Daps
Dude has never heard of cognitive dissonance or reaction formation :mjlol:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Biracials are not Black.
What I don't understand is that some people don't consider biracials blk but if they have kids with a blk spouse than the kids are blk. If those blk kids have kids with a white spouse than those kids are biracial. If that biracial kid has a kid with a white spouse than the kid is white and so on and so on. How can you have generations of the same family moving in and out of different races like its the Harlem Globetrotter figure 8?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
What I don't understand is that some people don't consider biracials blk but if they have kids with a blk spouse than the kids are blk. If those blk kids have kids with a white spouse than those kids are biracial. If that biracial kid has a kid with a white spouse than the kid is white and so on and so on. How can you have generations of the same family moving in and out of different races like its the Harlem Globetrotter figure 8?

Because race is largely based on phenotype and where you fall socially under White supremacy.

:deadmanny: This dumb nikka so caught in his feelings he can't admit the civil rights movement was about black people.

About and benefitting are 2 different things. Once again, nuance escapes you.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Because race is largely based on phenotype and where you fall socially under White supremacy.

But you have biracials who you couldn't even tell are mixed and some that could pass for white. And they were slaves if they couldn't pass so therefore they fell under the same white supremacy. Plus some of the hardest working pro black advocated were biracial

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
But you have biracials who you couldn't even tell are mixed and some that could pass for white.

I've never seen biracials who could pass for White unless the Black parent was biracial themselves.

And yall gotta stop using pro black and pro equality synonymously.

Back4The1stTime

All Star
Daps
Let's be real your gonna have half breed kids and they gonna marry a white woman just like they daddy, or a CAC bf like most half breed women out there

That's the thing with me. I don't have nothing against IR dating, but the though of my offspring looking NOTHING like me is frightening. I want my kids to be BLACK, I want my grandkids to be BLACK, and want my great-grandkids to be BLACK. I don't want to be sitting in the family picture looking like a mistake.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I've never seen biracials who could pass for White unless the Black parent was biracial themselves.

This has nothing to do with pro black and pro equality. Based on our history biracials were always considered black. That's one of the reasons we were called black or colored in the first place. Black in America is more based on experience than genetics simply since most of us are so mixed up and truly don't know are real ancestry. Our identities were stolen from us. Also history is full of biracials and even those with two lightskinned parents who could pass for white

Back4The1stTime

All Star
Daps

I think there is a proxy war going on inside the bi-racial community about how they should be identified. What I do find interesting though is that some people believe that if a biracial child comes from a BW/WM then somehow they will identify as black and if the child comes from a WW/BM then somehow that child will just want to be identified as both. But I have seen it both ways.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I think there is a proxy war going on inside the bi-racial community about how they should be identified. What I do find interesting though is that some people believe that if a biracial child comes from a BW/WM then somehow they will identify as black and if the child comes from a WW/BM then somehow that child will just want to be identified as both. But I have seen it both ways.
But all of that is part of the Black American experience. Slavemasters purposely played us against each other to distract us and keep us ignorant to keep us from worrying about our freedom

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

no, once again you create meaning as you go along. Who it ultimately benefited has nothing to do with championing, supporting, or favoring black people in the moment when it was happening. When it was happening it was about black people and the people that lost money, got their heads beat in, and sacrificed for that cause we

you're commenting after the fact. Pro black changes with time. At one point it was pro black just to say don't call me a negro. You are applying today's standards to 60 years ago. Is that the nuance you are missing?

Yes, civil rights movement was about black people. Who it ended up benefitting 60 years later is immaterial to whether the people supporting, championing, and favoring the causes of black people back then should be considered pro black now.

Also, people do realize this looks like them thing goes both ways. So light skin people should just get with light skin people and dark skin dark skin etc etc. Just do you. Raise your kids to be conscious of US history and Afro Am history whatever they look like.