Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You're doing yourself a major disservice to not at the very least watch alien and aliens to catch up breh. Prometheus was very mediocre even and especially for people that know the backstory of the other films. I wanted to love that movie and I just can't bring myself to really enjoy it.
I personally love Prometheus, it definitely wasn't perfect but the ideas explored and presented were dope. some of the best visuals as well

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Out of the series, I've only seen Prometheus so I got real limited knowledge on the entire story. I'm trying to see where you thought they botched though or is that something I will just need to see in the OG films or the comics. I liked Prometheus but I could see where some people were saying they felt that they kind of shoehorned in the Xenomorphs at the end to tie it together.
Dude. U need to see the first two movies. Good lord.

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
There was tons of religious allegory and symbolism in Prometheus as well, engineer Jesus and such.

That was the aspect of it that I liked most throughout the story. Not just the religious parts but the symbolism between humans and the engineers and how the thirst for knowledge and control led to their overall demise. I thought it was well done but I haven't gone too much into the series as everyone else.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
That was the aspect of it that I liked most throughout the story. Not just the religious parts but the symbolism between humans and the engineers and how the thirst for knowledge and control led to their overall demise. I thought it was well done but I haven't gone too much into the series as everyone else.
Then you can get into Prometheus himself and the mythology of him giving fire to humans and being eternally tortured for it. it goes on and on. the original films aren't as idea based as Prometheus, they're more visceral experiences. but holy hell your mind will be blown. alien and aliens are incredible. alien is more of a horror from and aliens is more of an action film. enjoy and let us know how you liked them.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
The new trailer clearly shows a scene with what looks like dead engineers everywhere and I'm pretty sure the engineer planet was called paradise, they're going somewhere with the story they just haven't shown it in the trailers.
Did they say the planet they were on was called paradise I'd have to re-watch the trailer? And when do they NOT find dead engineers these days. Hell they found a live one in Prometheus and we STILL got nothing.

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
New trailer is :wow:, perfect time too since I just finished the original Alien comic series today, not a spoiler but just some similarities

in the comic am reading a group lands on a planet similar to this, they find a downed ship just like in this trailer , it was an engineer ship full of spores taking it somewhere to be destroyed, very Prometheus like, aliens attack etc and an engineer saves the last two people left during a scene kinda of like what's happening in this new trailer where the alien is banging his head on the glass. Well at that point it's revealed (telepathically through the engineer and one of the surviving chicks) that while the group has been gone from earth aliens have been taking over the whole planet

Link?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Did they say the planet they were on was called paradise I'd have to re-watch the trailer? And when do they NOT find dead engineers these days. Hell they found a live one in Prometheus and we STILL got nothing.
I think they did but I may be wrong, I'm at work just going off memory. I also believe the original title for Prometheus or the sequel was going to be called alien: paradise. I think in this film we will find out what the engineers were really running from (I don't think it was aliens)

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

1985376-06.jpg

Alien outbreak happens much like a the class zombie movie outbreak

Cool thing you learn is that the alien queens are the only ones that lay eggs (which we already kinda knew from the movies) but what they reveal in this issue is that the aliens are some how all connected to the queen so she knows at the rate her colony is being killed and just increases the production of her eggs and also lays more eggs containing other queens :wow:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
1985376-06.jpg

Alien outbreak happens much like a the class zombie movie outbreak

Cool thing you learn is that the alien queens are the only ones that lay eggs (which we already kinda knew from the movies) but what they reveal in this issue is that the aliens are some how all connected to the queen so she knows at the rate her colony is being killed and just increases the production of her eggs and also lays more eggs containing other queens :wow:
:patrice: i have that issue somewhere

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Out of the series, I've only seen Prometheus so I got real limited knowledge on the entire story. I'm trying to see where you thought they botched though or is that something I will just need to see in the OG films or the comics. I liked Prometheus but I could see where some people were saying they felt that they kind of shoehorned in the Xenomorphs at the end to tie it together.
Manm you gotta watch Alien and Aliens. Alien is the first movie, and it's probably the best sci-fi/horror flick ever, and Aliens is one of the greatest sequels of all time, and it set the bar for action/sci-fi.

When you see both movies, you'll realize how much stuff bit their styles. Also, the special effects in both movies (1979 and 1986) hold up, and IMO Aliens looks better than most movies that come out these days.