Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Cosign to the fullest....I've always wondered why it took 7 yrs to make the sequel
Not trying to be a know it all but I used to wonder the same thing. From what I understand, sequels weren't a big thing at the time, and sci-fi wasn't a huge genre yet. In fact, Alien really didn't get the full backing of Fox until Star Wars came out, and Fox saw how well it was being received, and so they went ahead and got behind Alien because they wanted a sci-fi flick to represent their studio.

Also for Aliens they didn't want to bring Sigourney Weaver back. They wanted a male lead, but James Cameron insisted that Ripley was crucial to the story. The studio also didn't love the surrogate family theme of Ripley, Hicks, and Newt, so Cameron cut a lot of that out for the theatrical cut, but on the director's cut he kept the material.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Not trying to be a know it all but I used to wonder the same thing. From what I understand, sequels weren't a big thing at the time, and sci-fi wasn't a huge genre yet. In fact, Alien really didn't get the full backing of Fox until Star Wars came out, and Fox saw how well it was being received, and so they went ahead and got behind Alien because they wanted a sci-fi flick to represent their studio.

Also for Aliens they didn't want to bring Sigourney Weaver back. They wanted a male lead, but James Cameron insisted that Ripley was crucial to the story. The studio also didn't love the surrogate family theme of Ripley, Hicks, and Newt, so Cameron cut a lot of that out for the theatrical cut, but on the director's cut he kept the material.

The directors cut was amazing btw just peeped that for the first time unedited a couple months back.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Damn good info I appreciate, I haven't seen either movie in so long I need to check them out again. I feel like with the Alien and Predator franchises there are so many stories that can be told that arent

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Damn good info I appreciate, I haven't seen either movie in so long I need to check them out again. I feel like with the Alien and Predator franchises there are so many stories that can be told that arent

Damn right.

I just recently found out Jean Claude Van Damme was the OG Predator, but got replaced during filming.

Only movie I know of to have two former governors in the cast, and Sonny Landham (Billy) ran for Governor of Kentucky but didn't win. Apparently that motherfukker was so crazy on set that they needed bodyguards to keep him from hurting other cast mates.

cid_1ABBDFDD-A304-45B0-A7C8-B1A0018F6A05hsd1_ca_comcast_net.jpg

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The directors cut was amazing btw just peeped that for the first time unedited a couple months back.
You ever see this?

Cameron doesn't ever intend on putting in any future cuts of the film, because he said he doesn't think the timeline matches, that Burke could have been dragged back to the nest, coc00ned, face hugged, fully impregnated, and be able to feel the chestburster moving around in what's basically like a 30 minute time period from the final shootout with the marines to Ripley going back to rescue Newt. This scene was rumored to have been filmed for years and only recently came out on a Blu Ray feature.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
You ever see this?

Cameron doesn't ever intend on putting in any future cuts of the film, because he said he doesn't think the timeline matches, that Burke could have been dragged back to the nest, coc00ned, face hugged, fully impregnated, and be able to feel the chestburster moving around in what's basically like a 30 minute time period from the final shootout with the marines to Ripley going back to rescue Newt. This scene was rumored to have been filmed for years and only recently came out on a Blu Ray feature.

:wow: great find that wasn't in the original directors cut.

fukk Burke:mjlol:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Low key, how the plot was made about the origin of the Aliens in Alien vs Predator was extremely fukkin dope. It wasn't executed in a great way on screen, but the origin of Predators creating them to battle and losing control was fukkin dope. They could have made some amazing movies based of that origin story imo but they fukked it up with the 2nd one smh.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Low key, how the plot was made about the origin of the Aliens in Alien vs Predator was extremely fukkin dope. It wasn't executed in a great way on screen, but the origin of Predators creating them to battle and losing control was fukkin dope. They could have made some amazing movies based of that origin story imo but they fukked it up with the 2nd one smh.

