proof hip hop is dead now

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Hip Hop ain't even about the music anymore, it's about stupid podcasts reliving past glory and gossiping bullshyt. Where's the new classics? Nas shown everyone how it's supposed to be done. it died back in the early to mid 2000's ringtone era with Laffy Taffy and all that other garbage the labels were pushing. The one good thing is you can now pick and choose what you want to listen to. Don't need to listen to the trash the majors push,

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
H.I.P.H.O.P supposedly stands for Higher Infinite Power Healing Our People.......that's so embarrassingly laughable :mjlol:

Hip-hop/rap music has now been reduced to spiritual and mental poison.

Hiphop is now an artform being used to pipeline as many black folk to the prison system as possible:

Real hiphop is dead and if your counterargument is "bu bu but it's thriving in the underground"....you've proved our point. Once upon a time real hip-hop and positive/conscious hip-hop could be heard in the mainstream.

We as a people need hiphop up here with us receiving sunshine....not deep underground near the earths core with the worms. It can't "HEAL OUR PEOPLE" if it's buried underground.

I personally wouldn't shed a single tear if it died overnight....in fact I would throw a party.

It's killing black people spiritually and mentally.

It's pure poison now.

Historically the best hip hop always was underground. Yea there was a period where you had your Biggies, Nas’, and PAC’s were getting a lot of radio play outside of late nite mix shows but that wasn’t always the case. Radio wasn’t playing NWA, EPMD, Rakim, PE etc like that. LL of all people was getting dissed at one point for making songs for the radio

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
I often wonder what hiphop history in 2024 would be like if we had to discover music like people have to now. You got to find music now like you’re going on a quest to save the princess on some Super Mario shyt. Make these songs available like how they make Ice Spice and Sexy Red available. That ain’t happening though
I have a streaming service and YouTube just like you

It’s because you have poor taste and need someone to spoon feed art and culture to you

Don’t blame it on the art

It’s better than ever

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I have a streaming service and YouTube just like you

It’s because you have poor taste and need someone to spoon feed art and culture to you

Don’t blame it on the art

It’s better than ever
I pay good money for the internet and streaming services sir.

I’m not talking about me, I’m good.

I can post random songs that I liked this past year too that you didn’t post.

Everybody ain’t out here stream digging, they listen to what’s on the radio or rely on what’s hot on TikTok.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
There's a reason why you'll hear Ice Spice and Sexyy Red on the radio over someone like Paris, Immortal technique, Dead Prez or Public Enemy.

It didn't really help the kids grew up in the New Black era as well. Cats wanna party and not think about Black issues and improvement.

When I was a kid, my Mom made it a requirement to listen to X-Clan and Public Enemy. Depends on your parent.

If your Momma is in the car playing NBA YoungBoy, I feel bad for u

If your Momma didn't make u listen to some Cornell West speeches, same thing
Artists like that never got radio play tho

Exlurkernegro

Judge me by my heart not my hairline
Daps
It'll come back eventually. This happens every few years, but I will say that gen z is dropping the torch. There's no wayne, Kendrick, Cole equivalent for gen z.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
False

GDfg8VwWgAAvqZk

once you realize this site is full of oldheads who hate data then you'll just let them be wrong and circle jerk :pachaha:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I’ll be 43 this year and was fortunate enough to grow up in a house where I got to hear all the early hip hop classics that my older sister and cousins were playing. I always grew up on the classic RnB that my parents played. I feel lucky to have experienced that

So I’m not gonna complain about something that I remember people writing off as a fad. Hip hop wasn’t supposed to be here this long. It used to be counterculture but for better or worse it has become the culture. But what has been pushed to the masses for the most part has ALWAYS been trash

Luckily for me some of my favorite artists are still putting out dope music. Some of my favorite albums from 2023 were from Nas, Jeezy, and Wayne and 2Chainz. What’s funny is I look at my daughter and my lady’s daughter. They’ll be 15 and 16 soon. They don’t even listen to new hip hop like that. Matter fact they love RnB especially from the late 90s early 2000s. I’ll hear them listening to Aaliyah, Alicia Keys, Keyshia Cole, and Lauryn Hill way before Ice Spice or Sexxy Red. I’m sure I listen to more new music than them

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Historically the best hip hop always was underground. Yea there was a period where you had your Biggies, Nas’, and PAC’s were getting a lot of radio play outside of late nite mix shows but that wasn’t always the case. Radio wasn’t playing NWA, EPMD, Rakim, PE etc like that. LL of all people was getting dissed at one point for making songs for the radio
Bmore just ended the thread

/

over-vince-carter.gif

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Just no fun in it anymore. No balance in the mainstream. Too many clones and dikk riders. I'm trying to figure out when the change became official.

I'll give you a hint: when simps took over and conformed for a hit, at the expense of following their own actual taste. When dudes started to conform to drunken IG stripper thots, the quality hit rock bottom

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Lemme correct you, Hip Hop is a 50 year old (black) man THAT ATE PURE JUNK FOOD, DID HARD DRUGS, AND HAD A SEVERE LACK OF REST FOR THE PAST 20 SOMETHING YEARS! Which means it is dangerously close to croaking and being abandoned.
A man can avoid all that and he'll still be past his prime.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You just have to question the intelligence and outlook of anyone over 25 still enamored by hiphop.
Theyve earned the right to be judged.. :francis:
It’s hilarious hearing y’all nikkas say this because what do you think our parents and grandparents thought about the shyt we listened to in the 80s and 90s :heh:

I’m old enough to remember when hip hop wasn’t even considered music to the older generation, it was called noise.