Professor Emeritus: "Kobe was never clearly the best in any season of his career"

Was Kobe ever clearly the best player in the league?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

broller

Veteran
Daps
Dudes really pretending that Kobe was clear cut the best player in the league during that time when there were arguments during that time. And to think otherwise, you wouldn't have been able to appreciate how Barkley played vs Jordan in 93'!!! :laff:

Weirdos in here....

Facts. Some of these cats here remind me of MAGA folks on twitter. The mental gymnastics and decisions some of them do/have...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
2005-06 Kobe was the undisputed best player in the league. So he is wrong and so are you.
What were people saying about Dirk or Duncan in the 2005-06 season? They had to be saying something, right? Duncan was in the middle of a 3-in-5 title run and Dirk was in the middle of a dominant run leading his franchise to its first Finals...

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Facts. Some of these cats here remind me of MAGA folks on twitter. The mental gymnastics and decisions some of them do/have...
Trump supporter behavior, dog.

Been calling it just that for a while

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How was he not the best player in 2006?
Because Lebron was better that year.
And Dirk had an argument for being as valuable as Kobe that year.

You can make any argument you want. But there's literally no season in which you could definitively say Kobe was the best in the league.

Unfortunately basketball fans will never stop thinking that PPG = best. No matter how many times people explain to them all the contexts and variables that paint a clearer picture.

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Because Lebron was better that year.
And Dirk had an argument for being as valuable as Kobe that year.

You can make any argument you want. But there's literally no season in which you could definitively day Kobe was the best in the league.

Unfortunately basketball fans will never get stop thinking that PPG = best. No matter how many times people explain to them all the contexts and variables that paint a clearer picture.
Along with the PPG stanning, these dudes also are unable or unwilling to objectively evaluate Kobe compared to his peers. Going back to a child, people always conflated his presence and popularity with his actual play or where he stands in relation to his peers...

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Along with the PPG stanning, these dudes also are unable or unwilling to objectively evaluate Kobe compared to his peers. Going back to a child, people always conflated his presence and popularity with his actual play or where he stands in relation to his peers...
Kobe stans are insecure.

Was Kobe a great player in 2006?
100%. Yes he was.

He wouldn't have been my choice for MVP but if he DID win it, he would have been a fine choice. I'm not saying he wasn't great.

But how many times do we have to go thru this shyt?
These stans insist their Dear Leader was an 11 out of 10 and if you say...yeah he was really more like an 8 out of 10, which is still great...they get so butthurt.

What a bunch of little bytches.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
No point in talking about Kobe with these dumbass in the house ass nikkas.
Youre the c00n aas negro who constantly co-signed and gave passes to an anti-Black Arab in @Sccit because you both hate Bron.

You got hella fukking nerve to suddenly use Blackness around this debate when your dumb ass had no problem dapping up a piece of shyt racist.

fukk outta here, c00n. You hate LeBron so much, even being a racist wasn’t a dealbreaker for your soft toe ass.

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
What were people saying about Dirk or Duncan in the 2005-06 season? They had to be saying something, right? Duncan was in the middle of a 3-in-5 title run and Dirk was in the middle of a dominant run leading his franchise to its first Finals...
Duncan who wasn’t even top 5 in MVP voting and All NBA 2nd team with Elton Brand that year? That Duncan. He turned up in the playoffs but they still got upset by the Mavs in the WCSF.

Dirk though was a different story. And I’d put LeBron up there that year to

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

YOU POST LIKE SOMEONE WHO WASNT
WATCHING BALL DURING THIS TIME.

AT NO POINT IN THEIR PRIMES
WAS DIRK EVER SEEN AS A BETTER PLAYER
THAN KOBE BRYANT.

THE SPURS BIG 3 WERE ALL IN THEIR PRIMES
AT THAT POINT SO DUNCAN WASN'T
CARRYING shyt ANYMORE.

ANYBODY MENTIONING 3RD YR LEBRON
DEFINITELY SHOULDN'T BE IN THIS THREAD.
:devil:
:evil:

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Kobe stans are insecure.

Was Kobe a great player in 2006?
100%. Yes he was.

He wouldn't have been my choice for MVP but if he DID win it, he would have been a fine choice. I'm not saying he wasn't great.

But how many times do we have to go thru this shyt?
These stans insist their Dear Leader was an 11 out of 10 and if you say...yeah he was really more like an 8 out of 10, which is still great...they get so butthurt.

What a bunch of little bytches.
You’re talking about bytches but you’re throwing your 1000th temper tantrum about Kobe or his fans. Give it a rest

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Youre the c00n aas negro who constantly co-signed and gave passes to an anti-Black Arab in @Sccit because you both hate Bron.

You got hella fukking nerve to suddenly use Blackness around this debate when your dumb ass had no problem dapping up a piece of shyt racist.

fukk outta here, c00n. You hate LeBron so much, even being a racist wasn’t a dealbreaker for your soft toe ass.

You're a washed old head from Brooklyn that hates MJ, passive aggressively hates Kobe and sucks Bron's dikk. Nothing less nothing more. Only on The Coli is a washed old head from Brooklyn an authority on who's a Laker fan and Kobe was never the best player in the league. Ain't nobody spending their Sunday going back and forth with you loser ass nikkas. Now I'm a c00n because I think Kobe had a run as the best in the league? You're 60 years old and u live off your fukking wife. fukking loser.

edit: You're a fake ass African too. Lying about beating up nikkas in Nigeria. I'll be out there for xmas/new years, come fukk with me and we'll see who's really heavy out there u fukking fraudulent goof.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I think Kobe overall is overrated but it’s some terrible fukking posts in here

1. Dirk being better than Kobe was never a serious conversation during that period ,and to say that people only preferred Kobe to Dirk because of PPG is a joke because Dirk wasn’t seeing Kobe on the defensive end or as playmaker and Kobe HATED to pass ..That’s just a goofy argument to make .

2.Tim all time ranks higher than Kobe in my opinion but 2005-7 was around Tim started to slip a little he wasn’t 2000 Tim but he was still great …The narrative around the spurs was they were an all time great team with an all time great coach .

3.”Kobe can’t be seen as the best player in the league after losing a 3-1 lead “

:gucci:

The player some of you guys are trying to prop up …Dirk… was swept by a 8th seed

The best player in league a few years later (Bron) flat out choked in the NBA finals over several games…and he was standing next to a top 10 player

Kareem was seen as the best player in the league by old heads and that nikka was out here straight up not making the playoffs

This narrative/agenda shyt some of yall got going on makes posting on the coli ass

Last edited: