Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yea I was kinda shocked too to read this. 4 damn films to form a prequel. Mind you the alien at the end of 1. We got a full fledged alien in the preview of this one. You telling me there's 2 more movies worth of this to explain how we get to alien
I just don't understand why its necessary. Prometheus could've been a direct prequel to Alien, it leads into Alien perfectly except the alien drone looks different and they changed the name of the planet. The story could've continued focusing on Shaw and David and the original events of Alien could've played out concurrently with the nostromo getting a distress signal from the engineer ship shaw and david left. Seems kinda stupid but at the same time I'm glad we're getting more of this franchise/material. I get that Ridley wanted to really tell an ancient astronaut theory movie but he didn't have to fukk up his whole cannon and do all this confusing bullshyt. Lindelof did some good things with the story but also fukked some shyt up but Ridley let him.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Yep dropped the ball big time
:pacspit: don't fukkin quote me dawg, I'll fukk u up lame ass flaming fukkboy fakkit fukker. I want to hurt u son, if I catch u one day u making the front page of your local Fox news broadcast. "Hate crime, fakkit ass attention seeking nerd beat to death with a rock made of unknown element" :ohhh:. U lil bytch. Don't ever quote me again

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
For all intents and purposes Prometheus was an alien prequel literally all they changed was the name of the planet so that it technically wasn't a direct prequel. alien covenant is not an alien prequel it is a sequel to Prometheus.

Alien Covenant not an Alien prequel is this a joke? :gucci:

Prometheus was a spinoff (about The Engineers) not a prequel about the Xenomorphs. The original script for Prometheus was about the Xenomorphs and their creation. Scott didn't want to do this and only wanted to focus on The Engineers, so Lindelof was then hired to remove the Alien elements.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
:pacspit: don't fukkin quote me dawg, I'll fukk u up lame ass flaming fukkboy fakkit fukker. I want to hurt u son, if I catch u one day u making the front page of your local Fox news broadcast. "Hate crime, fakkit ass attention seeking nerd beat to death with a rock made of unknown element" :ohhh:. U lil bytch. Don't ever quote me again

My fukking god, I quoted him first :mjcry:.

Man, what the fukk is wrong with me smh. I should be slapped for that shyt real talk smh :pacspit:
:deadmanny:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Prometheus was a spinoff (about The Engineers) not a prequel about the Xenomorphs. The original script for Prometheus was about the Xenomorphs and their creation. Scott didn't want to do this and only wanted to focus on The Engineers, so Lindelof was then hired to remove the Alien elements.
That is the exact opposite of what Scott said in the article I posted

He started this because he wanted to answer the questions of the alien and where it came from

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
That is the exact opposite of what Scott said in the article I posted

He started this because he wanted to answer the questions of the alien and where it came from

He's saying that now, as Fox have told him you're only making us a new Alien Trilogy. That is not what he was saying during the run-up to Prometheus and shortly after it :mjlol:

Ridley Scott has said that he is “done” with “xenomorphs”, the slimy, acid-haemorrhaging monstrosities from the Alien movies, prompting speculation that the hideous creatures will not be back in his forthcoming sequel to 2012’s Prometheus.

Prometheus was billed as a film “featuring the DNA” of Scott’s earlier film Alien, the 1979 slasher-in-space that first introduced the xenomorphs. It featured what many took to be a biological predecessor of xenomorphs, christened the “deacon” by Scott, which was also revealed to have human DNA. However, the veteran film-maker indicated that full xenomorphs, which were originally based on designs by the Swiss surrealist artist HR Giger, were unlikely to return in future instalments.

The beast is done. Cooked,” said Scott, speaking to Yahoo movies. “I got lucky meeting Giger all those years ago. It’s very hard to repeat that. I just happen to be the one who forced it through because [the studio] said it’s obscene. They didn’t want to do it and I said, ‘I want to do it, it’s fantastic.’

“But after four [Alien films], I think it wears out a little bit. There’s only so much snarling you can do. I think you’ve got to come back with something more interesting. And I think we’ve found the next step. I thought the Engineers were quite a good start.”

FacebookTwitterPinterest
A scene from 2012’s Prometheus. Photograph: Sportsphoto Ltd/Allstar
Scott said viewers could expect to see Prometheus 2 follow Noomi Rapace’s Elisabeth Shaw and Michael Fassbender’s decapitated android David in their mission to find the Engineers’ home world and find out why the human-like creatures want to destroy mankind. “[We’ll] find out how he gets his head back on,” he joked, adding that several drafts of the screenplay had been written.

Scott, who is currently promoting his forthcoming biblical epic Exodus: Gods and Kings, also confirmed that he had met with Harrison Ford to discuss plans for a long-mooted sequel to 1982’s Blade Runner – though he noted that the actor is currently busy with Star Wars: Episode VII.

“It’s on the charts,” said Scott. “I can’t say when that would be yet, because of his thing with Star Wars. It’s a sequel – it’s what happens next. It’s quite surprisingly clever.”

Monster fuss: Ridley Scott alienates xenomorphs from Prometheus 2

Yet here we are with another movie about Xenomorphs in a movie called "Alien Covenant" that's using everything that was thrown out of the original script for Prometheus which was an Alien Prequel :mjgrin:

Why do you think Lindelof only removed The Alien parts of the original script? :dahell:

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I wanna get into the alien franchise should I start with alien and just go from there ?

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
He's saying that now, as Fox have told him you're only making us a new Alien Trilogy. That is not what he was saying during the run-up to Prometheus and shortly after it :mjlol:

Yet here we are with another movie about Xenomorphs in a movie called "Alien Covenant" that's using everything that was thrown out of the original script for Prometheus which was an Alien Prequel :mjgrin:

Why do you think Lindelof only removed The Alien parts of the original script? :dahell:
These nikkas out here flat out lying like shyt :russ:

I mean I get selling a movie. But how you just gonna lie about your entire motivation

"I'm done with the alien. You can't snarl but so many times. 4 more times to be exact :troll:"

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

i mean, it takes place before alien but it's more of a sequel to prometheus then a prequel to alien. according to ridley we have 2 more prometheus films to go before it leads into alien. The original script was still about the Engineers (it was called Alien: Engineers) but indeed Lindelof had to cut out a lot of the xenomorph/facehugger stuff because Fox told him to, not because Ridley didn't want to (the fact that Ridley still allows Fox to control stuff like this boggles me). This film isn't made up of stuff cut out of the Spaights script, this is a sequel to Prometheus, it's a continuation of the story although its obvious we're getting xenomorphs in this one.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
After the train wreck that was "Prometheus" I doubt I'll check for this until it hits Netflix. Then again Damon Lindelof isn't around to completely ruin the plot so it might actually be decent.

Fred.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
After the train wreck that was "Prometheus" I doubt I'll check for this until it hits Netflix. Then again Damon Lindelof isn't around to completely ruin the plot so it might actually be decent.

Fred.
to be fair it wasn't really lindelof's fault. Fox told him to remove xenomorphs/alien from a script called Alien: Engineer. Not an easy task. The main story still remained largely intact. We've seen that Lindelof is actually talented (The Leftovers).