Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The stuff with michael and walter is interesting. Other than that, it suffers from the same issue I had with prometheus: stupid characters doing stupid shyt to no larger point
If we didn't know how the Walter/David thing was gonna end, it would have been interesting.

For all the gripes people had with Prometheus, it had interesting concepts and laid the groundwork for a very intriguing follow-up. This just pissed on all of that.

Hours later and I'm still disgusted. :kobewhatever:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If we didn't know how the Walter/David thing was gonna end, it would have been interesting.

For all the gripes people had with Prometheus, it had interesting concepts and laid the groundwork for a very intriguing follow-up. This just pissed on all of that.

Hours later and I'm still disgusted. :kobewhatever:

Man when he pulled the most cliche of cliche tropes I sucked my teeth. I haven't sucked my teeth since high school

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
So when the lights came on, my homegirl asked me why did i look disappointed lol. I then went into the lobby and just said "UGH, Ridley Scott." This shyt was beyond meh. It's predictable, hardly evolves any of the interesting themes or ideas it throws out, barely develops a single character on screen, its characters are incredibly stupid, and takes the cliche route at every single damn turn. Ridley is not the magic behind alien, although he keeps getting the props for it and it's gotta stop :russ: He wasn't the sole force behind how great that first movie is and these last two flicks illustrate that. There's a line of dialogue in the movie where David is talking to William about being unique and people fearing unique so its best to give them mundane and generic....that's this movie in a nutshell. I may not have fukked with Prometheus but it was unique and Ridley decided to give us something extremely generic and cliche and easier to digest:hhh: Le boo
Maybe the suits wanted that.

I hope i enjoy this film so I can shyt on you guys :thumbsup:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To the people who enjoyed this should i see it in imax or regular? Saw prometheus in imax and it was beautiful

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Not very good like a D level movie.

I know David was bad in Prometheus but I thought him exposing the planet to the pathogen was still a great twist and visually the most impressive scene in the movie. Why they showed it in the middle instead of keeping David's motivations secret until the end of the movie, I don't know. Cause I felt the moive peaked right then and there. The switcharoo was so painfully obvious I can't believe they presented it as a twist.

The characters were so painfully stupid, I felt like I was watching a slasher film. How out of place was the shower sex scene kill? Yeah, we just escaped this planet with over half our crew dead, first thing I want to do is fukk, right? :camby:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even though I liked the film, I do wish Ridley didn't listen to the criticism from Prometheus and tried to appease that audience cause they gonna hate it either way :manny:

I'm liking the retconning and look forward to the shakeup in the EU:yeshrug:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sounds like this movie is only redbox worthy?

am i wrong or right?

swampfox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Big fan of Alien and Aliens, but this shyt was just that. shyt. Too predictable, and really didnt bring anything new to the franchise. Its like the Star Wars Prequels that Lucas directed. I actually liked Prometheus somewhat, but I cant co-sign this movie.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
this movie seems to be extremely polarizing. either people love it, or the fukking hate it. :patrice:
i dunno if i should use these free tickets on this or guardians 2 :patrice:
Yea I'm reading the coli and everyone hates it

Yet rotten tomatoes got it at like 87%. Then meta got it at 66% but IMDb got it at 7

I'll just wait on the download

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Prometheus was shyt trying to do too much. This was actually good for a simple popcorn flick.