Prodigy (R.I.P.) - The Hegelian Dialectic (Part 2: The Book Of Heroine) (Discussion Thread)

shopant

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where's tha rest of the interview lol? How can you cut it off in the middle of a conversation like that. :martin:

I fukking hate YouTube personalities they just don't know how to execute their content.

From the youtube video descrition:

This is the first clip from the 2 hour sit down with legendary Producer/DJ Alchemist.

AUDIO DROPS 3/27/18
FULL VIDEO DROPS 4/1/18

In this clip Alchemist opens up about his relationship with prodigy & explains where it all started!!

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
From the youtube video descrition:

This is the first clip from the 2 hour sit down with legendary Producer/DJ Alchemist.

AUDIO DROPS 3/27/18
FULL VIDEO DROPS 4/1/18

In this clip Alchemist opens up about his relationship with prodigy & explains where it all started!!
:blessed::salute:

Why not pay for promoting the content on various blog sites and then drop the video and audio at the same time like damn near every other podcast. In two 3 weeks I won't even remember this interview even happened or care. Terrible business sense many people have these days.

shopant

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:blessed::salute:

Why not pay for promoting the content on various blog sites and then drop the video and audio at the same time like damn near every other podcast. In two 3 weeks I won't even remember this interview even happened or care. Terrible business sense many people have these days.
Idk, who cares :yeshrug:

But Im gonna check it for sure!

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
And who is that Chinese dude next to Alchemist? They laughed at the one line he said :russ:
I have no idea. :prodigylol:
I disagree with ALC about hospitals, if you have a serious medical problem you need to go to the hospital, but he's right that if you are in there dealing with a long-term problem (cancer) you need an advocate with you.

Seems ALC went through it with his father and then lost P in a hospital :mjcry:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Jive and Loud?
After that, but I don't think they were signed directly when they were on Jive and Loud is a boutique independant like Death Row and Bad Boy with major label push. The higher ups at both never believed in them properly. They treat black artists like experiments.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
After that, but I don't think they were signed directly when they were on Jive and Loud is a boutique independant like Death Row and Bad Boy with major label push. The higher ups at both never believed in them properly. They treat black artists like experiments.
They were signed directly to Jive.
Loud was a subsidiary of RCA was my understanding. I think Steve Rifkind believed in them. I don’t think Jive gave a fukk about them.
Any label that has a deal or relationship with a major (like Loud) i wouldn’t consider independent. Independent to me is No Limit in the Bay before the deal.
I never considered Priority an independent either.
To my knowledge, they weren’t signed to any label in between Jive and G Unit/Shady/Aftermath/Interscope.
They did release the Free Agents Project in between Loud and Jive on Landspeed.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Hopefully havoc and the alchemist have some influence over the quality of unreleased prodigy music.
I trust both of them over anyone who has ever been involved in Pac's posthumous music, including Em. In theory do I want to hear unfinished music or verses stitched together? No. But let's see how it plays out.

Alchemist said he has tons of unreleased shyt, and you know Hav does too. I'm guessing most of it is finished material. That's the stuff I want to hear.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I have no idea. :prodigylol:
I disagree with ALC about hospitals, if you have a serious medical problem you need to go to the hospital, but he's right that if you are in there dealing with a long-term problem (cancer) you need an advocate with you.

Seems ALC went through it with his father and then lost P in a hospital :mjcry:
I understood what he was saying about hospitals, but I think he could have articulated it better. My mom is a nurse and has worked in hospitals for years as well, and she speaks about this a fair amount.

Yes, if you have a serious medical issue, you need to go to the hospital.

However, hospitals are full of germs, and full of sick people, and if you are in a hospital with a weakened immune system, in a strange way...it is sort of a place where you are more likely to die. Statistically speaking, you are most likely to die in a hospital, so I see the logic in trying to avoid them if possible. So if I have a super weak immune system and I have to be hospitalized, I'm technically more likely to get a deadly infection due to the germs there. Also, negligent and/or incompetent nurses are an issue. Alchemist also made a good point about if you are in the hospital and very sick, it is best to have a family member or friend there near you to make sure you're okay if something crazy happens. Also, too many people use the hospital when they should find a primary care physician or even an urgent care.

However, even with all this said, you need to go to the hospital if you have a serious issue, and I don't think people should start avoiding hospitals because they're scare of them.

TL;DR I think we agree.

edit: BTW that Alchemist podcast is a full 2 hours and the whole thing drops on 3/27