Prove U From Da Dmv (DMV NÌGGAS KNO WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fam you might be the GOAT outta towner :heh:

I'm like the opposite of Pac, instead of being from the East Coast and soaking game in the Bay, I'm from the Bay but copped game in the District. :lawd: I remember visiting home in 2010 and wearing a pair of copper Foams riding public transit out in SF. I was waiting on a bus in the Fillmoe when this bruh wearing J's peeped game and said "Yooo... you got the old school Penny's on :obama: I remember when they came out they were blue though". Bruh really hadn't seen a pair of Foams since 1997. :pachaha:I was like "erybody got em where I'm at in Maryland". :win: Next thing you know I see all these Bay rappers wearing all the crazy color Foams in the years to come.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I'm like the opposite of Pac, instead of being from the East Coast and soaking game in the Bay, I'm from the Bay but copped game in the District. :lawd: I remember visiting home in 2010 and wearing a pair of copper Foams riding public transit out in SF. I was waiting on a bus in the Fillmoe when this bruh wearing J's peeped game and said "Yooo... you got the old school Penny's on :obama: I remember when they came out they were blue though". Bruh really hadn't seen a pair of Foams since 1997. :pachaha:I was like "erybody got em where I'm at in Maryland". :win: Next thing you know I see all these Bay rappers wearing all the crazy color Foams in the years to come.
I told a guy from New York his foamadomes were paying homage to the area and he didn’t even know it and he cussed me out. Good to see someone give credit where it’s due :salute:

I’ve always thought the bay was kinda the west equivalent to us anyway, if there is one

Independent, obscure, distinct and a lot more expressive and audacious in its style than neighboring regions, own style of music not understood by those not from the area

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I told a guy from New York his foamadomes were paying homage to the area and he didn’t even know it and he cussed me out. Good to see someone give credit where it’s due :salute:

I’ve always thought the bay was kinda the west equivalent to us anyway, if there is one

Independent, obscure, distinct and a lot more expressive and audacious in its style than neighboring regions, own style of music not understood by those not from the area

Good comparison. Just like how Baltimore is kinda like Sacramento in the fact that Baltimore doesn't know if it wants to be like NY, Philly or Down South and DC doesn't always respect that just like Sac doesn't know if it wants to be L.A. or the Bay and the Bay don't always respect that. :yeshrug:

DC kept Foams alive. They wore Foams when they first came out heavy in the Bay. But the DMV kept Foams alive. Even in other regions, the Foam craze that Wale helped spark nationally has already come and gone. Every region keeps something alive that gets played out elsewhere. In NYC, Chicago and Detroit, they keep Pelle Pelle leathers alive even though everywhere else that some 1992 Cross Colors type shyt :mjlol:. The DMV keeps Helly Hansen alive even though everywhere else that's some 1996 one pants leg rolled up on baggy ass sweats ski goggles on your head when it's 60 degrees outside shyt. :russ:

More DC/DMV shyt:

- Wearing ski gear (i.e. Helly Hansen, Spyder, North Face) including ski suits as soon as the temp drops below 65 degrees

- Everybody from MoCo saying they're "from DC" :mjlol: But getting quickly exposed as suburban cornballs through their whitebreadness regardless of race

- You could easily make a living as a sneaker reseller in the DMV :ehh: You can open up a shop full of slightly worn kicks and make hella bread daily

- Every other breh is the embodiment of Tupac with a degree :pacspit:

- Knowing how much the mainstream has stolen game from Go-Go music over the years without shouting out DC on a major level. :martin: From Jay-Z "Do It Again" jacking the Rare Essence "Overnight Scenario" to KRS-One sampling Trouble Funk "Let's Get Small" on "Criminal Minded". :skip:

- DC so comparably physically clean it makes it seem like Baltimore and Philly are bombed out third world countries recovering from nuclear holocaust :what:

- Seeing gentrification transform the District every year. I remember when they had to call the National Guard in to clean up Trinidad back in like 09', now it's cacs living there :merchant:. Cacs living in new million dollar condos down the streets from Potomac Gardens :beli:. Big ass Walmart down the street from Wale childhood home on Peabody :leostare:. I remember when you would hard pressed to see a cac anywhere near Howard University in the early 2000's :what:.

- Telling bytches in DC I live in Anne Arundel, Howard or Baltimore County and they be like "that's far" :rudy: but I tell em I live in Laurel and they say "ok" :mjgrin:even though it's only a 5 to 15 minute difference :usure: