Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it. Felt it was disappointing.

Don't wanna get into spolier territory but I feel like Scott has no idea where he wants to go, or maybe he wants to do the space jockey origins and the studio is pressuring him to do a "Alien" movie. Too many horror cliches to me.

I liked most of the characters though, I liked the idea of the whole "couples" crew thing. Didn't like David's arc in this, way too transparent and predictable.

The hell am I say, I already know I'm going to go see the next one anyway. :russ::francis::mjcry:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It only made 36 million

:hhh:What was the budget?

"Alien" is the highest grossing horror franchise in Box Office history (Over Freddy, Jason and Michael). You have to judge it along horror lines. All of them are "R-rated" also. They aren't PG or PG 13 Sci-Fi like Star Wars or even Comic Book films. I think the budget was about 97 Million so Ridley kept it check. It's already grossed over 117 Million Worldwide. It's going to make less than "Prometheus" but should still do pretty good internationally. Based on the history of the franchise, these numbers are about right. Obviously "Prometheus" being so polarizing definitely kept people on the fence.

Alien: Covenant Opening Weekend:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $36,000,000 30.5%
+ Foreign: $81,881,862 69.5%
= Worldwide: $117,881,862

FappleMeOff

All Star
Daps
I would've liked to see the
Xenomorph and the Neomorph fight each other :wow:

In fact, just give me an Alien movie without any humans. :feedme:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
So when the lights came on, my homegirl asked me why did i look disappointed lol. I then went into the lobby and just said "UGH, Ridley Scott." This shyt was beyond meh. It's predictable, hardly evolves any of the interesting themes or ideas it throws out, barely develops a single character on screen, its characters are incredibly stupid, and takes the cliche route at every single damn turn. There's a line of dialogue in the movie where David is talking to William about being unique and people fearing unique so its best to give them mundane and generic....that's this movie in a nutshell. I may not have fukked with Prometheus but it was unique and Ridley decided to give us something extremely generic and cliche and easier to digest:hhh: Le boo

Y'kno....I don't totally disagree with anything you said here.

But I still loved the movie. :manny:

As far as being cliche goes, that's what the Alien franchise is and has been since arguably Aliens. Stupid humans getting owned by Xenos for being stupid is, like many reviewers have said, "a feature, not a bug" of the franchise imo.

Alien is still the only "ALIEN" movie that everyone expects and wants each subsequent sequel to be. We aren't ever getting that again lol.

Plus, I mean....we got dueling Fassbenders. Literally and figuratively. :krs: And that flute scene :heh:

Story wise, I agree that they left a number of themes totally unresolved or developed beyond a mention (religion/faith most notably), but I still think it was more focused storytelling than Prometheus. I feel that film was crippled by LIndelof's constant inability to answer the large questions he poses. The themes of creation, advancement and to be blunt, the utter worthlessness of humanity, were well done enough to keep me interested.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

As far as being cliche goes, that's what the Alien franchise is and has been since arguably Aliens. Stupid humans getting owned by Xenos for being stupid is, like many reviewers have said, "a feature, not a bug" of the franchise imo.

Alien is still the only "ALIEN" movie that everyone expects and wants each subsequent sequel to be. We aren't ever getting that again lol.

Plus, I mean....we got dueling Fassbenders. Literally and figuratively. :krs: And that flute scene :heh:

Story wise, I agree that they left a number of themes totally unresolved or developed beyond a mention (religion/faith most notably), but I still think it was more focused storytelling than Prometheus. I feel that film was crippled by LIndelof's constant inability to answer the large questions he poses. The themes of creation, advancement and to be blunt, the utter worthlessness of humanity, were well done enough to keep me interested.
Awww shyt I gotta escape the family and catch this solo.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

BUT lol those characters have always been defined so when they do make stupid choices you understand why and have some sympathy for them rather than contempt. And having awesome themes, which the movie has, means nothing if you can't execute from a storytelling standpoint. I'm not judging it based on Prometheus but rather just as a movie and a story and on those fronts it's lacking and just meh and upsetting lol because a good movie is in there

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Movie left me just as confused after watching Prometheus but this went the Aliens route for action.

Confusing and messy yet I enjoyed it, won't go into spoilers but I agree Scott don't know what he wants to do and it's hurting these movies big times.

I'll give the 3rd one a chance

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Also @HHR i agree with you that the alien aspects are the weakest part of this. Absolutely the weakest. Like it's tired at this point. The stuff with David and Walter is the best stuff in the movie and I would've loved more of that. It shows the Paradise lost aspect of the movie which I wanted expanded but it's like Ridley kept saying "oh damn that's right it's an alien movie" so it's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Just got out the IMAX and I hate to say it but Ridley Scott might be :flabbynsick:

This was a solid movie with some great cinematography but breh, it's the definition of "same shyt different day". There's a lot of bells and whistles but no real substance.

You gotta see this in IMAX tho because it makes the visuals and sound that much better for real if I saw this on another screen I'd probably have disliked it even more :pachaha:

7/10

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
What was the total amount of Humans and how many died? And how does dude from Empire Die? He's black so I`m sure they killed him. :mjlol::wow::mjcry:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I was entertained ..

I can't believe I waited 5 years for this shyt tho lol

Could've waited for the bluray lol