Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Had free tickets to see this...and if I had a time machine I would send myself back in time to tell pass me to rip those shyts up and go do ANYTHING else with your life instead...

Just bad all the way through...

There is such disregard for even the last Prometheus movie as far as history goes...

Hilariously poorly made...they didn't even think enough to shoot fassbender scenes correctly...HE DOESNT EVEN HAVE THE SAME SHORT HAIRCUT...

This part almost made me walk out the theater when I realized nobody on the crew could tell he actually looked older and had a different haircut...

I'm done with this franchise...As far as I am concerned nothing after Aliens ever happened...

Breh I got free tickets to Suicide Squad... walked out half way through:pachaha:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
so they pretty much fukked up the storyline
WHy assume this? There's still about 20+ years between the end of this movie and when the Nostromo finds the derelict ship on LV426. A lot can happen within that time to still make sense with the original

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Trash - even worse than Prometheus and didn't build on what Prometheus had started. Dude needs to give up making films :lolbron:

It was supposed to be about seeing the engineers, their species and answering questions, in the end we get 2 hours of a psychopathic android, and a couple xenomorphs who grow about 10x their previous speed.:comeon: Looked cheap too apart from the cinematography. Trash actors ex fassbender, and what was the point with Franco 20second cameo :mjlol:.

the relentless religious/creator references .:gucci:

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trash - even worse than Prometheus and didn't build on what Prometheus had started. Dude needs to give up making films :lolbron:

It was supposed to be about seeing the engineers, their species and answering questions, in the end we get 2 hours of a psychopathic android, and a couple xenomorphs who grow about 10x their previous speed.:comeon: Looked cheap too apart from the cinematography. Trash actors ex fassbender, and what was the point with Franco 20second cameo :mjlol:.

the relentless religious/creator references .:gucci:

:deadmanny: @ The psychopathic android

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Guess I could see how another engineer ship could be brought in

some engineers from another world could come back to the world david fukked up and wonder wtf happened. then go off in search of the last ship to be in the area. probably have it show up at the end of the next film

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So when the lights came on, my homegirl asked me why did i look disappointed lol. I then went into the lobby and just said "UGH, Ridley Scott." This shyt was beyond meh. It's predictable, hardly evolves any of the interesting themes or ideas it throws out, barely develops a single character on screen, its characters are incredibly stupid, and takes the cliche route at every single damn turn. Ridley is not the magic behind alien, although he keeps getting the props for it and it's gotta stop :russ: He wasn't the sole force behind how great that first movie is and these last two flicks illustrate that. There's a line of dialogue in the movie where David is talking to William about being unique and people fearing unique so its best to give them mundane and generic....that's this movie in a nutshell. I may not have fukked with Prometheus but it was unique and Ridley decided to give us something extremely generic and cliche and easier to digest:hhh: Le boo

Last edited:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
this movie seems to be extremely polarizing. either people love it, or the fukking hate it. :patrice:
i dunno if i should use these free tickets on this or guardians 2 :patrice:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This was insultingly bad. I'm surprised this even got the green light. Mind numbingly predictable and idiotic.

I liked Prometheus. Even if you didn't like that movie, it had some interesting ideas and themes.

There is nothing redeeming about Covenant.

The stuff with michael and walter is interesting. Other than that, it suffers from the same issue I had with prometheus: stupid characters doing stupid shyt to no larger point