Prodigy (R.I.P.) - The Hegelian Dialectic (Part 2: The Book Of Heroine) (Discussion Thread)

bigesco

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I kinda think of P pre and post Murda Muzik as two different emcees. One was the one best to ever to do it, the other makes dope solo albums that stand out from most modern day garbage. Works for me :yeshrug:

Exactly, thats how I see it too. 94-01 Prodigy, and Prodigy after that. The former was the GOAT imo. Had this lyrical quality where when his verse was playing you were captivated. New Prodigy took some time to get used to, and I still cringe listening to him sometimes but at least he has a great ear for beats and makes entertaining albums. Still a consistent rapper but shouldnt be compared to his old self. 95 Pee could have dropped an acapella album and it would have been incredible, let alone a Hav produced album.

Back to this album, right now Id have to say this is probably his third best album behind HNIC and ROTM.

Magnum P.I.M.P.

Tumultuous Splendor
Daps
Reppin
Orca's c*nt
That's the way I approach it too, But I consider H.N.I.C the last project of Prime Prodigy. It's crazy though. P not only slowed his flow and lyrics down but his voice completely changed

But like you said. P still bumping out dope albums!

You're comparing a kid's voice with a grown man's voice. I don't know how old you are, but when you're over 40 years old I guarantee you won't sound very similar to how you did when you were 18 or 20. Throw in the fact that Puffin' Parliament's Pee smokes about twelve cartons a day and it all makes perfect sense.

Magnum P.I.M.P.

Tumultuous Splendor
Daps
Reppin
Orca's c*nt

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
You're comparing a kid's voice with a grown man's voice. I don't know how old you are, but when you're over 40 years old I guarantee you won't sound very similar to how you did when you were 18 or 20. Throw in the fact that Puffin' Parliament's Pee smokes about twelve cartons a day and it all makes perfect sense.

That doesn't necessarily have to be the case. If you take Cormega for example, he doesn't sound exactly the same but very similar.

But yeah the smoking and the sickle cell is probably the cause

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got through my first listen, but i'll be damned if the first 30 minutes were not spent listening to Mystic and Broken Rappers:ohlawd:.
Just by their track names i knew P was gonna deliver. That 14 year old kid told P the real.

I get a new car Saturday, the CD better be in my hands in time to bless the whip.

First impressions .... different sounding P album, one that delivered the goods.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
That's the way I approach it too, But I consider H.N.I.C the last project of Prime Prodigy. It's crazy though. P not only slowed his flow and lyrics down but his voice completely changed

Interesting videos.

I never knew P re-raped over those beats

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
but im not buying alot of that...i understand the logic but when I imagine an album full of Apostles warning shyt i get amped.

coulda done a whole album with long ass verse songs like that. Think "Keep it Thoro" or "power Rap"...except an album full of them....in 1996/97 :wow:
Yeah it's definitely sour grapes, because when you phrase it that way, it makes me upset lol

:mjcry:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

These videos are depressing. :mjcry:
P was 21 when he was recording Hell on earth. He wasn't even 30 when he did the remakes of the old shyt for the Free Agents album. His voice had changed dramatically. :mjcry:

How much was he smoking to change up his voice to that extent? :picard: