Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I missed it too so idk. Can't really remember what he said in the opening credits.

All I know is by the timeline of the original "Aliens" movie there were other models of androids.

I just know it would be dumb to create a bunch of androids based off one person/face/sex.

Not really,...
how they designed the android and also with how weyland was as a narcissistic person and his actual corporate ideals. Which were covered exclusively in promethesus independently and indepthly and one of the reason I am really high on Prometheus. So, how the android story and reveal is setup to be condensed and simplified for this audience during the beginning, to the core and finale of this movie. Is what makes this story a simple condensed based formula but its simplicity makes it just as complex as it was when the series poses the question originally. Including the character development and issues between Ripley, weylan and the droids that made the first series mystery such a compelling who dunit.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Personally this is one of the better pay it forward and condensed repackaging of a Franchise. Where it could have been a real disaster.
Yet the amalgamation and simplification of the origin is nicely done. That I really do not understand the negative critique.
Especially since Prometheus was ab acquired cerebral taste. Which imo, was made for the real die hard alien fan.
or future die hard fan of the new Gen being presented this franchise in their era.

So, I do not understand the critique of this film. As it did exactly what critics said it should do and did it well enough.
In a simplified and condensed compromise.
that should appease both groups and all types of alien fans.
As it mixes the cerebral higher quality studio film with b grade horror and creature feature rather well.
considering the changes that were asked of this franchise from Prometheus.

Which were met with a certain pace and also had the feel of figuring it out on the fly.
Which was packaged into the feel of this current aliens film.
Good job to re-right the ship for the general gateway audience to grasp in the whole domestic idea of keep it simple.

Art Barr

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Suits gone suit is how I feel about this film.

Prometheus sequel :hula:Alien prequel

I've never even seen the original alien flicks so I was hoping for something resembling more of a prometheus sequel. To me, Prometheus was a pretty dope film once you account for all the shyt left on the cutting room floor / left out from the script.

The only thing that will keep me coming back to the franchise at this point is David and a movie explaining why the fukk he's such a piece of shyt. I mean I get that Weyland made him his bytch, humans generally treat him like a piece of shyt, etc., but I need an explanation for why he has this weird ability to emote while still behaving like a sociopath. Does self-awareness of AI inevitably lead to misanthropy? Is it by Weyland's design? Why is he even capable of having this "creation" complex that he does? How would he describe his decision to kill Shaw despite her kindness to him?

I'll still be back for the next one and probably need to rewatch Prometheus at this point, but damn brehs.