Prodigy (R.I.P.) - The Hegelian Dialectic (Part 2: The Book Of Heroine) (Discussion Thread)

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
These videos are depressing. :mjcry:
P was 21 when he was recording Hell on earth. He wasn't even 30 when he did the remakes of the old shyt for the Free Agents album. His voice had changed dramatically. :mjcry:

How much was he smoking to change up his voice to that extent? :picard:

Yes the voice difference between Shook Ones from 95 and the freestyle on Free Agents in 2003 is crazy

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
So is P suggesting that 9/11 wasn't a terrorist attack with the introduction to Tyrrany? :jbhmm:
Does anyone know where the woman's voiceovers come from? :jbhmm:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
About as much as Alchemist. His voice is shot too. And as mentioned earlier, I'm sure the sickle cell doesn't help matters.
You might be right about sickle cell. I don't know how that works :yeshrug:
Government damn sure isn't funding research into it :scust:
There's gotta be a genetic component to it though :jbhmm:
Nas gotta smoke as much as them and his voice hasn't deteriorated like that

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So is P suggesting that 9/11 wasn't a terrorist attack with the introduction to Tyrrany? :jbhmm:
Does anyone know where the woman's voiceovers come from? :jbhmm:
Yea Prodigy has been big on the anti-government knowledge for over 10 years now, he was even on Alex Jones youtube show. This album is basically a build up of the last few years of knowledge hes picked up.

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't say prodigy voice has deteriorated, it just sounds deeper and clearer. I personally dont know why people are not feeling it as much as his old shyt, both styles are fukking hard

People gotta just take it for what it is and stop wishing for an older P to make a comeback, its 2017, hes a different man and hes blessing us with classics

Magnum P.I.M.P.

Tumultuous Splendor
Daps
Reppin
Orca's c*nt
Yea Prodigy has been big on the anti-government knowledge for over 10 years now, he was even on Alex Jones youtube show. This album is basically a build up of the last few years of knowledge hes picked up.

Yep. From 2000; 17 years ago. Time flies when you're shootin' cum (loads on bytches nipples).

Last edited:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly, thats how I see it too. 94-01 Prodigy, and Prodigy after that. The former was the GOAT imo. Had this lyrical quality where when his verse was playing you were captivated. New Prodigy took some time to get used to, and I still cringe listening to him sometimes but at least he has a great ear for beats and makes entertaining albums. Still a consistent rapper but shouldnt be compared to his old self. 95 Pee could have dropped an acapella album and it would have been incredible, let alone a Hav produced album.

Back to this album, right now Id have to say this is probably his third best album behind HNIC and ROTM.

To add to my previous comment, I also think the 'new' Prodigy is a better match with Alchemist than with Hav. If you look at his catalog post H.N.I.C., I think both Return of the Mac and Albert Einstein are better albums than for example Infamy or Amerikaz Nighmare,
It just works better with how he's been rhyming. They're not a better duo than Mobb Deep Infamous - Hell on Earth obviously.