Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I was tired as hell when I watched this so probably not a fair review I enjoyed it but never blew me away

Again could be because I'm tired but I feel like this gave more questions than answers

I enjoyed the main villain but I never really brought into the whole reasoning behind the evolution of the xenomorph

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Maybe I'm the only one, but I found those tiny neromorphs more menacing :huhldup::francis:

Did anyone else's theater had the VR stuff set out? Was kinda interesting but i couldn't take more than a minute of that :hamster:

The shyt in the air was terrifying lowkey

But why didn't these goofs have helmets on? Sorry if it's a bit spoilerish but that is a problem I have with this movie a day later

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
In hearing a John Denver song they figured the planet had human life

Looking back I think that was David's plan all along. To send out a rouge but familiar signal that a human expedition would pick up. Remember he had been waiting for 10 years after Prometheus. It felt random watching the movie but I don't think it was. I found the what the Covenant crew did on this planet was much more believable than when Prometheus crew went to LV-223. They were much more equip as well.

Whereas Prometheus was a research expedition so we had look it as more how scientist would act. This film also had better technology than Prometheus so they were able to track the planet atmosphere and characteristics much better. David was shady as f*ck by planting those black goo spouts all over the planet. It was very sinister how David set the whole thing up and basically hit the jackpot since the Covenant was full of colonist.

Also I don't believe all the engineers are dead as some could be on expeditions seeding other planets. I don't believe David is the "Only" Alien creator this is why "Awakening" has so many more places to go. This is about an Android going completely off programming to the point of insanity. He wants the one thing he can't have because he's a robot. That's the power to create life. He's convinced himself by doing this it's the only way he can know what "Love" is that humans have. David wants to be his own God. His own Creator. Here is the evolution chart of the franchise.

DAN-hadW0AEU3G-.jpg

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
It had Neromorphs tho:dead:
And I actually thought they were more interesting.
I thought they seemed like rabid animals and I liked how they were really aggressive from the second they were born. They moved pretty cool too and were freaky looking. Speaking of...the 2nd Neomorph I guess just ran off, right? They only killed 1 out of the 2 and I never saw the other one again.

Also regarding LV-426 and the original Alien

I'm pretty confident that Ridley Scott has no idea how we're gonna end up there. I would think that the Engineers had more than one city and/or had more than 1 place they existed in the universe, but the new movie strongly implied that David indeed did kill all of them, so I'm not sure how another Engineer is going to end up on LV-426, and I also get the feeling that Scott probably doesn't even want to take the story back to LV-426. The whole point of revisiting the series was to revisit the world and tell another story in it, and I guess we'll probably end up back at LV-426, but I just have a gut feeling that Ridley Scott would rather not have to take the story back there if he didn't need to.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Why the fukk aren't they wearing any protective masks or suits?

:dead:
I understand why it annoys people that they don't but I also understand why it's more convenient to just film the actors without them. But still, it is pretty stupid. I would have had less of a problem with it if they didn't wear helmets AND also didn't stick their face into mold spores/fungus and inhale. You'd be stupid as fukk to do that on earth.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking back I think that was David's plan all along. To send out a rouge but familiar signal that a human expedition would pick up. Remember he had been waiting for 10 years after Prometheus. It felt random watching the movie but I don't think it was. I found the what the Covenant crew did on this planet was much more believable than when Prometheus crew went to LV-223. They were much more equip as well.

Whereas Prometheus was a research expedition so we had look it as more how scientist would act. This film also had better technology than Prometheus so they were able to track the planet atmosphere and characteristics much better. David was shady as f*ck by planting those black goo spouts all over the planet. It was very sinister how David set the whole thing up and basically hit the jackpot since the Covenant was full of colonist.

Also I don't believe all the engineers are dead as some could be on expeditions seeding other planets. I don't believe David is the "Only" Alien creator this is why "Awakening" has so many more places to go. This is about an Android going completely off programming to the point of insanity. He wants the one thing he can't have because he's a robot. That's the power to create life. He's convinced himself by doing this it's the only way he can know what "Love" is that humans have. David wants to be his own God. His own Creator. Here is the evolution chart of the franchise.
I don't think david planned for that intentionally. It was just a result/evolution of using the black goo on the engineers (home planet). The signal was def all david's doing tho.

There is also a rumor that weyland-yutani either are communicating with David or knows what he's up to due to at the end of Covenant he uses his own passcode to access the colonists/embryos; why would that passcode work if david's been "lost" to the now merged company for years? Not to say that David doesn't have his own agenda (becoming a "creator/god") but I think that being left in was way too obvious to have no connection at all; its way too convenient for david.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Average movie with serious plot holes but i still enjoyed it more than the last garbage movie. Their whole reasoning for going off course was terrible. Bad writing and they tried to make the audience feel for the crew because they lost the captain. Like nobody but the one bytch had any sense. U got 2000+ settlers on your ship and u want to risk it all for a transmission? Oh wait once u factor in the new captains faith system that should help explain why he's making a stupid decision..... Lame