Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

peppe

Superstar
Daps
Just came back from seeing it and fukk you ridley scott you goddamn lazy fukk:shaq2:. This movie could have been so much more but lazy story writing = alien covenant

The first time an incident happens youll have the :mindblown: the whole time. That scene is just too ridiculous for words.

Where do you even go from here?? Unless ridley gets 2 or 3 more movies he just clusterfukked his franchise. Atleast in prometiheus we got a little bit of backstory. Here they were like nope fukk it....

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
I was pretty underwhelmed. I felt like it had some really cheesy moments and characters that I don't really give a damn about. And the effects were crap in comparison to Prometheus and a few of the other Alien movies.
David kissing Walter :dahell:

Overall, I'd take it over 3 and Resurrection in a heartbeat but I definitely liked Prometheus more. It was a lot more interesting and thought provoking.

Interloper

Lurker Extraordinaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 219
Seriously Ridley? We still doing the same old shower scene trope in 2017? :comeon:

:russ: Hey, I'm surprised they made it that far into the film. I was expecting black dude to be one of the first murked, but yeah, :russell:

As for the film...

It was pleasantly decent, as I was expecting a complete clusterfukk after the underwhelming "Prometheus", but it managed to entertain me throughout all the predictability, room temperature IQ characters and hackneyed clichés. Some may disagree, but these two films have really set the stage for Fassbender's David character to become one of the more revered villains in quite some time. I enjoyed the cold-hearted rationale behind his "serve in heaven or reign in hell" intentions and tyring to influence his "brother" to join him, even if we've seen it before. Anyway...

Does anyone think perhaps David got through to Walter and he's going to maneuver the ship back to the planet to pick him up? They never showed what happened to him and as Walter has him pinned, David says something to him that seemed to have him pondering his existence and not being able to "create".

Intriguing situation with Oram's character and him being faith based, which leads him to believe that this new planet where the distress signal originated would be better suited for the new colony. Ultimately, it leads to their demise as he should of listened to the scientists and persevered towards the original destination.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Going on my half day off to see this, will discuss with you brehs tonight...

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
This.
Movie.
Was.
:trash:

My wife loves scary movies and a sci-fi flicks and she almost pulled a @track 1, only reason we stayed was because she paid for parking in the theater. :scust:

I wouldn't even bootleg this bullshyt. Ridley did this movie like Chavez did his last fight, check only.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Meh

way too many people doing stupid shyt to move the plot a long. David was the best thing about this movie.

How all of this shyt is gonna lead to Alien... :manny:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Meh

way too many people doing stupid shyt to move the plot a long. David was the best thing about this movie.

How all of this shyt is gonna lead to Alien... :manny:
Another movie or reboot if it underperforms this weekend