hood in PG if the area has ‘ville’, ‘land’, ‘heights’, ‘hills/hill’, ‘over’, or ‘park’ in its name :russ:

cdc

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
14th and Kennedy to Macombos
For me KDY, Brightwood, Riggs Parks will always be my favorite areas in DC. Even in the 90s, them spots was always chill, not too much drama.

It was like living in the burbs without living in the burbs.

We could go outside, and not worry bout the Bullshiit.

Just nice Black residential areas with some crack selling going on:wow:

I miss walking from Fort Totten to Jefferson st:mjcry:

I know what you were doing on Jefferson. Same shyt as me. 14th and Kennedy. Probably seen you in Macombos.

Edit: Or Jackie Lees

Last edited:

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Don't forget "creek" lol

Lol good looks. Speaking of which, S/O to Forest Creek. Me, my mom, and grandmoms (RIP) used to bounce back living there for a while in the mid-late ‘90s in my early childhood days.

One of my old barbers (RIP, his name was Sean) used to own a barbershop out that way in the shopping center with the McDonalds off of Pennsylvania Ave and the old food mart (now a 7-11) behind it in the cut where FC nikkas stay on their hustling shyt to this day.