Professor Emeritus: "Kobe was never clearly the best in any season of his career"

Was Kobe ever clearly the best player in the league?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
He has Jordan as the GOAT, breh:dead:.

And MJ practically entered the league as a finished product, so saying he reached his prime by year 2-3 isn't an outlandish take.

He wasn't like LeBron where he entered into the league as a pretty whack defender and an inconsistent shooter. He sharpened up his defense a little, crispened up his middy, and the rest is history.

:what: Get your dikkriding goofy ass out my alerts

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yet that Suns team was still more talented than that Lakers team. Brian Cook, Smush Parker and Chris Mihm/Kwame Brown were starters.

:dead:
Sure they were more talented, but it wasn’t some cavernous margin on par with comparing the Shaq & Kobe lakers to the nets in the finals. Diaw was the only other suns player to average more than 2.8 assists per game and Shawn Marion was the only other suns player to average even 15 points on the year. Kurt Thomas starter 50 games. James Jones played in 75 games and started 24 of them. Funny enough the lakers had a top 10 offense that season but it was their defense that was their weaker end. 8th in offense and 15th in defense while Phoenix was 2nd in offense and 16th in defense.

NotAHotep

Pro
Daps
This is why I have no respect for Bron stans.

If you follow their posts on here, every thing they do is try to tear down greatness of other players and achievements. They don't want any other greatness to be acknowledged other than Bron. They try to undermine literally everything in basketball to fit their narrative, right down to underrating Bron's team mates, and overrating other GOATs team mates.

They do this with Jordan, Kobe, Wilt, Magic, 90s basketball, and immediately start shytting on current players who look like threats to Bron's winning

It's such a miserable view of basketball. Everything filtered through one basketball player. They ain't even basketball fans, they're Bron fans. It's disgusting :scust:
I see fans of Jordan & Kobe do the same with LeBron.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unfortunately for Kobe, three things hurt his career.

1) He got to win three rings early on but, people dishonestly say Shaq carried him when Shaq did absolutely nothing from 97-2000 in LA. He needed Kobe. And he needed Kobe to be a 1B type player. We don't disrespect Curry, Wade or Kyrie for not getting the Finals MVP but, Kobe gets disrespected constantly.

2) The rape case. White America never forgave him for "assaulting" that white girl. He should've won 2-3 MVPs which would bolster his career but, cacs would've died before allowing it to happen.

3) LeBron. The NBA got the superstar that they needed to replace Kobe. I lived through the era. LeBron wasn't considered the GOAT of anything before 2012. He was looked at like Peyton Manning was......like he's good but, can he win? Why does he shrink in the playoffs? Kobe was the top guy in those years but, because LeBron eventually won, now dikkeating Bron Stans try to retroactively go back and pretend he was always the top guy in the 2000s.

The reality is Kobe was the best player from 2005ish to 2010ish. And from 2000 to 2005, he was anywhere from top 5 to top 3.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So now MVP determines who the best player is, huh? :mjgrin:

They're so wack with their takes.

They'll argue that LeBron was better than Kobe in 2008, 2009, 2010 because while Kobe was getting rings and going to the Finals, LeBron had the MVPs and "better stats".

But these same dikkheads were unwilling to accept that Giannis was better than LeBron in 2018, 2019, 2020 when their old argument applied as Giannis now had the MVP awards and better stats and all LeBron had was going to the Finals.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
They're so wack with their takes.

They'll argue that LeBron was better than Kobe in 2008, 2009, 2010 because while Kobe was getting rings and going to the Finals, LeBron had the MVPs and "better stats".

But these same dikkheads were unwilling to accept that Giannis was better than LeBron in 2018, 2019, 2020 when their old argument applied as Giannis now had the MVP awards and better stats and all LeBron had was going to the Finals.
You can be a better player while another is on a championship team.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why I have no respect for Bron stans.

If you follow their posts on here, every thing they do is try to tear down greatness of other players and achievements. They don't want any other greatness to be acknowledged other than Bron. They try to undermine literally everything in basketball to fit their narrative, right down to underrating Bron's team mates, and overrating other GOATs team mates.

They do this with Jordan, Kobe, Wilt, Magic, 90s basketball, and immediately start shytting on current players who look like threats to Bron's winning

It's such a miserable view of basketball. Everything filtered through one basketball player. They ain't even basketball fans, they're Bron fans. It's disgusting :scust:

I was watching a video on Barkley last night, the 1993 Finals. He was nasty out there :whew: It kinda made me sad for him. People don't remember how nice he truly was because he ran into Jordan in his prime. Bron Stans wouldn't have even watched the video. They don't like basketball.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, these votes need to be made public. fukk that private shyt

Because I'm sure most of the voters saying "no" are fans of a certain player from a certain community

Not suprised by @Osmosis and @cobra :mjlol:

ufdup.png

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
3) LeBron. The NBA got the superstar that they needed to replace Kobe. I lived through the era. LeBron wasn't considered the GOAT of anything before 2012. He was looked at like Peyton Manning was......like he's good but, can he win? Why does he shrink in the playoffs? Kobe was the top guy in those years but, because LeBron eventually won, now dikkeating Bron Stans try to retroactively go back and pretend he was always the top guy in the 2000s.

The reality is Kobe was the best player from 2005ish to 2010ish. And from 2000 to 2005, he was anywhere from top 5 to top 3.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

WHEN BRON WON THOSE MVPS
NO ONE THOUGHT HE WAS ACTUALLY
BETTER THAN KOBE.

THE CAVS HAD THE BEST RECORD
IN THE LEAGUE AND USUALLY
THE BEST PLAYER ON THE BEST TEAM
GOT MVP SO NOBODY WAS TRIPPING.

NO ONE THOUGHT A.I. OR DUNCAN
WERE BETTER THAN SHAQ WHEN
THEY WON MVPS.

NO ONE THOUGHT KG WAS THE BEST
PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE THE YR HE WON MVP.

NO ONE THOUGHT NASH WAS
THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE
IN HIS MVP YEARS.

THE SAME FOR BARKLEY/MALONE
MVPS OVER JORDAN

IT WAS ALL NARRATIVE/RECORD BASED
AND THAT WAS COOL.

NOW nikkaS GOING BACK,
PULLING UP MVP VOTES AND shyt
LIKE THE PPL WHO WERE THERE
IN REAL TIME DONT REMEMBER
KOBE WAS VIEWED AS THE BEST PLAYER
IN THE LEAGUE DURING THAT PERIOD.
:devil:
:evil:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I was watching a video on Barkley last night, the 1993 Finals. He was nasty out there :whew: It kinda made me sad for him. People don't remember how nice he truly was because he ran into Jordan in his prime. Bron Stans wouldn't have even watched the video. They don't like basketball.
This typecasting is dumb shyt. How far down the rabbit hole do you have to go to think folks who thought Bron was the better player couldn’t appreciate Barkley work in 93?

What type of dumb ass leap is this? :mindblown: