Prodigy (R.I.P.) - The Hegelian Dialectic (Part 2: The Book Of Heroine) (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Brehs who fully digested this. Where would you rank it on P's solo catalog?
I gotta digest it more (and are you counting the Bumpy Johnson EP and LP?) but man, it might be behind Return of the Mac, Albert Einstein, and HNIC. Right now I have it around HNIC 2, but I honestly might like it more than that. Do you consider Product of the 80's a P solo album or a collab album with P, Twins, and Un Pacino?

This is definitely way better than HNIC 3 and Bump Johnson EP and Bump Johnson LP.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
P's been on a tear these past 10 years. Personally, I like him now more then I did in the 90s. I was never a big mobbb deep fan but ever since return of the mac P's been dropping heat.
As a pure bar for bar rapper, I will always love 1994-2000 Prodigy the best.

But...this may sound crazy, but I can't really hear Hell on Earth era Prodigy making a solo album. I guess he could have, but the way he rapped back then made him sound better in a duo IMO. It really made his voice and flow stand out. Hell on Earth was such a "black out" verse album that I'm not really convinced that it could even have been maintained for a long period of time.

Maybe if we had actually heard Hell on Earth era Prodigy do a solo album I might feel different, but I think the style he ended up morphing into became a more conducive style for solo projects.

So I definitely think that once I got used to the style he has now that it grew on me as far as solo projects, but it also inverted because the style he has now I like less for group projects.

So ironically I like the better old school Prodigy voice and flow for Mobb Deep and not so much his later style, but for solo albums I prefer his later style and not so much his old school style.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I gotta digest it more (and are you counting the Bumpy Johnson EP and LP?) but man, it might be behind Return of the Mac, Albert Einstein, and HNIC. Right now I have it around HNIC 2, but I honestly might like it more than that. Do you consider Product of the 80's a P solo album or a collab album with P, Twins, and Un Pacino?

This is definitely way better than HNIC 3 and Bump Johnson EP and Bump Johnson LP.
I think you can count all of them.
I haven't digested fully and I might feel different in a week, month or year, but right now I'm agreeing with you. It's feeing like it's gonna be #4. :wow:

Either way, I'm certain it's a worthy addition to the catalog.

I can't think of too many other rappers with a catalog since 2007 I like more. :yeshrug:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
As a pure bar for bar rapper, I will always love 1994-2000 Prodigy the best.

But...this may sound crazy, but I can't really hear Hell on Earth era Prodigy making a solo album. I guess he could have, but the way he rapped back then made him sound better in a duo IMO. It really made his voice and flow stand out. Hell on Earth was such a "black out" verse album that I'm not really convinced that it could even have been maintained for a long period of time.

Maybe if we had actually heard Hell on Earth era Prodigy do a solo album I might feel different, but I think the style he ended up morphing into became a more conducive style for solo projects.

So I definitely think that once I got used to the style he has now that it grew on me as far as solo projects, but it also inverted because the style he has now I like less for group projects.

So ironically I like the better old school Prodigy voice and flow for Mobb Deep and not so much his later style, but for solo albums I prefer his later style and not so much his old school style.
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still wonder what a pee album produced entirely by havoc would sound like.

no features from havoc, just him on the boards
He kinda weak on beats now imo

would rather hear him over an Alc beat nowdays .... and I dunno who these cats are that produced on this album here but they all came through hard

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
New album by Prodigy of Mobb Deep Suppose to be a three (trilogy) albums project! Front cover and tracklist for Part 1 below.

"The Book Of Revelation" (Part 1)
"The Book Of Heroine" (Part 2)
"The Book Of The Dead" (Part 3)

Tracklist "The Book Of Revelation" (Deluxe version):

01. Intro
02. Mystic (Produced by The Alchemist)
03. Broken Rappers
04. Tyrrany (Produced by El RTNC)
05. Mafukkin U$A
06. Mic - Rocosm
07. As If
08. New Balance
09. Snakes
10. The Good Fight
11. Mr. President
12. Spiritual War
13. No Religion
14. Hunger Pangs (feat. Ca$h Bilz)

EDIT: Stream is out, and it's unclear if the deluxe version will still be available. The deluxe version was suppose to have 4 bonus tracks.
The Book of Trash