Pro Black but Equal Oppurtunity Dater

Gravity

Banned
Daps
No shyt breh. But what does that have to do with the sacrifices people made while the civil rights movement was happening is my point. At lol at Civil Rights leaders not being pro black but pro equality. Way yall nikkas define it who fukking cares. Rename that shyt coli boys club
Where has those sacrifices actually gotten us though? That's my point. The black community is arguably worse off now than it was 60 years ago and the main reason is that we insist upon trying to gain acceptance. We insist upon trying to integrate into a system that is set up to oppress us. This country is founded on the principles of white supremacy and whites will never give up on those principles. Integration was/is not the answer because whites will never play fair or treat us equally. They will always seek to oppress us in order to maintain privilege. White supremacy is a declaration of war against blacks. Once you understand that as a pro-black person then there's no way to justify marrying a person of a different. Self hate runs rampant an the family structure in our community has all but been destroyed. How can you truly be pot-black with a non black woman?

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sexual preferences is not oppression or subjugation

If you prefer one race of people over another, the inference is that you think those people are better.

If I prefer one song to another, I believe the song I prefer is better.

Once you believe one race of people is better than another, you can use that to justify oppression and subjugation of the less preferred race.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
If you prefer one race of people over another, the inference is that you think those people are better.

If I prefer one song to another, I believe the song I prefer is better.

Once you believe one race of people is better than another, you can use that to justify oppression and subjugation of the less preferred race.
So I guess you oppress those songs you feel are "inferior" then huh? :mjlol:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

Better "subjectively" and Better "objectively" are not the same. You can't seem to grasp that.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I guess you oppress those songs you feel are "inferior" then huh? :mjlol:

Feeling something is inferior does not always lead to oppression.

But it can and has. And quite frankly, there is no basis for considering someone inferior on the basis of skin color.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Feeling something is inferior does not always lead to oppression.

But it can and has. And quite frankly, there is no basis for considering someone inferior on the basis of skin color.
But I don't consider non-black men inferior on a humanistic level. I just feel black men are more attractive than any other race of men, give me a 10/10 black man and I'd think he looks better than a 10/10 white guy. You're talking about seeing someone as incapable like I'm looking at personality, intelligence, etc. and attributing less favorable characteristics to non black men when all I'm talking about are merely aesthetics.

Daps
IMO, racial preference carries with it the idea of racial superiority.

And ideologically, black supremacy is the idea that blacks are the superior race.

Obama dated nothing but white women before Michelle so his grandkids came close to being white. Obama knew that in order to make it in the political arena he had to have a Black wife. If he did not have any political aspirations he most likely would've ended up with a white woman and white children since that's the environment he grew up in.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Obama dated nothing but white women before Michelle so his grandkids came close to being white. Obama knew that in order to make it in the political arena he had to have a Black wife. If he did not have any political aspirations he most likely would've ended up with a white woman and white children since that's the environment he grew up in.
i didn't want to bother pointing that out because its speculation at its finest, but i wholeheartedly agree `

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where has those sacrifices actually gotten us though? That's my point. The black community is arguably worse off now than it was 60 years ago and the main reason is that we insist upon trying to gain acceptance. We insist upon trying to integrate into a system that is set up to oppress us. This country is founded on the principles of white supremacy and whites will never give up on those principles. Integration was/is not the answer because whites will never play fair or treat us equally. They will always seek to oppress us in order to maintain privilege. White supremacy is a declaration of war against blacks. Once you understand that as a pro-black person then there's no way to justify marrying a person of a different. Self hate runs rampant an the family structure in our community has all but been destroyed. How can you truly be pot-black with a non black woman?

under your definition no one can be pro black because we all need 60 years of 20/20 hindsight to see if whatever strategy works then our future black kids can look back on what we've done with their future sensibilities and make the call. We'll all be dead and gone and hopefully not rolling in our graves listening to our progeny bytch and moan about how much worse off they are than we were.

Jfc man up tmz activists more concerned with who people do and don't fukk than what they actually do. Can articulate every shortcoming in arguably one of the most powerful US movements but lost in the present. The movement got hijacked, and continues to lose strength because we are dropping the ball. A lot has happened (not happened) in 60 years.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
under your definition no one can be pro black because we all need 60 years of 20/20 hindsight to see if whatever strategy works then our future black kids can look back on what we've done with their future sensibilities and make the call. We'll all be dead and gone and hopefully not rolling in our graves listening to our progeny bytch and moan about how much worse off they are than we were.

Jfc man up tmz activists more concerned with who people do and don't fukk than what they actually do. Can articulate every shortcoming in arguably one of the most powerful US movements but lost in the present. The movement got hijacked, and continues to lose strength because we are dropping the ball. A lot has happened (not happened) in 60 years.
:scusthov: Piss poor response. What's my definition of pro-black? We are debating a specific issue here. You didn't say anything in the post above. Do you acknowledge systematic white supremacy? Do you acknowledge that white supremacy is a system that is maintained by whites as a whole and that they aren't willing to give it up? The final question is how do you reconcile being pro-black in a society that systematically sabotages black unity? The reality is "who you fukk" is a big part of "what you do". Like others have said, if you want together a non black chic then do that. Just don't try and claim to be pro black without expecting to be called out because you're not.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
:scusthov: Piss poor response. What's my definition of pro-black? We are debating a specific issue here. You didn't say anything in the post above. Do you acknowledge systematic white supremacy? Do you acknowledge that white supremacy is a system that is maintained by whites as a whole and that they aren't willing to give it up? The final question is how do you reconcile being pro-black in a society that systematically sabotages black unity? The reality is "who you fukk" is a big part of "what you do". Like others have said, if you want together a non black chic then do that. Just don't try and claim to be pro black without expecting to be called out because you're not.
Exactly, one of the major goals of white supremacy is to tear down the black family unit so one of the major goals for those claiming pro-black is to mend it (black family unit), the fact that these IR daters can't see this blows my mind.