Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
You want them to keep the Aliens more hidden?
I think a lot of people want that, but the curtain has been pulled back. There's so much footage between official and fan art/work, that you can't put that genie back in the bottle. I like the concept of putting the creature back in the shadows, but what was cool about the first one was that you didn't really know exactly what it looked like, or how big it was, etc. You could try to trick people with doing that again, but it won't fool anyone, because we all know exactly what it looks like.

So I agree with you in that it's not plausible. Also, the studios in 201 would never go for that sort of thing. It's such an iconic movie villain/monster that no studio exec is going to sign off on keeping it in the dark. But that being said, I also understand why hardcore fans of the series would like the series to return to more of a minimalist style where the alien is more of that sexual demon hidden in the shadows.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Are they going to reveal something in one these movies? The storyline is going nowhere they just keep ending up in places with Aliens. Is that what this is now?
At this point I imagine they're just gong to try their best. I hate to say it, but I think it's very possible that Damon Lindelof botched the Prometheus writing so bad that it might be hard to make it make sense at all, let alone in this one movie. I imagine they'll try and make it make sense. A huge mistake IMO was having Prometheus take place on a different planet that Alien and Aliens. They should've just had it be LV-426, and I don't know if the planet in this movie is LV-426 or not (I doubt it, since 426 was a rock planet and this is an earth-like planet, maybe the Engineer home world?) then the will again after this film have to get the audience to LV-426 for a true direct Alien prequel.

At this point I wouldn't even try to do a direct Alien prequel, and I would just venture into a new direction. The problem is that Damon Lindelof was brought in to help the Prometheus writing and convinced them to make it less of a direct Alien prequel, and a lot of people like Prometheus, despite its flaws. So now you have fans that are split, and some people want things to focus more on the classic Xenomorph aliens, and others want it to focus more on the Engineers and the Neomorph aliens. So they've got to bridge that gap and/or pick a direction, either in this movie or the next one.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I just googled the definition of covenant:

covenant definition. Literally, a contract. In the Bible, an agreement between God and his people, in which God makes promises to his people and, usually, requires certain conduct from them

:yeshrug:Maybe they'll explore this idea

Yeah and that ties into something I noticed from the trailer. It says the path to paradise starts in hell. Now of course that sounds cool but also the original title of the movie was supposed to be Paradise. And one of my favorite books is Dante's inferno, which is the first part of a trilogy. The second book is Purgatorio and the third? Paradiso. The only way for dante to get to paradise was to walk through hell and purgatory

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Are they going to reveal something in one these movies? The storyline is going nowhere they just keep ending up in places with Aliens. Is that what this is now?
This is like the same plot as the other one except there's more Alien.
The short haired chick is prob going to end up as the lone survivor :manny:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I want the engineers to be explored more

New trailer is :wow:, perfect time too since I just finished the original Alien comic series today, not a spoiler but just some similarities

in the comic am reading a group lands on a planet similar to this, they find a downed ship just like in this trailer , it was an engineer ship full of spores taking it somewhere to be destroyed, very Prometheus like, aliens attack etc and an engineer saves the last two people left during a scene kinda of like what's happening in this new trailer where the alien is banging his head on the glass. Well at that point it's revealed (telepathically through the engineer and one of the surviving chicks) that while the group has been gone from earth aliens have been taking over the whole planet

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
New trailer is :wow:, perfect time too since I just finished the original Alien comic series today, not a spoiler but just some similarities

in the comic am reading a group lands on a planet similar to this, they find a downed ship just like in this trailer , it was an engineer ship full of spores taking it somewhere to be destroyed, very Prometheus like, aliens attack etc and an engineer saves the last two people left during a scene kinda of like what's happening in this new trailer where the alien is banging his head on the glass. Well at that point it's revealed (telepathically through the engineer and one of the surviving chicks) that while the group has been gone from earth aliens have been taking over the whole planet

Damn if the movie is anything like you just wrote then I'm all in

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The new trailer clearly shows a scene with what looks like dead engineers everywhere and I'm pretty sure the engineer planet was called paradise, they're going somewhere with the story they just haven't shown it in the trailers.

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
At this point I imagine they're just gong to try their best. I hate to say it, but I think it's very possible that Damon Lindelof botched the Prometheus writing so bad that it might be hard to make it make sense at all, let alone in this one movie. I imagine they'll try and make it make sense. A huge mistake IMO was having Prometheus take place on a different planet that Alien and Aliens. They should've just had it be LV-426, and I don't know if the planet in this movie is LV-426 or not (I doubt it, since 426 was a rock planet and this is an earth-like planet, maybe the Engineer home world?) then the will again after this film have to get the audience to LV-426 for a true direct Alien prequel.

At this point I wouldn't even try to do a direct Alien prequel, and I would just venture into a new direction. The problem is that Damon Lindelof was brought in to help the Prometheus writing and convinced them to make it less of a direct Alien prequel, and a lot of people like Prometheus, despite its flaws. So now you have fans that are split, and some people want things to focus more on the classic Xenomorph aliens, and others want it to focus more on the Engineers and the Neomorph aliens. So they've got to bridge that gap and/or pick a direction, either in this movie or the next one.

Out of the series, I've only seen Prometheus so I got real limited knowledge on the entire story. I'm trying to see where you thought they botched though or is that something I will just need to see in the OG films or the comics. I liked Prometheus but I could see where some people were saying they felt that they kind of shoehorned in the Xenomorphs at the end to tie it together.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Out of the series, I've only seen Prometheus so I got real limited knowledge on the entire story. I'm trying to see where you thought they botched though or is that something I will just need to see in the OG films or the comics. I liked Prometheus but I could see where some people were saying they felt that they kind of shoehorned in the Xenomorphs at the end to tie it together.
Breh you definitely should watch alien and aliens

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're doing yourself a major disservice to not at the very least watch alien and aliens to catch up breh. Prometheus was very mediocre even and especially for people that know the backstory of the other films. I wanted to love that movie and I just can't bring myself to really enjoy it.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yeah and that ties into something I noticed from the trailer. It says the path to paradise starts in hell. Now of course that sounds cool but also the original title of the movie was supposed to be Paradise. And one of my favorite books is Dante's inferno, which is the first part of a trilogy. The second book is Purgatorio and the third? Paradiso. The only way for dante to get to paradise was to walk through hell and purgatory
There was tons of religious allegory and symbolism in Prometheus as well, engineer Jesus and such.

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
Breh you definitely should watch alien and aliens

You're doing yourself a major disservice to not at the very least watch alien and aliens to catch up breh. Prometheus was very mediocre even and especially for people that know the backstory of the other films. I wanted to love that movie and I just can't bring myself to really enjoy it.

Went ahead and ordered the quadrilogy off Amazon. I don't know why I've never sat down and watched the first two, always heard good things about them.