Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I never said Ridley and Fox had a disagreement. I said Fox preferred an Alien movie whilst Ridley didn't thus the creation of Prometheus. Ridley got to make it about The Engineers whilst Fox were still able to market it like an Alien movie. It got backlash and here we are.

Ridley called The Xenomorph boring and said it would no longer be in his movies. The replacement being The Engineers, you know the focus of Prometheus.

You're in denial. The plot has already been leaked. Just face it Prometheus got bushed.
I'm well aware that Ridley didn't want to make another film focused on Xenomorphs, I never said he did.

What exactly am I in denial about? This film is a direct sequel to Prometheus. The crew seen in the trailer lands on the fukking Engineer home planet called Paradise. Please explain to me how a film that directly follows the events of Prometheus and has characters from Prometheus in it (David and Shaw) has nothing to do with Prometheus. I'm not saying that Xenomorphs play no role in this film. I'm just saying that we're still exploring the Engineers and answering questions that Prometheus raised.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Well, Spaihts and Lindelof's idea was to make this a trilogy of films... which explains leaving things deliberately unanswered and unexplored. It's definitely possible that Shaw has something to do with the eggs, in the original script for Prometheus David forces a facehugger onto her face to implant her. He might do something similar in this film. The deacon is the product of the trilobyte infecting an engineer. Xenomorphs are the product of a Queen laying eggs. I really don't think that was merely fan service. It was meant to show different evolutionary stages of the Alien in my opinion. I definitely think David is on Paradise experimenting. Did the original Xenomorph in Alien ever run on all 4's like the Runner aliens? I always thought they were bipedal? Maybe it is just the updated version but it looks slightly different.

I think they were only bipedal in the first film because the suit was so restricting. Since then, they've been on all fours when they're hauling ass, climbing, in ventilation shafts etc.

I still don't see how the trilobyte/deacon thing is anymore than fan service. We see no evidence of either of the two in Covenant, and it seems like all the engineers are somehow dead. I think they just wanted an awesome way to kill the engineer in the first film.

I wanna see what fukked up shyt David has going on, what specifically happened to Shaw, and any information on the engineers. All this interests me WAY more than any conflict with the neomorphs or xeno.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm well aware that Ridley didn't want to make another film focused on Xenomorphs, I never said he did.

What exactly am I in denial about? This film is a direct sequel to Prometheus. The crew seen in the trailer lands on the fukking Engineer home planet called Paradise. Please explain to me how a film that directly follows the events of Prometheus and has characters from Prometheus in it (David and Shaw) has nothing to do with Prometheus. I'm not saying that Xenomorphs play no role in this film. I'm just saying that we're still exploring the Engineers and answering questions that Prometheus raised.

Yet you're putting the removal of Alien elements in Prometheus solely on Fox/Lindelof as opposed to Scott. If Scott wanted to make an Alien prequel then why did he bring on Lindelof to rewrite the script and remove The Alien elements? The answer is he didn't want to and he's responsible for that garbage that Fox are trying to distance themselves from.

Per Scott's own words a direct sequel would have been about Shaw and David. Yet here we are with a new cast/leads and even a new Michael Fassbender Android as the lead.

You're in denial because they've clearly moved on from Engineers as the focus.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think they were only bipedal in the first film because the suit was so restricting. Since then, they've been on all fours when they're hauling ass, climbing, in ventilation shafts etc.

I still don't see how the trilobyte/deacon thing is anymore than fan service. We see no evidence of either of the two in Covenant, and it seems like all the engineers are somehow dead. I think they just wanted an awesome way to kill the engineer in the first film.

I wanna see what fukked up shyt David has going on, what specifically happened to Shaw, and any information on the engineers. All this interests me WAY more than any conflict with the neomorphs or xeno.
Yeah, I think you are right about the early limitations of the suit. the trilobyte/deacon thing wasn't just fan service. When they first enter the black goo room them entering it like "enables" the atmosphere in the room, they see worms in the dirt etc. The black goo oozes out and hours later the organic beings in the ground evolved into those things. It was important to show what the black goo does. and the deacon is simply the evolution of the trilobyte. I really think the xeno/neomorphs are relatively irrelevent. They're just a weapon or byproduct of the black goo and add a horror/thriller vibe to the films, the big ideas are what I'm interested in, the engineers and such. . I'm definitely hyped for this film.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This sounds stupid as fukk. Ridley Scott man...what the fukk you doing? This sounds like a convoluted shyt show.:snoop:

:yeshrug: aren't there supposed to be like 3 more alien / Prometheus related movies? Think he is just setting things up for that

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:yeshrug: aren't there supposed to be like 3 more alien / Prometheus related movies? Think he is just setting things up for that
It just sounds like a fukkin mess and very Lindeloffish. Is that b*stard anywhere near this one or consulting in any way b/c that plot sounds like it.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Dope poster art

AlienCovenant-700x1038.jpg

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Straight up, without reading any spoilers, I feel like between the current trailers and the TV Trailer that just dropped, I feel like I've seen everything. I hope there are some surprises.

Putting the new tv spot in spoiler tags for the thumbnail alone.

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
From what I've read online

I feel this movie is going to be more along the lines of a Walking Dead episode before the series finale

It's just a build up with nothing going on until the next movie in a few years

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I've read online

I feel this movie is going to be more along the lines of a Walking Dead episode before the series finale

It's just a build up with nothing going on until the next movie in a few years

You are so wrong and off