Professor Emeritus: "Kobe was never clearly the best in any season of his career"

Was Kobe ever clearly the best player in the league?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Because they were peers.

Again....the idea that Kobe was considered the clear cut best player in the league is a lie that many of you using the passing of time are filling the gap with revisionist history. It was a clear debate around who was the best player in the league around that time.

NO NIKE HAD A LOT
OF MONEY INVESTED IN THOSE 2
SO IT MADE THE MOST SINCE
TO PAIR THEM OPPOSITE OF EACH OTHER.

THEY BOTH HAD THE TOP SEEDS
IN THEIR CONFERENCES SO IT
WASNT ROCKET SCIENCE
TO PUSH FOR A FINALS MATCH UP.

:devil:
:evil:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This is why I have no respect for Bron stans.

If you follow their posts on here, every thing they do is try to tear down greatness of other players and achievements. They don't want any other greatness to be acknowledged other than Bron. They try to undermine literally everything in basketball to fit their narrative, right down to underrating Bron's team mates, and overrating other GOATs team mates.

They do this with Jordan, Kobe, Wilt, Magic, 90s basketball, and immediately start shytting on current players who look like threats to Bron's winning

It's such a miserable view of basketball. Everything filtered through one basketball player. They ain't even basketball fans, they're Bron fans. It's disgusting :scust:
The hilarious thing is that this clearly describes Kobe stans. They talk about Gasol like he was ass and bring up smush parker to excuse Kobe missing the playoffs in his prime followed by two first round exits. One of which he blew a 3-1 lead and quit the second of game 7.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
The hilarious thing is that this clearly describes Kobe stans. They talk about Gasol like he was ass and bring up smush parker to excuse Kobe missing the playoffs in his prime followed by two first round exits. One of which he blew a 3-1 lead and quit the second of game 7.
The Lakers never missed the playoffs when Smush was on the roster.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
You were a teenager then. Sit this one one.

2006- Shaq was first team all nba. The heat nikka. The heat.

2007 - Dirk was the MVp :pachaha: KG considered probably the best 2 way player in the league being wasted in Minnesota. There’s a reason why it was called a super team when he wen to Boston.

2008- you just babbling

2009 — another year with multiple people being considered the best player not just kobe

2010 — Bron was probably the better player, but he lost and Kobe won and was the face of that lakers team.

And despite all that babbling you did at no point were you able to make an argument that Kobe was head and shoulders the best player in the league.

:mjlol:

Nah you was the teenager :pachaha:

Declining heat shaq wasn’t never considered the best player in the nba , he wasn’t the best player on his own team tf are you talking about :mjlol:

Kobe despite not winning mvps was still considered the best in the league his teams were mid.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This thread is wild.

People truly believe at no point in his career was Kobe considered the best player in the league. That shyt is amazing to me.

I truly believe yall argue just to argue because this is probably one of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard on the Coli.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Bro use to drop gems and be a dope poster. Last few years he seeks saying shyt to irk and start drama.

He's a smart dude tho

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This thread is wild.

People truly believe at no point in his career was Kobe considered the best player in the league. That shyt is amazing to me.

I truly believe yall argue just to argue because this is probably one of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard on the Coli.
The window it could be argued in is 2006-08. Each of those years there was at least one other guy who could make the claim too.