Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I missed it too so idk. Can't really remember what he said in the opening credits.

All I know is by the timeline of the original "Aliens" movie there were other models of androids.

I just know it would be dumb to create a bunch of androids based off one person/face/sex.
Yeah but didn't Weyland want to be immortal and shyt? They could just play it as his complex or something and aren't most androids at this time all the same as david/walter?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I missed the first couple of minutes are the androids based off of a younger peter weyland or are they just a random face?
they never said... him and david start off by having an "i created you, but who created me convo" then it skips to the ship

i think wayland made david personally, for whatever reason.. and since the earth has no idea what happened out there, they probably just looked at his work and recreated the same robot with upgrades on the internal

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The people have spoken. Disappointing film and as a result has disappointing returns.

Alien: Covenant dropped 80% at US box office in a week

Unfortunately it looks like the American public were either not in the mood for another Alien and/or they were so burned by Prometheus they weren't willing to give Covenant a chance, as Forbes reports an 80% drop in turnouts for its second Friday.

Following on from its pretty disappointing $36 million opening weekend last week, it seems the film only managed to earn $3 million on Friday (May 26), compared to the $15.3 million it garnered seven days before.

The publication estimates the total worldwide box office gross will amount to $254 million, which isn't amazing compared to Prometheus' $405 million total.

Another week at the top of the US box office isn't looking too likely for Covenant then. Maybe Fox should go ahead with Neill Blomkamp's planned Alien 5 starring Sigourney Weaver after all.

:scust:might be wrap for the franchise. After that stinkfest I say let it go.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The people have spoken. Disappointing film and as a result has disappointing returns.

Alien: Covenant dropped 80% at US box office in a week

Unfortunately it looks like the American public were either not in the mood for another Alien and/or they were so burned by Prometheus they weren't willing to give Covenant a chance, as Forbes reports an 80% drop in turnouts for its second Friday.

Following on from its pretty disappointing $36 million opening weekend last week, it seems the film only managed to earn $3 million on Friday (May 26), compared to the $15.3 million it garnered seven days before.

The publication estimates the total worldwide box office gross will amount to $254 million, which isn't amazing compared to Prometheus' $405 million total.

Another week at the top of the US box office isn't looking too likely for Covenant then. Maybe Fox should go ahead with Neill Blomkamp's planned Alien 5 starring Sigourney Weaver after all.

:scust:might be wrap for the franchise. After that stinkfest I say let it go.
After reading all the negative reviews here I truly believe this movie is redbox status for me

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Saw it a couple nights ago. I liked it overall. Big problem was they obviously skipped over a whole movie. They should have make that one first; won't spoil it.

Second, it got really pretentious with all the fine art and classical music :camby: They REALLY overdid that aspect. Reminds me of Star Trek trying to show you how cultured and superior they are :scust:

Third, they recycled a villain so I was waiting for the reveal the whole movie.

Once shyt started going down, the usual horror movie people doing stupid shyt happened.

Fifth, they keep making the incubation periods shorter and shorter and the growth cycle shorter and shorter. It's getting ridiculous now.

Sixth, it didn't make sense how the bioengineering storyline went down. There's no improving on the ridiculous first alien incubation model.

Seventh, whenever they introduce husbands and wives in movies like this, you know they're setting up predictable drama. Saw that coming to.

Eighth, I think they wanted a mini-"reboot" and ended up almost making the Engineers irrelevant.

Still, I enjoyed it for the theater experience. I just don't understand why Aliens sequel writing has gotten so lazy when they put so much work in the special effects and set design. I think it's time to bury the franchise for good.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Saw it a couple nights ago. I liked it overall. Big problem was they obviously skipped over a whole movie. They should have make that one first; won't spoil it.

Second, it got really pretentious with all the fine art and classical music :camby: They REALLY overdid that aspect. Reminds me of Star Trek trying to show you how cultured and superior they are :scust:

Third, they recycled a villain so I was waiting for the reveal the whole movie.

Once shyt started going down, the usual horror movie people doing stupid shyt happened.

Fifth, they keep making the incubation periods shorter and shorter and the growth cycle shorter and shorter. It's getting ridiculous now.

Sixth, it didn't make sense how the bioengineering storyline went down. There's no improving on the ridiculous first alien incubation model.

Seventh, whenever they introduce husbands and wives in movies like this, you know they're setting up predictable drama. Saw that coming to.

Eighth, I think they wanted a mini-"reboot" and ended up almost making the Engineers irrelevant.

Still, I enjoyed it for the theater experience. I just don't understand why Aliens sequel writing has gotten so lazy when they put so much work in the special effects and set design. I think it's time to bury the franchise for good.
What predictable drama? The first 3 characters that died were all the couples in the movie except one and they were irrelevant the entire movie.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
What predictable drama? The first 3 characters that died were all the couples in the movie except one and they were irrelevant the entire movie.

In movies like this, whenever you get the brief cutesy relationship scenes between a husband and wife, you know they'r egoing to milk it. They did it TWICE!

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
In movies like this, whenever you get the brief cutesy relationship scenes between a husband and wife, you know they'r egoing to milk it. They did it TWICE!
:what: a whole two scenes
Is it really that serious

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Also my favorite part was one the captain started demanding answers only to get led into an obvious trap. :mjlol:

I would've offed breh right then and there just because he was trying to chop it up with Alien that killed the chick with the biggest titties. :sadbron:

David took him down to a dungeon with a bunch of quivering pods and told him to look into one and everything would be fine and he actually fukking did it :dahellwhat:

The black dude and white chick getting killed in the shower was :dahellwhat:... I mean...they just saw the chick fight a fukking alien outside of the ship...the one dude come back with his face all fukked up...and then they are like "oh okay we going to go to the shower and smash":dahellwhat:...breh I don't give a fukk how bad a chick is if I watch somebody fight an alien on the outside of a ship its going to be a LONG fukking time before I can even get an erection again...

And did the check not clear for James Franco :dahellwhat:...could have sworn I saw some previous with him actually in the movie and then he didn't even make it out his space pod :dahellwhat:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
David took him down to a dungeon with a bunch of quivering pods and told him to look into one and everything would be fine and he actually fukking did it :dahellwhat:
I'm SAYING tho, what the fukk, i'd have some hulkbuster iron man type suit with a giant fukking gun aimed at the pods before telling david to open that shyt for himself only for the facefukker to pop out and latch onto david only to be disappointed :umad:
The black dude and white chick getting killed in the shower was :dahellwhat:... I mean...they just saw the chick fight a fukking alien outside of the ship...the one dude come back with his face all fukked up...and then they are like "oh okay we going to go to the shower and smash":dahellwhat:...breh I don't give a fukk how bad a chick is if I watch somebody fight an alien on the outside of a ship its going to be a LONG fukking time before I can even get an erection again...
I was literally thinking that the whole scene. like yall just saw an extramuthaphukinterrestrial and your next move is to fukk in the shower :trillbunb:

all in all i thought it was a decent film though, i just purposely didn't think of all the previous movies before i walked in the cinema :lolbron: