Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

peppe

Superstar
Daps
This was disappointing as fukk, we just watched the 1080p joint and what in the fukk? Everything was so obvious in this shyt, and the stupidity of the crew was just :mindblown:

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :pacspit:

The first contact that pilot has inside the ship just made the whole scene :what:, like ridley simply said fukk it, you know what go FULL RETARD :gladbron: like it didnt make ANY sense
and the bytch deserved to die:obama:

I know it's a movie but scenes where even basic logic gets thrown, it just makes me :beli:. Same with creators angle, it was something that has been in the movies since day one and now that he is back as a director he just said nope let's dead that theory :snoop: you lazy fukk:pacspit:

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Seeing this movie and Prometheus makes you appreciate James Cameron more for Aliens. He and Ridley Scott didn't agree with the direction Cameron took it but it ended up being a classic, imagine if it was strictly Scott at the helm. He seems to be completely hit or miss with his films and has more duds than good ones imo.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
So @Art Barr is the only one who liked the movie?

I may like this film after all. :myman:

This is one of those when you average in the entirety of the entire franchise.
If you really sat through them all.
Plus, ANY other creature feature.
You take this for what it is worth in the digital age fascination with the stoopid and it should hit any issues that the public asked for after Prometheus. While simplifying it and still giving it a cerebral quality that was part of the original aliens films.
After the full reveal of the whodunit mystery from the past alien films. So, to get the full reveal, in this day and age.
Complete with being malleable to the criticism from the fan service.

It makes it a good b movie creature feature.

If you judge this past using the franchise to judge itself against is where the critique of this off. As imo, the people who rate films rate this based on a siskel difficulty setting. Where it is compared to the likes of the best indie and small budget intellectual style movies and this should be judged from a b movie gore scale. Where a 2.5 star for this type of movie should say it is better than most atypically in the genre. Yet, a 2.5 star creature feature is all that typically should be asked of any creature feature based film.
As we learned in the overall views of Prometheus. Which resulted in the simplification of alien covenant by title, and content.
So, if you take a 2.5 rating of a creature feature and know that is steroetypically world's good in the genre. You should be fine.
Yet, if you go in this looking for some gene siskel four star quality, you will give it a bad review.

The problem with movie reviewers is they review movies like siskel. When you have to be malleable to the genre of that film. As some movies bask in cliche bad portions of a movie to try to make quality out of the ideally bad. Of which is lost, and a horror creature feature always basks in cliche bad of the creature feature b movie grade genre. Which is usually lost in the review.

Imo, is this as good as outlander or aliens I or aliens II.
Simply, put no.

Yet it slides right into a small space that aliens after aliens three reduced the entire franchise to being low quality by average.
So a c grade for this film and 2.5 star rating.
Sit it above aliens three, aliens four, the second aliens versus predators that was basically to dark to even see well at all.

While putting itself in the company of the good alien movies after alien three that include avp, and Prometheus.

While also giving us an actual fam service style simplified reveal. on the whodunit aspect of the horror mystery portion of the aliens franchise as well.

Rating : 2.5 stars

This would be a two star film but since it gives an excellent simplified fan service reveal. I tacked on an extra star to bump it from a two star to a two and a half star film. As this movie does provide the reveal that has been hinted at throughout the entire totality of the alien films. That was almost lost when aliens three failed to follow the much better dark horse comic book content and story arc. That featured one of the best reveals and military Sci fi adventures and characters of all time in newt evolving and growing from a child rescued by Ripley.
Which imo, I wish they would just reboot this franchise exactly from the end of aliens and go into the dark horse comic realm of content.
As this franchise has also failed to re-establish a real hero to root for.
Yet has supplied as formidable a villain as you could get for a Sci fi based military horror flick. So, imo this franchise should work with the same fan service and reboot from the lost newt direction.
Since it has given us the reveal of the original series and has listened to fan service of Prometheus. If a series ever needed or called for the bobby from Dallas comes back reboot. Aliens needs to reboot and allow newt to come back from the dead in a shower scene as well.

Outside of that and never getting the full fan service treatment of newt returns. Alien covenant is as good of a compromise to fam service as one may get outside of Freddie vs Jason. So, since that is the case. This is as good a compromise to past fukkups as one could ask and appeases fan service. So If you take that into account. You should enjoy this movie. This is one of those disclaimer flicks. Where it should feature a you will like this movie if type deals.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I was entertained. Felt bad for those disgusting engineer wanabes.

I wonder what that dumb ass robot gonna do with all them buddies

Last edited: