Pro Black but Equal Oppurtunity Dater

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I agree with your point though. Culture does trump something as arbitrary as "race." I've traveled extensively overseas, and I definitely understood what it felt to be as as an "American" rather than just black.

IMPO if you took a black American from NYC and a White American from Texas and put them in a room with a Black Brazilian and a White Brazilian....the two nationalities would share far much more than the two people from the same color.
You talk as of we are fully accepted within our nationality lol.

Unlike the Afro-Dominicans and their nation we are still treated as immigrants in this Nation. Never forget that

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Do you realize how antiquated and myopic this is? Mysogonestic? All of that. People can play a role in the uplifting of black people and not even have nor want a family. Messed up families are a symptom not the cause of all our problems.
I disagree the lack of family structure is both a symptom and a cause.
So what is your gameplan? To guilt whites into acknowledging and actively changing how they have treated blacks? Have blacks ever been given anything without bloodshed?

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Considering divorce rates are sky high across the board it can't be happy families. Maybe they are more supportive of each other instead of always aiming to gun each other down? Perhaps they do have stronger cultural ties than AA's who pretty much have had to invent our culture only to see it get b*stardized by US consumerism over and over again? Who knows? This whole conversation is just insane to me. Doers will do though and you always will have that group that critiques them and acts as obstructionists. Way I see it is I would never discourage anyone from doing anything positive and if they would be encouraged by kind words I'd give it to them rather than pointing out where they supposedly falter.

If you think of all the dysfunction within all the black unity it all stems from a lacking family unit.
Think of all the successful communities what do they have in common?

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
My wife is chinese and i still say marry a black woman. :manny: There is no heaven when it comes to relationships and youll be better off with your own kind, for the sake of the culture. Just make sure you dont marry no c00n female or ladies a c00n male.
That's very honest of you @Mowgli, its amazing that people can't see the forest from the trees it think it's a personal attack. I hold myself by the definition as well...but on my case it's not a chore because I prefer my own race anyway. But some of y'all I can tell it's a struggle. Y'all can be onboard woth anything else but as soon as we say you must be with black woman...than it's liberal/kumbaya crap.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Your theories are theories and they are good as far as theories go. Meanwhile there are people putting actual work in to better the outcomes of black people and personally I couldn't care less who they date but am very appreciative of their efforts. And yea we do make up the rules as we go along, just like our forefathers. We no longer live in dejure segregation so the games changed too. It makes sense our methods would as well looking forward. I feel like people are putting the cart before the horse. We don't have an overabundance of people putting in the work so maybe we should be a bit more lax in our judgments. Basically, a bunch of choosey beggars itt. Our community needs work so let's start with the work and we can quibble about philosophies later. People literally dying, starving, and getting locked up here and we are suspicious of other black people helping because they date different races of women. Smh.

You don't know what you're talking about. My perspective is based on experience and being involved in the community as well as surrounding myself with like minded black people who practice what they preach. This myth of having a black community with non-black partners and bi-racial children is nothing but bullshyt being said by nikkas who have no real pride in their community but want to be recognized as leaders within it. This shyt isn't some rec room YMCA volunteer shyt where you go home and that's that. It's a set of principles that people have fully embraced and it's evident in their actions within the community. The foundation of every community is principles and guidelines. Without it, you don't have a community

If the majority of people didn't adhere to MLK's philosophy of non-violence and love, then the Civil rights movement would have had a different outcome. If the nation of Islam didn't stick to their principles and guidelines, then Malcolm would have still been Detroit Red and not Malcolm X. If the people of Montgomery didn't stick to their principles of boycotting the bus company, then there would have been a different outcome. There are alot of people out here puttin in work and they aren't compromising their principles in the process ( I know because I'm out here). Marry a non-black woman and see how much say you have in her community.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Considering divorce rates are sky high across the board it can't be happy families. Maybe they are more supportive of each other instead of always aiming to gun each other down? Perhaps they do have stronger cultural ties than AA's who pretty much have had to invent our culture only to see it get b*stardized by US consumerism over and over again? Who knows? This whole conversation is just insane to me. Doers will do though and you always will have that group that critiques them and acts as obstructionists. Way I see it is I would never discourage anyone from doing anything positive and if they would be encouraged by kind words I'd give it to them rather than pointing out where they supposedly falter.
Nobody is discouraging anyone from doing good. What people are doing is trying to establish standards which is high time that they do. I'm sorry but black communities have virtually no standards because whenever someone is trying to, they get shouted down from being extremist when they are trying to establish a foundation.

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree the lack of family structure is both a symptom and a cause.
So what is your gameplan? To guilt whites into acknowledging and actively changing how they have treated blacks? Have blacks ever been given anything without bloodshed?

my plan? I do a shyt ton in the community. And will continue to. If everyone put in as many hours as I do doing something at least then I'd have every confidence black folk would be in good shape, but honestly, everyone doesnt. Most people just like to sit around and talk shyt and explain why not or talk about someone. This shyt honestly disgusts me. And this isn't coming from someone who wants to date white women. It's coming from someone who puts in hundreds of hours of work a year looking at people the vast majority of which I know don't do shyt sit up and define how someone should be characterized. Well, fukk that, if I date a white woman I've earned my got damn stripes and my resume speaks for itself. Do something instead of worrying about me. You aren't busy enough

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
my plan? I do a shyt ton in the community. And will continue to. If everyone put in as many hours as I do doing something at least then I'd have every confidence black folk would be in good shape, but honestly, everyone doesnt. Most people just like to sit around and talk shyt and explain why not or talk about someone. This shyt honestly disgusts me. And this isn't coming from someone who wants to date white women. It's coming from someone who puts in hundreds of hours of work a year looking at people the vast majority of which I know don't do shyt sit up and define how someone should be characterized. Well, fukk that, if I date a white woman I've earned my got damn stripes and my resume speaks for itself. Do something instead of worrying about me. You aren't busy enough
I understand where you are coming from..but your anger is misplaced lazy arses will always exist. I am willing to bet they existed during the civil roghts movement and throughout slavery, the brave are cut and self sacrificing are few.
That being said, what is said here holds merit. Forming a family with a nonblack person is counterpoductive to forming a strong black community.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Nobody is discouraging anyone from doing good. What people are doing is trying to establish standards which is high time that they do.
And who establishes those "standards?" You at 22 years old? Bishop Tutu? Do they get to decide who I fuk, where I buy my house, who I give my business to, where I dine at, what movies I watch or where I choose to send my kids to school? Lol

Sorry lol yall can holler it from Howard University all day, you nor anyone has the power to define or dictate someone else's pronciples.

I'm On my iPhone so excuse the corrections

Last edited:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
And who establishes those "standards?" You at 22 years old? Bishop Tutu? Do they get to decide who I fuk, where I buy my house, who I give my business to, or where I choose to sendy kids to school? Lol

Sorry lol yall can holler it from Howard University all day, you or anyone else just does not have the power to define or dictate someone else's pronciples.
Dude, no need to get upset. You live your life every day, nobody is stopping you. You are more likely to have white people oppose your union than blacks frankly. All people saying is part of being problack is forming black unions which makes logical sense, so get your emotions out of it.

You have been sleeping with who you wanted for years now. Nobody is preventing for you to sleep who you want.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
That's very honest of you @Mowgli, its amazing that people can't see the forest from the trees it think it's a personal attack. I hold myself by the definition as well...but on my case it's not a chore because I prefer my own race anyway. But some of y'all I can tell it's a struggle. Y'all can be onboard woth anything else but as soon as we say you must be with black woman...than it's liberal/kumbaya crap.
My wife is great in regards to her maternal instincts and her ability to be selfless and put everyones needs before her. Her culture promotes hard work, independence and reverence of elders. The responsibility of black awareness, self consciouss and all that good stuff will fall solely on me because obviously she wont be able to do that. Our struggles are different but we are bonded by a similar struggle in regards to how our people are treated by cacs so when it comes to racism, in terms of discrimination and predjudice we can relate. Obviously her people were not completely stripped like mine so this limits some of her perspective. We both share in common the fact that we want to win and want our on to win and try to help one another's respective races get this money. She also respects my judgement so im the captain of the ship and she doesnt want to rock the boat unless which gives me the comfort to know we're on course .

That said, stay with your own race and if you gotta stray out, go non-white.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
And who establishes those "standards?" You at 22 years old? Bishop Tutu? Do they get to decide who I fuk, where I buy my house, who I give my business to, or where I choose to send kids to school? Lol

Sorry lol yall can holler it from Howard University all day, you or anyone else just does not have the power to define or dictate someone else's pronciples.
Dude, no need to get upset. You live your life every day, nobody is stopping you. You are more likely to have white people oppose your union than blacks frankly. All people saying is part of being problack is forming black unions which makes logical sense, so get your emotions out of it.

You have been sleeping with who you wanted for years now. Nobody is preventing for you to sleep who you want.
You're pretty bad at reading at reading people. Has anyone told you that? I'm actually laughing at the responses here... Need a smilie to see to see that...here it is :russ:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
You're pretty bad at reading at reading people. Has anyone told you that? I'm actually laughing at the responses here... Need a smilie to see to see that...here it is :russ:
Ok. Needles to say, you are not making a relevant argument, but attempt to distract from it by your petttiness.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Ok. Needles to say, you are not making a relevant argument, but attempt to distract from it by your petttiness.
Lol wrong the argument is very relevant. You just don't have the tools or capabilities to answer them in a way where your point makes any sense. It's really that obvious.