Yep dropped the ball big time

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It's what Prometheus should have been, an Alien prequel. They're starting over. The stuff that was cut from Prometheus (when it was an Alien prequel) to distance itself from Alien is now being incorporated into this movie.
For all intents and purposes Prometheus was an alien prequel literally all they changed was the name of the planet so that it technically wasn't a direct prequel. alien covenant is not an alien prequel it is a sequel to Prometheus.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
For all intents and purposes Prometheus was an alien prequel literally all they changed was the name of the planet so that it technically wasn't a direct prequel. alien covenant is not an alien prequel it is a sequel to Prometheus.
The actual prequel is set over 3 movies. So there will be another sequel after this that will bring it right up to alien 1

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The actual prequel is set over 3 movies. So there will be another sequel after this that will bring it right up to alien 1
I hate that ridley did this shyt because it has his own cannon fukked up. in the Jon spaights script the ending of Prometheus is where alien starts and then lindelof decided to change the planet name. I knew there was going to be a sequel to this film but I haven't read that it will lead up to the beginning of alien, do you have any links for that?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
I hate that ridley did this shyt because it has his own cannon fukked up. in the Jon spaights script the ending of Prometheus is where alien starts and then lindelof decided to change the planet name. I knew there was going to be a sequel to this film but I haven't read that it will lead up to the beginning of alien, do you have any links for that?
Well first let me say I was wrong and right

lindelof planned 3 and then dipped out after 1.

Ridley is actually making 3 MORE films to make it 4, leading up to alien

Ridley Scott: 'Alien: Covenant' Is First of 3 Films Before Linking Up With Original 'Alien'

Ridley Scott confirmed that he is planning another two Prometheus sequels to follow Alien: Covenant before the Prometheus storyline meets up with the original 1979 Alien.

And for those who want questions answered. It's gonna happen

Prometheus 1 was born out of my frustration that on Alien 1 in 1979 — I only did one as I don't normally do sequels. I was amazed that in the three that followed that no one asked the question: "Why the Alien, who made it and why?" Very basic questions. So I came up with the notion of Prometheus 1, which starts to indicate who might have made it and where it came from,” Scott said.

"So I’m now going to the next one, which is the next evolution directly connected with the first one, which was this Shaw, when he replaced Michael Fassbender in two pieces and we’ll kind of pick it up there and it will evolve. When that’s finished there’ll be another one and then another one, which will gradually drive into the back entrance of the film in 1979,” the British director revealed.

“So in other words, why was this space jockey there and why did he have an Alien inside him? And those questions will be answered,” he added.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Well first let me say I was wrong and right

lindelof planned 3 and then dipped out after 1.

Ridley is actually making 3 MORE films to make it 4, leading up to alien

Ridley Scott: 'Alien: Covenant' Is First of 3 Films Before Linking Up With Original 'Alien'

Ridley Scott confirmed that he is planning another two Prometheus sequels to follow Alien: Covenant before the Prometheus storyline meets up with the original 1979 Alien.

And for those who want questions answered. It's gonna happen

Prometheus 1 was born out of my frustration that on Alien 1 in 1979 — I only did one as I don't normally do sequels. I was amazed that in the three that followed that no one asked the question: "Why the Alien, who made it and why?" Very basic questions. So I came up with the notion of Prometheus 1, which starts to indicate who might have made it and where it came from,” Scott said.

"So I’m now going to the next one, which is the next evolution directly connected with the first one, which was this Shaw, when he replaced Michael Fassbender in two pieces and we’ll kind of pick it up there and it will evolve. When that’s finished there’ll be another one and then another one, which will gradually drive into the back entrance of the film in 1979,” the British director revealed.

“So in other words, why was this space jockey there and why did he have an Alien inside him? And those questions will be answered,” he added.
thanks for the info. I'm still perturbed Prometheus didn't start where Alien started, Ridley could've still continued on the Prometheus story exploring the engineers and such without stretching it out this far to get to the beginning of Alien :beli:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
thanks for the info. I'm still perturbed Prometheus didn't start where Alien started, Ridley could've still continued on the Prometheus story exploring the engineers and such without stretching it out this far to get to the beginning of Alien :beli:
Yea I was kinda shocked too to read this. 4 damn films to form a prequel. Mind you the alien at the end of 1. We got a full fledged alien in the preview of this one. You telling me there's 2 more movies worth of this to explain how we get to alien