Prodigy (R.I.P.) - The Hegelian Dialectic (Part 2: The Book Of Heroine) (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I trust both of them over anyone who has ever been involved in Pac's posthumous music, including Em. In theory do I want to hear unfinished music or verses stitched together? No. But let's see how it plays out.

Alchemist said he has tons of unreleased shyt, and you know Hav does too. I'm guessing most of it is finished material. That's the stuff I want to hear.
Absolutely.

Alchemist and Havoc aren't gonna give us some bullshyt Prodigy stuff at this point. I don't think we're looking at a Tupac situation here.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I understood what he was saying about hospitals, but I think he could have articulated it better. My mom is a nurse and has worked in hospitals for years as well, and she speaks about this a fair amount.

Yes, if you have a serious medical issue, you need to go to the hospital.

However, hospitals are full of germs, and full of sick people, and if you are in a hospital with a weakened immune system, in a strange way...it is sort of a place where you are more likely to die. Statistically speaking, you are most likely to die in a hospital, so I see the logic in trying to avoid them if possible. So if I have a super weak immune system and I have to be hospitalized, I'm technically more likely to get a deadly infection due to the germs there. Also, negligent and/or incompetent nurses are an issue. Alchemist also made a good point about if you are in the hospital and very sick, it is best to have a family member or friend there near you to make sure you're okay if something crazy happens. Also, too many people use the hospital when they should find a primary care physician or even an urgent care.

However, even with all this said, you need to go to the hospital if you have a serious issue, and I don't think people should start avoiding hospitals because they're scare of them.

TL;DR I think we agree.

edit: BTW that Alchemist podcast is a full 2 hours and the whole thing drops on 3/27
I agree with everything you just wrote.

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
I understood what he was saying about hospitals, but I think he could have articulated it better. My mom is a nurse and has worked in hospitals for years as well, and she speaks about this a fair amount.

Yes, if you have a serious medical issue, you need to go to the hospital.

However, hospitals are full of germs, and full of sick people, and if you are in a hospital with a weakened immune system, in a strange way...it is sort of a place where you are more likely to die. Statistically speaking, you are most likely to die in a hospital, so I see the logic in trying to avoid them if possible. So if I have a super weak immune system and I have to be hospitalized, I'm technically more likely to get a deadly infection due to the germs there. Also, negligent and/or incompetent nurses are an issue. Alchemist also made a good point about if you are in the hospital and very sick, it is best to have a family member or friend there near you to make sure you're okay if something crazy happens. Also, too many people use the hospital when they should find a primary care physician or even an urgent care.

However, even with all this said, you need to go to the hospital if you have a serious issue, and I don't think people should start avoiding hospitals because they're scare of them.

TL;DR I think we agree.

edit: BTW that Alchemist podcast is a full 2 hours and the whole thing drops on 3/27

You could really hear the anger in Alchemist voice when he spoke about his view of hospitals. Like he still couldn't believe Prodigy actually died from accidental choking inside a hospital. Knowing your friend died from some bullshyt inside the fukking hospital will change your views about hospitals :mjcry:

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I'm in such hurt and pain about this shyt. I went on Google Music because I was in the mood to listen to this album. It's no where to be seen. It's been removed. Anyone knows why? I don't think it's on iTunes anymore either.

It kinda hit home when I read the Wikipedia entry and it's said this was Prodigy's fifth and FINAL album. We ain't gonna get the other two entries in this series :mjcry:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
I'm in such hurt and pain about this shyt. I went on Google Music because I was in the mood to listen to this album. It's no where to be seen. It's been removed. Anyone knows why? I don't think it's on iTunes anymore either.

It kinda hit home when I read the Wikipedia entry and it's said this was Prodigy's fifth and FINAL album. We ain't gonna get the other two entries in this series :mjcry:
His daughter said they were working out on putting both volumes out at the end of this year and there's still two months left.:yeshrug::blessed:

:mjcry:

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps

Don’t know why but they pulled his entire solo catalog except for Albert Einstein & Return Of The Mac off Apple Music and I’m guessing other streaming platforms little while back

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Don’t know why but they pulled his entire solo catalog except for Albert Einstein & Return Of The Mac off Apple Music and I’m guessing other streaming platforms little while back

Perhaps a lapse in platform/streaming site fees, licensing, publishing cost upkeep etc? I don’t know the intricacies of the industry in that respect tbh. AE and ROTM are both Alchemist so he most likely has a larger involvement in the back end of those albums, hence their availability perhaps?

There’s certainly been not much discussion regarding upcoming releases. P’s former engineer played a snippet of book 2 and it had ‘three stories pt.2’. Fire.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

I just checked for it on my Apple Music playlist and it's been removed there too, except for one song (Tyrrany).

:mjcry:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I asked his engineer (Joe) a couple months ago about the volume 2 and 3, he said they was waiting for "legal and clearance issues to get resolved"...
We really need some new P for 2018 :mjcry:
:psalute:
As for the streaming...that's why I buy CDs or download MP3s. :Pshades:

I feel the pain of my streaming brethren though :Peasy:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
See. That's the drawback to fukking with these streaming platforms. shyt can be pulled at any moment. People need to start buying shyt again.
No doubt.

I mean I have physicals of P's work and mp3s on my hard drive, but having it on the phone was easy. If something is on a streaming platform and I think it has a chance of being pulled (rare indie projects and what not) then I usually download it to my phone in case the streaming files get pulled. With P though for some reason he didn't seem like someone whose projects would get pulled down. I assumed albums like HNIC would just stay up there.

It's ironic his projects with Alchemist are still up. If anything I'd assume a project like Albert Einstein would get yanked off streaming before a project like HNIC.

shopant

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No doubt.

I mean I have physicals of P's work and mp3s on my hard drive, but having it on the phone was easy. If something is on a streaming platform and I think it has a chance of being pulled (rare indie projects and what not) then I usually download it to my phone in case the streaming files get pulled. With P though for some reason he didn't seem like someone whose projects would get pulled down. I assumed albums like HNIC would just stay up there.

It's ironic his projects with Alchemist are still up. If anything I'd assume a project like Albert Einstein would get yanked off streaming before a project like HNIC.
As long as something is somewhere online, it can be pulled down any time. That's the reality, but most people don't think about it until it happens :ufdup: