Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Straight up, without reading any spoilers, I feel like between the current trailers and the TV Trailer that just dropped, I feel like I've seen everything. I hope there are some surprises.

Putting the new tv spot in spoiler tags for the thumbnail alone.

Yeah i'm not even hyped to see the movie anymore. Not only do we know who dies, but we know how they die. We see specifically who dies from chest/back bursting, who gets killed in the shower by the Xeno etc.

And you can piece together the plot with good estimation.

They showed way too much in the trailers. It would have been so much more intriguing if they didn't show so much, but I think that has to do with them wanting to basically say "HEY THIS ISN'T LIKE PROMETHEUS, SO EVERYONE COME AND WATCH". So they mystery of it all suffers from them wanting to re-capture the casual audience

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah i'm not even hyped to see the movie anymore. Not only do we know who dies, but we know how they die. We see specifically who dies from chest/back bursting, who gets killed in the shower by the Xeno etc.

And you can piece together the plot with good estimation.

They showed way too much in the trailers. It would have been so much more intriguing if they didn't show so much, but I think that has to do with them wanting to basically say "HEY THIS ISN'T LIKE PROMETHEUS, SO EVERYONE COME AND WATCH". So they mystery of it all suffers from them wanting to re-capture the casual audience

Or maybe you guys should stop watching trailers knowing damn well that all blockbuster movies trailers show too much

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'm s it not true though they this movie was called Paradise, and is a sequel to Prometheus?

They changed the title to Alien Covenant, but they didn't change the script, right?

This movie will definitely tie in with Prometheus, and then there will be 1 or maybe more movies before the events of Alien.

Am I off on that? I've follwes the news pretty closely since it was calledParadise and I thought that was how this is playing out.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Or maybe you guys should stop watching trailers knowing damn well that all blockbuster movies trailers show too much
Fair enough, and I've been making a point to do that. It's increased my enjoyment of movies.

The problem with these trailers is that even the thumb nails and tv spots are spoiler-ish to a degree. So you don't have to seek anything out to be spoiled on this one.

But you're right. Trailers are tuning movies and we all have the choice to not watch.