Pro Black but Equal Oppurtunity Dater

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I didn't ask you if you care if black women date out, nor do I care if black women date out as long their not belittle their race.

The question I ask you "IF" down the road you marry someone non black and have mixed kids, would you want your kids to marry black or you don't care?

Id be a big azz hypocrite to get mad at my kids dating white if their mom was in fact, white.

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
how if they are growing up in America?
if they live in an ethnic enclave they will align with either extreme.
i have yet to come across a black american/nigerian who's is proud of both,
especially amongst Nigerians with that akata BS they like to spew.
they mostly claim Nigerian until its convenient to claim Black American.
i blame that more so to cultural inferiority perpetuated by the Black American parent and the Nigerian anti- Black American culture alike.
SO ultimately it depends on how you raise your kids on whether or not they will have a Black American consciousness.
Most multi ethnic people dont (especially if the mom isnt Black American), that's why im not counting on them to continue the Black American legacy.
There is also a shortage of "quality" Black women :mjpls:
there you go trying to turn this in to a gender war.

i already acknowledged that fact.:comeon:

My point being Black men/women are emotionally damaged so you never really know how they will react under that family pressure. That is one of the greatest challenges in life keeping a family happy and together.

as i stated before how is adding to a problem going to yield a solution?

[/QUOTE]

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
I wouldn't care as long as they had a sense of their own blackness. If you understand that and still date out you made that decision with your eyes open. If I sensed it was on some bullshyt I wouldn't be pleased at all.
I don't know how that possible when their kids coming out white.
Id be a big azz hypocrite to get mad at my kids dating white if their mom was in fact, white.
Okay agree with that statement, but do consider yourself pro black? if not, there's no problem dating out.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
if they live in an ethnic enclave they will align with either extreme.
i have yet to come across a black american/nigerian who's is proud of both,
especially amongst Nigerians with that akata BS they like to spew.
they mostly claim Nigerian until its convenient to claim Black American.
i blame that more so to cultural inferiority perpetuated by the Black American parent and the Nigerian anti- Black American culture alike.
SO ultimately it depends on how you raise your kids on whether or not they will have a Black American consciousness.
Most multi ethnic people dont (especially if the mom isnt Black American), that's why im not counting on them to continue the Black American legacy.

So you want us to stay loyal to yall (Black American women) but you think we are not of quality?

Most half Black Americans/ Half Black immigrants will identify as Black American in America imo fyi

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Good post.

Here's the thing

Do lukewarm preachers effect your faith in the word ? If you had a trusted community preacher your whole life, would you renounce your faith if he was an adulterer? No. Cause my faith is my faith.

It's the same when you're working for a cause/for the community. If you yourself are black and you identify as that and want to help other black folks (a severely undermanned and underfunded cause) then you are for the cause. All that side shyt is unnecessary. Regardless of the race of their mother, a black dude's kids will be black and will most likely identify with black folks. So you can't want to make a better environment for those kids if their mom aint black?

nikkas want to exclude folks who put in actual work but the lynch mob never comes for gangstas and thugs, pimps and pushers. Somehow their blackness is never in question.

If people are to be judged by their actions then judge weight of the actions appropriately.

It's not so much about faith in the word then it is about the person in an assumed seat of authority preaching to me how I should live when his life is in direct contradiction to what he believes. If his life is in contradiction to what he believes and preaches then he doesn't deserve to be in that position of authority. Don't proclaim to have those beliefs and put yourself into a position of leadership where people are following you, if you will not adhere to the guidelines that have been set by your beliefs.

If you're a man of principles then those principles are suppose to manifest in your actions. If you proclaim to be pro-black and embrace the beliefs that come with such ideology then your actions should be the manifestation of your principles. If you are down for the cause, then you should be down for all of it, not just what you want to be down for. A major part of Pro-black ideology is being pro-family. You can't have a thriving black community without a thriving black family. The problem is, nikkas don't live by a set of principles and they want to make up the rules as they go to suit their own agendas. That right there is the problem. There aren't set guidelines in place to police the culture so people will try to change the narrative to fit their own changing set of beliefs.

I don't believe in a non-black woman making a black child. To me that child is bi-racial. There ain't two ways around that. The fact that we are even discussing the notion of having a black family with a non-black parent shows that our community is broken. How can you align yourself with another community who's culture is intact when you come from a broken one? The beliefs in your culture are broken or non-existent and your trying to align yourself with one that is already in tact.

Everyone in the black community gets called out. No one is harsher on black folk than black folk. No one is immune to criticism. If we want things to change then we need to have a set of principles and guidelines set for everyone to follow. We can't be having people out here not backing up what they don't fully believe.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
It's not so much about faith in the word then it is about the person in an assumed seat of authority preaching to me how I should live when his life is in direct contradiction to what he believes. If his life is in contradiction to what he believes and preaches then he doesn't deserve to be in that position of authority. Don't proclaim to have those beliefs and put yourself into a position of leadership where people are following you, if you will not adhere to the guidelines that have been set by your beliefs.

If you're a man of principles then those principles are suppose to manifest in your actions. If you proclaim to be pro-black and embrace the beliefs that come with such ideology then your actions should be the manifestation of your principles. If you are down for the cause, then you should be down for all of it, not just what you want to be down for. A major part of Pro-black ideology is being pro-family. You can't have a thriving black community without a thriving black family. The problem is, nikkas don't live by a set of principles and they want to make up the rules as they go to suit their own agendas. That right there is the problem. There aren't set guidelines in place to police the culture so people will try to change the narrative to fit their own changing set of beliefs.

I don't believe in a non-black woman making a black child. To me that child is bi-racial. There ain't two ways around that. The fact that we are even discussing the notion of having a black family with a non-black parent shows that our community is broken. How can you align yourself with another community who's culture is intact when you come from a broken one? The beliefs in your culture are broken or non-existent and your trying to align yourself with one that is already in tact.

Everyone in the black community gets called out. No one is harsher on black folk than black folk. No one is immune to criticism. If we want things to change then we need to have a set of principles and guidelines set for everyone to follow. We can't be having people out here not backing up what they don't fully believe.
Hallelujah :blessed:

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Because you aren't preaching. You are doing. And what you are doing has nothing to do with who you are doing. I swear if people knew how hard it was to get anybody to act with courage and do anything on behalf of oppressed people when it is not popular and goes against vested interests, including the vested interests of some black folk with perfect nuclear black families, they would not be putting so many stipulations on shyt. It's like Monday morning quarterbacking, but with activism. Yes, the guy who gives 1000 hours of pro Bono work to poor black people is pro black why do you gaf if he's married to an Asian woman? Beyond that, what if he doesn't want to marry at all and is a womanizer? What if he's gay? Yall ridiculous.

kayslay

Daps
So you want us to stay loyal to yall (Black American women) but you think we are not of quality?

Most half Black Americans/ Half Black immigrants will identify as Black American in America imo fyi
Yeah those with Black American mothers. The others only when convenient.
(majority of the blacks in NYC have Black American parents/ grandparents but strictly claim to be west indian/latino , until its convenient).
Same as in dc and other places with a significant non- american black populations.
You already know this so stop being obtuse.

when did i say Black men weren't of quality?
You dudes here constantly bring it up but then when a black women says it its blasphemy. smh.
I said the same for the women.
You're trying to twist my words to push your agenda.
who are black american men supposed to be loyal too?
loyalty is another point that i alluded to in my other post.
lack of loyalty is the reason we are having this conversation.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Because you aren't preaching. You are doing. And what you are doing has nothing to do with who you are doing. I swear if people knew how hard it was to get anybody to act with courage and do anything on behalf of oppressed people when it is not popular and goes against vested interests, including the vested interests of some black folk with perfect nuclear black families, they would not be putting so many stipulations on shyt. It's like Monday morning quarterbacking, but with activism. Yes, the guy who gives 1000 hours of pro Bono work to poor black people is pro black why do you gaf if he's married to an Asian woman? Beyond that, what if he doesn't want to marry at all and is a womanizer? What if he's gay? Yall ridiculous.

Your actions are a manifestation of your principles. If you look at any black movement of the last 100 years, then you would clearly see that each movement gave it's members a set of principles and guidelines to follow. If you chose not to meet those guidelines fully, then you were in direct violation of the principles and movement you claimed to represent. MLK had the principles of christianity and non-violence, The nation of Islam had black nationalism and self determination. The people involved in these movements not only embraced those principles, but they made sure to line up their actions according to their beliefs.

You can't be out here proclaiming an ideology and it's principles if you aren't fully committed to it because it manifests itself in your actions. The problem is, yall want to change the dialogue to fit your beliefs and it doesn't work that way which is why I say the community would be broken at this point for a such a thought to be made and taken seriously.

kayslay

Daps

man i wish i could rep you.:mjcry::salute:

These mfs want to complain about the current state of the community while adding to the problem.simply put, you're either building or destroying.
Aint no way in hell you building a strong community with a bunch of half cast that directly benefit from and perpetuate white supremacy:why:.
how can you fight it when you go home and kiss it on the cheek :what:every night?
how can you be pro black when you go home and you're the only black mf in your house????????:skip:

we need to stop giving out all these passes.