Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I hate to say it brehs, AVP beats this by a country mile. Paul Anderson managed to outdo character development over Ridley Scott, never thought I would say that out loud.

I put spoilers below, but everything is spelled out for you which isn't good in this case.

Creating AI without behavior inhibitors equals :whoa::damn::huhldup::demonic::demonic:

David definitely was on his:
:demonic:

Action was great and the nods to the Alien Saga were well done...

We now know where those thousands of eggs will come from for LV426, the embryos and colonists of The Covenant.

Did my girl Shaw like that? Vivisection?

Tennessee and Daniels dumped out into space (RIP) after all that work.

Dumbest crew ever, "Let's split up and go off on our own like Bobby Brown"

As soon as David and Walt were going to fight, I knew David would kill everyone eventually.

So Weyland Yutani, created an Android that created Xenomorphs and they sent additional crews on suicide missions (essentially) to recover this "perfect organism"?

Why the need for Bio-Weapons if we only saw humans in the series?

The ending was very similar to the original script, the crew gets killed and the Alien begins to talk with a human voice.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
This ish was hella underwhelming. If you've seen an Alien movie, they telegraphed everything. I didn't care for most of the team, including FRipley Jr. Fassbender did kill his role though. I actually like Prometheus, just not really as an Alien flick.

BTW, this is some of the worst CGI ever. You can't CGI Xeno's in 2017 and have them look that bad. And I mean every single time they were on the screen, it looked bad. I have to just SMH

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Meh

way too many people doing stupid shyt to move the plot a long. David was the best thing about this movie.

How all of this shyt is gonna lead to Alien... :manny:
It's not that hard to see how this goes back to Alien imo. David has a ship full of test subjects, and facehugger embryos. All he needs to do now is find an Engineer ship (which aren't that rare apparently) and load that shyt up. He's got enough Engineer bodies to plant one in there. I think he eventually corrupts the company somehow to make it all come together by making them think LV 426 would be a great place to build a colony.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Movie was fukkin lit brehs. When I found out James Franco didn't make it alive even five minutes into the film :dead: That first death scene really set the tone for the film and could not be topped IMO. (Ejogo :mjcry:) shyt was so suspenseful, it would have done well as a separate short film. The music that played during that scene. :merchant:

I was really hoping they wouldn't go there with David and Walter but they did. :snoop:Fassbender kissing himself :heh:

koolkeef

Pro
Daps
My review: Good action flick, wack Alien franchise installment. I felt totally unattached to any of the characters. I think I would've preferred seeing what blowcamp was trying to do with the franchise.

LV 426 was mentioned by name as the colony ship's destination, before they made that fatal detour?? I forget what I thought I heard but it wasn't that...

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

At all you shyttin on this movie.

The best in the series and excellent. First movie I've been satisfied with in years.
have u only seen 3 thru prometheus? cuz i havent even seen the flick yet and there's absolutely no way this is even remotely true