Pro Black but Equal Oppurtunity Dater

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Quote my post about lightskin blacks not being black

*crickets*

Apparently, YOU can't read. Then again, what would anyone expect from someone calling a person who has a white parent "black"
I said they can identify as black and even work towards correcting black issues.

Rest of ur foolishness is in this thread. No need to address it.

Peace

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you dont even make sense anymore.
tell me what any of the things you said has to do with my initial point that you quoted.

Oh the one where you said biracial and mixed people shouldn't be involves in black movements? It all goes to identifying who is biracial or mixed in the first place. If you can't do that without them telling you or you hearing gossip what's the point? If they telling people they're mixed or biracial that's what they are and why should they be at the head of a black movement. If you are just basing it on what someone looks like or their mindset as you put it then you are fukked up and acting like a c00n.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
No that's some shyt you made up. Look up pro in a dictionary. It is to support or champion or favor something.
Its almost like they wanna line up person with a light complexion who is down and go down the line one by one asking "are both your parents black". If not they gotta go. Truth is you have light skinned folks who have two black parents who look mixed and mixed folks who look like they could have two black parents. Theyd rather have a dark skinned c00n on the team than someone who is biracial and fully accepts their black identity. The truth is most of us wouldn't even be here if not for IR at some point so we need to include everybody who wants to be. Theres strength in numbers

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
I can respect this perspective. I think there is an unhealthy focus on people "going around saying" they are pro black. I question anybody going around and saying anything if they have no body of work behind it or don't come off that way. At its core, it just sort of is something that is there and reflected in your actions or vibe. I admit if you are in a space with a white chick on your arm your vibes not going to be pro black. That said, that's just a temporary space even if you are married to her. Most rooms you find yourself in where the work is getting done and the people are appreciative of your efforts being in an IR relationship isn't even a factor.

Thank you, in my limited experience I think being pro-black or pro-whatever isn't something you say or consciously do, it is just who you are, the way you think, how you carry yourself, and your essence. With that said, I mean I don't see an issue with dating someone of a different race, I just think naturally it will just be harder if your essence is pro-black or pro-whatever. I've dated Asian and black women but even those women had exposure or wanted to exposed to Latin culture.

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
I have a black wife and kids. Ive mentored black youth. I actually get my ass out and vote becuz we have ancestors who died for our right to do that. But Ive been told in this very thread Im disqualified from being pro black becuz I had a child out of wedlock at 18. When I asked these same posters what they do for their community it was crickets
noone said that though.

No that's some shyt you made up. Look up pro in a dictionary. It is to support or champion or favor something.
no its not.
being problack means your are that way in all aspects of your life, at all times.

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
Thank you, in my limited experience I think being pro-black or pro-whatever isn't something you say or consciously do, it is just who you are, the way you think, how you carry yourself, and your essence. With that said, I mean I don't see an issue with dating someone of a different race, I just think naturally it will just be harder if your essence is pro-black or pro-whatever. I've dated Asian and black women but even those women had exposure or wanted to exposed to Latin culture.
you're latino?
and exactly, if you are pro black your thoughts are black.
its not a counscious thing its like breathing.
with that being said how can you think black, and end up white?
if you're problack you wouldnt even entertain the thought of a non black spouse. period.

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
you're latino?
and exactly, if you are pro black your thoughts are black.
its not a counscious thing its like breathing.
with that being said how can you think black, and end up white?
if you're problack you wouldnt even entertain the thought of a non black spouse. period.

Yeah I'm Latin. I agree with you but at the same time I try not to judge people so I don't knock anyone who is very much in to their culture wanting to date or marry someone that isn't. Speaking strictly in my own personal experience, I've assimilated more into the Latin culture (the cultural tendencies of the region) as I've gotten older. I still date women that have non-Latin roots but mostly I date and vibe really well with Latin women. From my own experience, I just vibe better with Latin women and I understand them more. My swagger/vibe is has become Latin over the years from what a lot of my friends tell me.

Basically I won't knock anyone that dates outside their culture but at the same time I just think if you are really into your culture, naturally people (specifically women) who are of that culture just are attracted to you. Vice-versa, you will be more attracted to them and gravitated more towards people of your culture.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I guess Im automatically disqualified from being pro black cuz I had my son out of wedlock at 18 huh?
Did you make a home with that woman?
nikka I was 18 :what:
And being a cancer on the black community

Stats cant conclude one's experience. That's ludicrous. And to say becuz I made a mistake at 18 means Im a cancer is ludicrous. My son is in my life fulltime and Im doing what I need to do to raise him into a productive black man which unfortunately a lot of our peers aren't doing. What's more pro black than that?