Pro Black but Equal Oppurtunity Dater

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
I think being pro-black or whatever group you claim is more about your essence and demeanor than what you say or conciously do. At end that plays a huge party in who attract and who is attracted to you. In my experience ive become much more latino and my essence is super latino. I wont be attracted nor will i attract WASP type white women. I will attract latin women, especially of they grew up in the region. A lot of people say it is how I carry myself and they say I dress pretty latin.

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think being pro-black or whatever group you claim is more about your essence and demeanor than what you say or conciously do. At end that plays a huge party in who attract and who is attracted to you. In my experience ive become much more latino and my essence is super latino. I wont be attracted nor will i attract WASP type white women. I will attract latin women, especially of they grew up in the region. A lot of people say it is how I carry myself and they say I dress pretty latin.

I can respect this perspective. I think there is an unhealthy focus on people "going around saying" they are pro black. I question anybody going around and saying anything if they have no body of work behind it or don't come off that way. At its core, it just sort of is something that is there and reflected in your actions or vibe. I admit if you are in a space with a white chick on your arm your vibes not going to be pro black. That said, that's just a temporary space even if you are married to her. Most rooms you find yourself in where the work is getting done and the people are appreciative of your efforts being in an IR relationship isn't even a factor.

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thread just proved to me why bi racials and mixed couples shoudnt be allowed to hold elite spaces in our community and institutions.

So when you see a light skinned person who could be bi-racial, but actually is 2 or 3 generations removed from a white person, you would not grant them full inclusion in the participatory politics of black people?

Trying to figure out where we draw the line. This is sounding a lot like some Willie Lynch shyt

Last edited:

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You cant be pro black when 4 times a week, you say, "yes, bring me more casserole!!!"
I mean that's cool breh. But my point is UOENO and neither do the black people you are helping. And the dude asking for casserole isn't saying he is pro black. It's sort of a perception based on community oriented action

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
So when you see a light skinned person who could be bi-racial, but actually is 2 or 3 generations removed from a white person, you would not grant them full inclusion in the participatory politics of black people?

Trying to figure out where we draw the line. This is sounding a lot like some Willie Lynch shyt

light skin=/=bi racial
but you knew that though.:stopitslime:

do you think people with visas should be able to run for president?

do you think lesbians should be the face of black manhood?

why should bi racials be granted full inclusion to a group that they aren't fully a part of?

better yet, why do you want bi racials to be the face of blackness?

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Here's the problem. Nobody else in this country is pro equality. Nobody but black people. Actually, scratch that....people are pro black when they want to use black people to cosign their movement, but throw us under the bus when they receive whatever rights they're looking for.

I'm 100% pro black. I'm not pro minority, not pro mixed people, not pro brown people, or pro equality.

Every other group has been shytting on us, and y'all nikkas is still talking this pro equality bullshyt :camby:
That's how most black people should have been like througout the civil rights movement. What good is it be pro equality by yourself. I respect other races but I wany to see blacks become a force to reckon with. This would be the greatest underdog story of all time.

Blacks are really the only group that holds fast to the we are the world stance. I am so sorry that is the speech of losers who have been trampled on so long.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
its okay op. You're no different than half the the male Civil Rights activist from the 50s and 60s, your idol Frederick Douglas and Angela Davis. You would fit right in. :pachaha:
That is one of thr civil rights movement biggest failures...not delineating those that want to be absorbed by the larger community from those who want to self actualize as a black collective and rebuild as a black community.

Superstar
Daps
its okay op. You're no different than half the the male Civil Rights activist from the 50s and 60s, your idol Frederick Douglas and Angela Davis. You would fit right in. :pachaha:

i hear about davis having a white husband, but the guy that i find on google is black.
111-1126_IMG-1.jpg

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
H
light skin=/=bi racial
but you knew that though.:stopitslime:

do you think people with visas should be able to run for president?

do you think lesbians should be the face of black manhood?

why should bi racials be granted full inclusion to a group that they aren't fully a part of?

better yet, why do you want bi racials to be the face of blackness?

Ok let me try to explain this to you in a way you might understand.

How the fukk do you know if someone is bi-racial or just lightskin? If you know because they told you they are "biracial", you are discriminating based on how they identify and I don't have a problem with that at that point they don't even consider themselves black. If they told you they are black, which is how many identify, how the fukk do you know the difference? Or are you just going around counting all mixed looking people as non blacks?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
@Yup

I think Colorism/Shadeism arises with the inclusion of bi-racial or mixed race heritage people into the Black race.

Also beauty and desirability is another overlooked issue.
colorism/shadeism arose becuz slavemasters used that as a tool to keep us divided. If you still adhere to that than you are still stuck in that slave mentality

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is one of thr civil rights movement biggest failures...not delineating those that want to be absorbed by the larger community from those who want to self actualize as a black collective and rebuild as a black community.

I think we were already a black community. Marcus Garvey had separatist movement, before that Liberia, and more recently the Nation of Islam. The people who were separatists were not apart of of what is popularly called the CRM. Moreover, those movements failed with the exception of Liberia perhaps and some needed infusions of pride.

The CRM on the other hand wasn't a failure, it just wasn't their aim to be separate. They succeeded in their struggle and failed in some spots, which I don't see anyone bringing up. Like desegregating schools but failing to secure equal funding for schools. Just one example, but they couldn't foresee white flight etc etc. A lot of these problems fell on future generations, even ours, but we are not as driven to be active or organized. Perhaps a lot of us have been co-opted by the trappings of integration and separated from other blacks still struggling.

And yea, a white woman would be a trapping. But so is moving to white burbs, working for the white man, and sending your kids to white schools. All these stuff diverts our talents from black people. That being said, to go back to someone's point about a puzzle, just because you haven't placed all the peices doesn't mean you aren't pro finishing the puzzle. Especially if the few peices you provided came at great cost and sacrifice.

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
H

Ok let me try to explain this to you in a way you might understand.

How the fukk do you know if someone is bi-racial or just lightskin? If you know because they told you they are "biracial", you are discriminating based on how they identify and I don't have a problem with that at that point they don't even consider themselves black. If they told you they are black, which is how many identify, how the fukk do you know the difference? Or are you just going around counting all mixed looking people as non blacks?

you have bi racial kids?
you do know that light skin is not a trait exclusive to bi racials right?
you know, just as i know ,just as everyone knows.
regardless of how they identify you have a non black mother you aren't black off back.
your arguing fruitless points.

i will know the difference because when it comes down to it they will talk just as you do.
youre more concerned with defending your not black wife and kids then anything else.Simple.
anyone in a interracial relationship could never be " pro- black" just off of GP
#NOTAllWhitePpl #POCsolidarity and all that "other" BS.
the conversation never stays on topic with you people.

youre an equalist, NOT Pro-Black.