Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
i just wanna know if i smoke a blunt and love the aliens franchise will i enjoy the movie
fukk what these people are saying. shyt is gonna be lit. I love all the Alien flicks (minus resurrection) and I smoke weed all day. Covenant bout to be lit. Just don't expect it to explain a lot of stuff like Prometheus did. It's more action this time around.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:damn:

That Ending was dark as hell had me leaving the theater f*cked up. Ridley you motherf*cker, lol. "Alien: Awakening" needs to go into production like RIGHT NOW. Damn. I liked it because it brought the franchise back to it's basics. At this point Ridley just needs to do him because he can't satisfy everyone. First it was "Prometheus didn't have no aliens" now it's something else. I enjoyed the film and it's expanding the mythology lovely. Fassbender went the F*ck in. Loved that it had homages to "Alien, Aliens and Alien 3" all rolled into the story basically.

C8PeZasVwAE6Mpl.jpg:large

MV5BMTUxMjU4NTM4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzczMDY5MTI@._V1_CR0,60,640,360_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
"What do you believe in, David?"

"fukkery." :mjgrin:

I loved Bishop and Ash was wild too but I think David taking that GOAT Android crown after "Prometheus & Covenant".

f1fd774a4dcb2f94c1232602cfff3520.gif

ash1.jpg

bishop-01.jpg

David actions are in line with the history of the franchise. The Androids have been the shadiest characters of the entire Alien Saga. "Covenant" basically shows us why the Wayland corporation was obsessed with bringing in the Alien Specimen as a Weapon. David actions are a foreshadow of what Bishop and Ash did as far as trying to save the Alien Specimen no matter who dies.

Last edited:

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Pretty good but I was confused at certain parts but not enough to ruin the film for me.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This was just too goddamn predictable to be entertaining. So much stuff here is telegraphed that I just sat there like :francis: for the most part. Scott having lost all ability to create suspense only makes things worse. The good part is that it's at least better than Prometheus, if only by a small margin.

mavsman

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got back from the movie. I was shocked that my theater wasn't packed. Decent movie but I enjoyed Prometheus more.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
It's not the worst Alien movie, but it is very predictable. Anyone who has seen the Aliens movies will not see anything new here. I did like what they did with David and the role he played in this story. For me, his role in this movie raised the same sorts of questions that Ex Machina did, only it was more heavy handed and not quite as fun. I didn't flinch or tense up, which is a first for me in a Alien movie. The first death though was a good one, I think, especially the way it went down.
I'm a big fan of dark endings, but something about this one felt hollow. I thought the ending of Life was even more exciting than this one. And I was surprised that I didn't feel anything for the lady captain when she'd discovered what David had done, and they tried to give her character development and everything. I just didn't care about her, and should have.
I don't know if it's the direction necessarily, maybe we're just all very numb to this series and what it has to offer at this point.

7/10? Because there's literally nothing new here but it was still entertaining. I'm not mad, just a little disappointed.

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
fukk this movie, was enjoying it until the androids were fighting and it cut to another scene when the one being mounted on grabbed the knife. I knew they was gon' do some bullshyt:aicmon:

Next movie Assbender's character needs to get the beats put on him.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
:francis:

Idk bruhs.

I didn't hate it, but shyt wasn't nothing to write home about. I definitely blame Ridley for this monstrosity, no pun.

The cgi wasnt good at all. Not believable. shyt was rushed as hell too. :hhh:

I did enjoy some scenes no doubt. But nah, I think Promethus got dis one.

:sas1:

If u were on the fence about seeing this...rental.