Prodigy (R.I.P.) - The Hegelian Dialectic (Part 2: The Book Of Heroine) (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
He made it a hot line... :prodigylol:
:heh: Pardon me I had to laugh at that...

EDIT: You know I just wanted to make another Jay-Z reference, friend!

0331c02f1eeb17c6f281649f7c605c9e.png

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I get what he's saying though. Sometimes great rappers don't make great albums. :yeshrug:
I don't think he's saying post fall off P is better than prime P though.

As for this album, yeah he's using the zombie flow :prodigylol:
But lyrically I think he's saying a lot of interesting shyt
Exactly.

Dudes in here tripping talking about this PEE better than 95 PEE :russ: or 95 PEE wouldnt sound dope as a solo artist:what:

Ill take his last verse of GUTG over all his shyt since HNIC

Having said that, this is a pretty cool album, beats are dope, flow and lyrics still lazy af.

You know that saying "If you can;t have the one you love, love the one you're with?"

:yeshrug:

It's like that.

It might just be sour grapes. If HOE era Prodigy dropped a solo album produced by Havoc I guarantee it would be in my top 10 favorite albums of all time. HOE era Prodigy is probably my favorite rapper of all time.

Even though P's flow fell off so much after HNIC and Murda Muzik, and besides Albert Einstein, never sounded all that rejuvenated, I think I still would probably give P the award for "the most average rapper that makes the best albums."

There have been threads on here before comparing P's solo discography with Jadakiss', and Jadakiss post 2000 (HNIC/Murda Muzik) has been a better rapper than Prodigy according to most, but anytime those threads pop up, P always wins the discography argument.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
He kinda weak on beats now imo

would rather hear him over an Alc beat nowdays .... and I dunno who these cats are that produced on this album here but they all came through hard

Beat Butcha is the only one I know of. He's pretty underrated. He did the last 2 tracks on Sean Price's last solo album (Mic Tyson) and he did some dope joints for Lloyd Banks, Mobb Deep, Jadakiss, Currensy, and Danny Brown over the past few years. Pretty sure he's from the Netherlands.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Beat Butcha is the only one I know of. He's pretty underrated. He did the last 2 tracks on Sean Price's last solo album (Mic Tyson) and he did some dope joints for Lloyd Banks, Mobb Deep, Jadakiss, Currensy, and Danny Brown over the past few years. Pretty sure he's from the Netherlands.

Timeless :ahh:

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth

do you know who did the "snakes" beat?

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
I kinda think of P pre and post Murda Muzik as two different emcees. One was the one best to ever to do it, the other makes dope solo albums that stand out from most modern day garbage. Works for me :yeshrug:

That's the way I approach it too, But I consider H.N.I.C the last project of Prime Prodigy. It's crazy though. P not only slowed his flow and lyrics down but his voice completely changed

But like you said. P still bumping out dope albums!