Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I went in expecting an Alien movie and was entertained and enjoyed the movie for what it was but how many times are they going to kill the alien the same way:francis: if I went in expecting a sequel to Prometheus I would be pissed:gucci: how they going to do my girl like this:dwillhuh: they should give the next one to Villeneuve

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
I understand why it annoys people that they don't but I also understand why it's more convenient to just film the actors without them. But still, it is pretty stupid. I would have had less of a problem with it if they didn't wear helmets AND also didn't stick their face into mold spores/fungus and inhale. You'd be stupid as fukk to do that on earth.

They jumped out the ship looking like H & M mannequins tho.

That killed any chance of this being entertaining for me.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I don't think david planned for that intentionally. It was just a result/evolution of using the black goo on the engineers (home planet). The signal was def all david's doing tho.

There is also a rumor that weyland-yutani either are communicating with David or knows what he's up to due to at the end of Covenant he uses his own passcode to access the colonists/embryos; why would that passcode work if david's been "lost" to the now merged company for years? Not to say that David doesn't have his own agenda (becoming a "creator/god") but I think that being left in was way too obvious to have no connection at all; its way too convenient for david.

As far as the Weyland-Yutani Company:

These are the prequels so the Company doesn't know the Alien is a weapon yet. If David has communicated with the company, it will be on the Covenant now that he has access to computer systems. On the Engineers planet he didn't have communications which is why he sent out the beacon signal with the music. David and Shaw were flying the Engineers ship so unless they got Shaw's final transmission, they don't know what happen to the crew of The Prometheus.. The Prometheus mission was about finding the meaning of life and the Engineers. Yes obviously Wayland finds out the Alien specimen is a weapon because of Ash and later Bishop's actions. But this point in the timeline, I don't think they know what David knows. As far as the ending, David was just using his older access code to access "Mother".

images

Oh yeah, they re-releasing the whole franchise on Blue-Ray, DVD etc this fall. I have the "Alien:Anthology" DVD 20th Anniversary collection.

alien-6.jpg

Last edited:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
And I actually thought they were more interesting.
I thought they seemed like rabid animals and I liked how they were really aggressive from the second they were born. They moved pretty cool too and were freaky looking. Speaking of...the 2nd Neomorph I guess just ran off, right? They only killed 1 out of the 2 and I never saw the other one again.
I thought the 2nd one was the one that came to the temple and ended getting killed by the captain. It was just bigger because it had more time to grow

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Why the fukk aren't they wearing any protective masks or suits?

:dead:

Why the fukk did they decide to descend on that planet during a fukking Ion storm, of which it is later revealed they had no clue how long one could last?

They seemingly did zero research regarding the planet's atmosphere and just flew in blindly risking all.:deadrose:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Why the fukk did they decide to descend on that planet during a fukking Ion storm, of which it is later revealed they had no clue how long one could last?

They seemingly did zero research regarding the planet's atmosphere and just flew in blindly risking all.:deadrose:

Because their captain was just torched in his hypersleep pod and they were 7 years from their original destination.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Because their captain was just torched in his hypersleep pod and they were 7 years from their original destination.
Yes the captain, the guy we didn't even get to know so we don't give a rats ass about him nor his wife because it literally happened in the first few minutes of the movie. Such a terrible beginning to the movie.. that's when I knew the film was in trouble.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This movie disappointed the fukk out of me.
There were a couple cool action set pieces, Fassbender killed it like he did in Prometheus and I loved the gore levels.
But every character in this movie was dumb as fukk and having to make the characters be idiots in order to move the plot along is just bad movie-making. It annoyed the hell out of me.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking back I think that was David's plan all along. To send out a rouge but familiar signal that a human expedition would pick up. Remember he had been waiting for 10 years after Prometheus. It felt random watching the movie but I don't think it was. I found the what the Covenant crew did on this planet was much more believable than when Prometheus crew went to LV-223. They were much more equip as well.

Whereas Prometheus was a research expedition so we had look it as more how scientist would act. This film also had better technology than Prometheus so they were able to track the planet atmosphere and characteristics much better. David was shady as f*ck by planting those black goo spouts all over the planet. It was very sinister how David set the whole thing up and basically hit the jackpot since the Covenant was full of colonist.

Also I don't believe all the engineers are dead as some could be on expeditions seeding other planets. I don't believe David is the "Only" Alien creator this is why "Awakening" has so many more places to go. This is about an Android going completely off programming to the point of insanity. He wants the one thing he can't have because he's a robot. That's the power to create life. He's convinced himself by doing this it's the only way he can know what "Love" is that humans have. David wants to be his own God. His own Creator. Here is the evolution chart of the franchise.

DAN-hadW0AEU3G-.jpg
I hated 90% of Prometheus liked this better as the characters were less stupid due to their roles . Wasn't David a head at the end of Prometheus though ? Did he say Shaw fixed him

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie disappointed the fukk out of me.
There were a couple cool action set pieces, Fassbender killed it like he did in Prometheus and I loved the gore levels.
But every character in this movie was dumb as fukk and having to make the characters be idiots in order to move the plot along is just bad movie-making. It annoyed the hell out of me.
The only real idiot was crudup though but even he had a reason because he was so busy trying to prove that a man of faith could be a good captain . I really like Walter and haaaaaaaate bytch ass David . Wish he could' somehow come back in thr next one in pursuit of David and Daniels