Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

Sutter Kane

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be still bad though . It was pretty fast paced the crew was beyond incompetent some of the homage to aliens like the crane scene was nice seems as though Ridley was going for pure F@#ckery horror as opposed to Prometheus Sci Fi slow pacing some stuff was just Smh laughable wondering off to wash my face alone :francis:
Following a synthetic being downstairs so he can tell whats going on :francis:
i was expecting the alien to burst into song and dance like in spaceballs when it came out with the lights on it.
242szuh.jpg

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
David took him down to a dungeon with a bunch of quivering pods and told him to look into one and everything would be fine and he actually fukking did it :dahellwhat:

The black dude and white chick getting killed in the shower was :dahellwhat:... I mean...they just saw the chick fight a fukking alien outside of the ship...the one dude come back with his face all fukked up...and then they are like "oh okay we going to go to the shower and smash":dahellwhat:...breh I don't give a fukk how bad a chick is if I watch somebody fight an alien on the outside of a ship its going to be a LONG fukking time before I can even get an erection again...

And did the check not clear for James Franco :dahellwhat:...could have sworn I saw some previous with him actually in the movie and then he didn't even make it out his space pod :dahellwhat:
Speak for yourself :sas2:

If I was in one of those pods as long as they were and was about to go back in, I'd be getting it in as much as possible

Also was the Alien trying to smash on the low? :ohhh:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
The worst scene was when the first xenomorph rips through the guy's chest and David puts his hands up. The little xenomorph puts his hands up too like one of those dancing puppets street performers use:mjlol:. How did that make the final cut?:laff::laff::laff:

I'm sitting there in the theater thinking "Aww hey little buddy":laff:

Can see this being in the theaters for only the next 2 weeks. A wrap for this shyt when mummy comes out

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
Just streamed a cam rip on the Xbox. I literally had this face the whole time:francis:

The worst scene was when the first xenomorph rips through the guy's chest and David puts his hands up. The little xenomorph puts his hands up too like one of those dancing puppets street performers use:mjlol:. How did that make the final cut?:laff::laff::laff:

This movie did everything wrong. Prometheus ended with David and Shaw going to get answers from the Engineers only to have David kill them all. We didn't get any answers which made the last movie pointless:mindblown:. Shaw went through all that just to die off camera and get experimented on:snoop:. They completely wasted her character. They also wasted her and David's relationship:what:

This movie should have been them getting to the planet. The stunned Engineers take them in and reward them with answers while also explaining why they will destroy earth. David has a counter measure and releases the black goo to stop them while also taking the knowledge they gave them and using it to experiment. Somewhere along the lines him and Shaw have a falling out which leads him to betray/kill her and use her in the experiments. Throw in a few engineers getting the face hugger treatment to fill the Alien quota.

They could have made the ending have more impact if David actually acted like Walter. He barely said a word once he pulled the switch which told the audience that wasn't Walter :palm:

So disappointed. We rarely get good Sci Fi. Get Ridley Scott the fukk outta here:camby:

:trash::trash:/5
Yeah I agree...what the hell was Scott thinking a baby xeno would not copy a person or Android lol ......totally fukked the story up ....Which is a huge shame cause it had so much potential .....if David is the sole created of the xenos it takes away the mystery around them ....I so hope the actual engineers are the true creators ...

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I'm sitting there in the theater thinking "Aww hey little buddy":laff:

Can see this being in the theaters for only the next 2 weeks. A wrap for this shyt when mummy comes out
That part made me completely check out from this movie. I was just waiting for it to end at that point lol. The Alien/Prometheus series is done after this, I'm not even looking forward to the next movie. Throw this shyt in the bushes and reboot it in 15 years without Scott. :camby:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
"Alien: Covenant" Tops China's Box Office and becomes the 2nd Highest Grossing film in the "Alien" Franchise globally. Ridley's prequel series has now grossed over 600 Million globally.

Worldwide (Unadjusted)
Rank Title (click to view) Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year
1 Prometheus Fox $403.4 $126.5 31.4% $276.9 68.6% 2012
2 Alien: Covenant Fox $215.0 $72.7 33.8% $142.3 66.2% 2017
3 Alien Vs. Predator Fox $172.5 $80.3 46.5% $92.3 53.5% 2004
4 Alien Resurrection Fox $161.4 $47.8 29.6% $113.6 70.4% 1997
5 Alien 3 Fox $159.8 $55.5 34.7% $104.3 65.3% 1992
6 Aliens Fox $131.1 $85.2 65% $45.9 35% 1986
7 Aliens Vs. Predator - Requiem Fox $128.9 $41.8 32.4% $87.1 67.6% 2007
8 Alien Fox $102.9 $78.9 76.7% $24.0 23.3% 1979
TOTAL: $1,474.9 $588.6 39.9% $886.3 60.1% -
AVERAGE: $184.4 $73.6 39.9% $110.8 60.1% -

Interesting. Definitely slowed down domestically but internationally it's still doing pretty good. Looking like 300+ Million Worldwide. I think for the next sequel they need to drop it quicker, no more than 2-3 years. Also dropping it in May is a no go. "Alien" should be a late Summer release or a Winter release. Ironically no Alien Film has grossed 100 Million Domestically but "Prometheus". Again Alien is a "Horror" Franchise so you have to look at the numbers that way.

JSS

Pro
Daps
I'm glad it's doing well overseas because even though they kinda fukked it up, I still want another one. I want more engineer backstory goddamit :damn:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
is it legal to just go full spoiler in convo about this movie, yet.
or is it cult status enough that we have to be spoiler'd up to talk about this one.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'm glad it's doing well overseas because even though they kinda fukked it up, I still want another one. I want more engineer backstory goddamit :damn:

we won't get anymore engineer backstory because of how the xenomorph was actually created, and is actually intellectual property of:

weyland

as it goes further and further down to explain what occurred in this movie.
i actually enjoyed the twist it took and i was able to deal with how they alien'd three prometheus as well.

other than that,..i enjoyed this movie more than i thought and it fits into that i don't like it as much as the holy grail.
yet, as far as an actual adventure that gave significant info.
it feels good as a watch and adds to the aliens mythos in a way that kinda makes this more important than avp, and ranks it right with or behind prometheus.
as the third best aliens movie in the franchise.

art barr

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
we won't get anymore engineer backstory because of how the xenomorph was actually created, and is actually intellectual property of:

weyland

as it goes further and further down to explain what occurred in this movie.
i actually enjoyed the twist it took and i was able to deal with how they alien'd three prometheus as well.

other than that,..i enjoyed this movie more than i thought and it fits into that i don't like it as much as the holy grail.
yet, as far as an actual adventure that gave significant info.
it feels good as a watch and adds to the aliens mythos in a way that kinda makes this more important than avp, and ranks it right with or behind prometheus.
as the third best aliens movie in the franchise.

art barr
To be fair David didn't create the xenos if anything he only modified them. In Prometheus there's pics/sculptures of the xenos made by the engineers shown throughout the movie. Of course with the way Ridley Scott is all over the place who knows if any type of continuity will hold up in this series.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
To be fair David didn't create the xenos if anything he only modified them. In Prometheus there's pics/sculptures of the xenos made by the engineers shown throughout the movie. Of course with the way Ridley Scott is all over the place who knows if any type of continuity will hold up in this series.

No, David did actually make the xeno into the xeno with the face hugger.
Plus, created the queen as well.
As he tells the whole ordeal and reveal during the time period.
where he swaps out the other downgraded bot, leading to the hyper cryo chamber horror space ending of this film.

I actually enjoyed this movie and although it went full alien three with the Prometheus situation.
The explanation for the survivor of Prometheus being explained and how it tied into the creation of the current xeno.
Was as good a consolation prize as you could get for a movie doing the wrong thing all over again

Yet learning from the previous mistake and at least giving us a reveal.
that gave us a damn good explanation.
To make up for the reason the Prometheus survivor got the alien three newt and Michael biehn treatment.

So, this movie is better than generally reviewed.
As it at least keeps some type of higher quality marker above the previous failed low quality installments.
Scott may have made a bunch of errors but at least the end result.
Seems to be a good Hodge podge of managing a perfect disaster as well as you could given the situation.
This franchise had to basically do the Same thing dc had to do on bvs and at least give us some explanation or do a do over that was higher quality than the past bullshyt dc gave us in the nineties in the death of Supes to bane/batman.
So, with that I felt it was a good reclaimation project to re-establish some faith with the hardcore alien crowd..to at least give them another go round to get it right.

Imo, if they wanna get this right.
They can just retconn and take us to military soldier newt and the dark horse stuff asap.
since the antagonist similar to the comics has finally been put on film.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Here's my thing though, people want it both ways which is why I said Ridley needs to do him, he can't statfisy everyone. Now us Sci-Fi heads wanted more "Engineers", general audiences that pay box office tickets want to see more "Aliens".. Clearly the #1 complaint from general audiences from "Prometheus" was that there was no "Alien" until the very end. That criticism stayed with Ridley. So he brought this film back to the basics. The franchise is called "Alien" period. You can't do an "Alien" movie without Aliens. This is what Ridley learned. I think Ripley is the biggest draw to the franchise and this story takes place before. So I think Michael Fassbender is being positioned as the main character in the prequels. But I get Ridley point about doing "Prometheus".

His beef with all the "Alien" sequels is that nobody answered the question. "Who is that space jockey and where is that ship from?". Even Cameron skipped over it as he just went back to LV-426. In "Alien 3" they were on a prison planet Furiona. Alien: R took place hundreds of years later and dealth with cloning. "Prometheus" was the origin story of the Engineers and now we are getting the origin story of the Aliens. So this prequel series is dope to me thus far. Also The Engineer story is not over, clearly there are more out there on expeditions. The David twist has flipped the franchise on it's head and has once again shown the Androids/Company as the villains as well as the Aliens. "Covenant" had it's flaws but again I enjoyed, I'm a sci-fi head for life.

This movie did a good job of fixing its fukk UPS as it went along.
It feels like someone writing their way out of a previous story some may or may not have liked and finding a great way to move forward as a consolidated compromise to the all types of audience of the franchise.
It gives anyone who could watch a chance to like it..
It also plays like a feel of Scott taking what is there and making sumfin from nuffin too.
Which I think he should get props for because he steered this back into being simple enough using the swerve for anyone to like and feel they got a great payoff after all these movies.
Where it just goes back to step one as far as who the mystery is and ripley's original underlying danger.
Plus, the character trust building component that was built on un the first three movies between Ripley and android.

So, it comes full circle and the way it comes together it feels like someone put together some very good last midnight hour brilliant decision together to save it from utter disaster.

I give it a creature feature mark of 2.5 stars.
As it fullfills all the checks that could make it a higher reviewed film by critics later on. Or one that shows disappointment, where you can see the issues that make it a 2.5 stat movie.

Sci fi b movie grade genre wise. This is better than any other cheap film in the creature feature genre you would typically get and the cast is actually intelligent..when it gets down to the cast you give a shyt about. So, when it gets to the reveal.
The ending is as good a horror Sci fi cyro chamber as you can get generally in the genre. So, it does have higher quality than most films of this type.
when you rate it as a Scot film to other filmmakers making similar creature feature Sci fi stuff.

Art Barr